The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Well finally! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=221299)

Data's Cat July 31 2013 04:10 AM

Well finally!
 
I finally got enough posts and length of time being a member to get my avatar uploaded.

I HATE being a newbie!

Trekker4747 July 31 2013 04:12 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Well, we've had a lot of trouble in these parts with n00bs and images. Congrats on the accomplishment, though. :)

Data's Cat July 31 2013 04:17 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Trekker4747 wrote: (Post 8448853)
Well, we've had a lot of trouble in these parts with n00bs and images. Congrats on the accomplishment, though. :)

Oh, I know. I've been around enough forums (as member and mod), to see a lot of not-nice stuff perpetrated by new members and bots. :eek:

Retu July 31 2013 07:39 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
This reminds me that I might actually be bothered to get an avatar some day. :D

Sigokat July 31 2013 07:41 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Data's Cat wrote: (Post 8448880)
Quote:

Trekker4747 wrote: (Post 8448853)
Well, we've had a lot of trouble in these parts with n00bs and images. Congrats on the accomplishment, though. :)

Oh, I know. I've been around enough forums (as member and mod), to see a lot of not-nice stuff perpetrated by new members and bots. :eek:

On another forum I go to, a woman posted a HUGE picture of her kitten's butt (tail up) asking if anyone could tell if the kitten was a boy or girl. :vulcan:

Then this one jackass took that picture and made it his avatar. It was pretty childish and I think eventually the mods made him take it down.

MacLeod July 31 2013 10:03 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Retu wrote: (Post 8449411)
This reminds me that I might actually be bothered to get an avatar some day. :D

Well choosing the right Avatar isn't always easy and these things have to be done right.

teacake July 31 2013 10:41 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Twelve years MacLeod.. is the pressure of perfection getting to you?

MacLeod July 31 2013 10:56 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Perhaps I've just decided that I'm happy without one. After all far better to lurk in the background rather than stand out. :p

Miss Chicken July 31 2013 11:34 AM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Sigokat wrote: (Post 8449414)
Quote:

Data's Cat wrote: (Post 8448880)
Quote:

Trekker4747 wrote: (Post 8448853)
Well, we've had a lot of trouble in these parts with n00bs and images. Congrats on the accomplishment, though. :)

Oh, I know. I've been around enough forums (as member and mod), to see a lot of not-nice stuff perpetrated by new members and bots. :eek:

On another forum I go to, a woman posted a HUGE picture of her kitten's butt (tail up) asking if anyone could tell if the kitten was a boy or girl. :vulcan:

Then this one jackass took that picture and made it his avatar. It was pretty childish and I think eventually the mods made him take it down.

I have had a cat's butt as my avatar for years. I even had one guy who complained about it in a thread.

teacake July 31 2013 01:11 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
Oh I would have loved to have seen that Miss Chicken :lol:

And MacLeod you should run a contest of some sort and the winner gets to pick you an avatar you are required to use for one week.

:: teacake enters contest 3000 times ::

Rhaven July 31 2013 01:29 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Miss Chicken wrote: (Post 8449720)
Quote:

Sigokat wrote: (Post 8449414)
Quote:

Data's Cat wrote: (Post 8448880)

Oh, I know. I've been around enough forums (as member and mod), to see a lot of not-nice stuff perpetrated by new members and bots. :eek:

On another forum I go to, a woman posted a HUGE picture of her kitten's butt (tail up) asking if anyone could tell if the kitten was a boy or girl. :vulcan:

Then this one jackass took that picture and made it his avatar. It was pretty childish and I think eventually the mods made him take it down.

I have had a cat's butt as my avatar for years. I even had one guy who complained about it in a thread.

There is a difference. Your avatar is cute, a real butt wouldn't be.

Robert Maxwell July 31 2013 01:40 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Miss Chicken wrote: (Post 8449720)
Quote:

Sigokat wrote: (Post 8449414)
Quote:

Data's Cat wrote: (Post 8448880)

Oh, I know. I've been around enough forums (as member and mod), to see a lot of not-nice stuff perpetrated by new members and bots. :eek:

On another forum I go to, a woman posted a HUGE picture of her kitten's butt (tail up) asking if anyone could tell if the kitten was a boy or girl. :vulcan:

Then this one jackass took that picture and made it his avatar. It was pretty childish and I think eventually the mods made him take it down.

I have had a cat's butt as my avatar for years. I even had one guy who complained about it in a thread.

I was gonna say, I figured you were the woman Sigokat was talking about! :p

Kestra July 31 2013 04:16 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Rhaven wrote: (Post 8449918)
Quote:

Miss Chicken wrote: (Post 8449720)
Quote:

Sigokat wrote: (Post 8449414)

On another forum I go to, a woman posted a HUGE picture of her kitten's butt (tail up) asking if anyone could tell if the kitten was a boy or girl. :vulcan:

Then this one jackass took that picture and made it his avatar. It was pretty childish and I think eventually the mods made him take it down.

I have had a cat's butt as my avatar for years. I even had one guy who complained about it in a thread.

There is a difference. Your avatar is cute, a real butt wouldn't be.

Are you telling me this guy isn't cute?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ales/036-1.jpg

Rhaven August 1 2013 02:16 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
Quote:

Kestra wrote: (Post 8450479)
Quote:

Rhaven wrote: (Post 8449918)
Quote:

Miss Chicken wrote: (Post 8449720)

I have had a cat's butt as my avatar for years. I even had one guy who complained about it in a thread.

There is a difference. Your avatar is cute, a real butt wouldn't be.

Are you telling me this guy isn't cute?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ales/036-1.jpg

A very beautiful tabby! As cute as cute can be.

From what Sigokat described, I had the impression that it was a full on butt picture.

Robert Maxwell August 1 2013 08:00 PM

Re: Well finally!
 
So cat butts are only offensive when they are full-on? What if they are almost full-on? What's the angular threshold at which it goes from "inoffensive" to "offensive"? How much of the anal disc must be visible to register offense?

:p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.