The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Speculation about stuff in latest Typhon Pact novel SPOILERS WITHIN (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=220801)

mendelin July 25 2013 02:34 PM

Speculation about stuff in latest Typhon Pact novel SPOILERS WITHIN

adding this text so the rollover doesn't show a spoiler, apparently I need a lot of text. Sorry for the uninspired thread title, I'm completely blanking on what the latest TP book is called :lol: - trampledamage

In last TP novel Odo returns to Alpha Quadrant

The question is waht can he do in Alpha Quadrant? Can he join his friends on DS9 or on Sisko's Robinson? Or should he simply wait for wormhole opening to go to Gamma Quadrant?

Is there any reasons for authors to bring him back to the novels as regular character?

R. Star July 25 2013 02:39 PM

Re: The Return Of Odo. For how long?

I just see him hanging out on Bajor with Kira until the wormhole reopens, which we all know it will at some point. The Prophets will not be denied. I guess he could work on DS9-2 but just doesn't seem to fit at this point.

King Daniel Into Darkness July 25 2013 02:43 PM

The problem with that being that...

JeremyWWoolward July 25 2013 02:44 PM

Odo cannot hang out with Kira because Kira's not there either. She piloted the runabout and played a factor in the aforementioned spoiler. I suspect Odo took up Sisko's offer and joined him on the USS Robinson. But since DRG III's novel hits shelves next month, we'll see what happened.

JeremyWWoolward July 25 2013 02:44 PM

Oops...The King beat me to it.....

mendelin July 25 2013 02:58 PM

Must Odo return to Gamma Quadrant as soon as possible? What role he plays for the Dominion?

tomswift2002 July 25 2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

mendelin wrote: (Post 8427067)
Must Odo return to Gamma Quadrant as soon as possible? What role he plays for the Dominion?

Right now Odo is the one of the co-heads of the Dominion government.

DGCatAniSiri July 26 2013 04:32 AM

Seeing as how Revelations and Dust picks up the story of DS9's characters, including Odo (and potentially Kira, based on the blurb), we're gonna have to wait a few more months to learn.

nickyboy July 26 2013 10:54 AM

The Aventine could have him back in Dominion space in no time

T'Ressa Dax July 26 2013 09:36 PM

But the Aventine has other things to do... And I have a feeling for everyone who likes that idea someone's going to hate it...

Relayer1 July 26 2013 09:39 PM

Restarting DS9 required getting a good percentage of the main cast back together.

So they did.

Sran July 26 2013 10:18 PM

^I'm interested to see what becomes of Odo with his path back to the Dominion blocked for the time being. Sisko offered him a position aboard Robinson, but he hadn't decided if he wanted it or not. Whatever happens, I'm sure he'll have a role in the upcoming novel series.

--Sran

R. Star July 26 2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

T'Ressa Dax wrote: (Post 8432395)
But the Aventine has other things to do... And I have a feeling for everyone who likes that idea someone's going to hate it...

The whole point of that is it would be quick. Strings can be pulled for a Head of State of a government you're wanting to maintain cordial or at least neutral relations with. I really couldn't see Odo just completely abandoning the Dominion at this point when he's got so much invested in reforming it.

Relayer1 July 26 2013 11:25 PM

The powers that be DONT want him back in Dominion space - they want him around DS9 for a while for story reasons.

It's a plot device.

Sran July 26 2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8432800)
The whole point of that is it would be quick. Strings can be pulled for a Head of State of a government you're wanting to maintain cordial or at least neutral relations with. I really couldn't see Odo just completely abandoning the Dominion at this point when he's got so much invested in reforming it.

Sisko explicitly states that Aventine isn't an option for Odo, which is why he offers the Robinson position.

--Sran