The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cast the new Batman (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=220654)

Dark Gilligan July 23 2013 10:49 PM

Cast the new Batman

Thought I'd kick off the inevitable wish list. Who would you cast as the new Batman and Bruce Wayne? I'd go with someone who will pair nicely with Henry Cavill (since that's really the point), not too similar but not a polar opposite either. 30ish, ruggedly handsome (maybe a little slicker than Cavill) but still believable as an internationally successful businessman and playboy. That's a tall order. Thoughts?

davejames July 23 2013 11:08 PM

Re: Cast the new Batman

A suggestion I've seen in other forums is Karl Urban, which I kinda like. He's proven with Dredd that he can do the stern, badass thing really well.

Flying Spaghetti Monster July 23 2013 11:09 PM

My pics:
James D'arcy
Johnny Messner
Richard Armitage

Gaith July 23 2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Dark Gilligan wrote: (Post 8420587)
30ish, ruggedly handsome (maybe a little slicker than Cavill) but still believable as an internationally successful businessman and playboy. That's a tall order. Thoughts?

Well then, the choice is clear:

:devil:

theenglish July 23 2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8420746)
Quote:

30ish, ruggedly handsome (maybe a little slicker than Cavill) but still believable as an internationally successful businessman and playboy. That's a tall order. Thoughts?

Actually, that might work to move him into more dramatic roles. Beats my suggestion of Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Ovation July 23 2013 11:43 PM

Chris Pine. :shifty:

Out Of My Vulcan Mind July 23 2013 11:52 PM

Michael Fassbender.

Greg Cox July 23 2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

davejames wrote: (Post 8420647)
A suggestion I've seen in other forums is Karl Urban, which I kinda like. He's proven with Dredd that he can do the stern, badass thing really well.

You know, I like that idea. I just watched RED the other night, and he was a convincingly tough and smart and relentless in that one, too. And even managed to make his character somewhat sympathetic despite being on the wrong side . . . .

Hartzilla2007 July 23 2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Ovation wrote: (Post 8420794)
Chris Pine. :shifty:

Of course then we would have a Batman (Chris Pine) mentored by Batman (Bruce Greenwood in Star Trek) who was mentored by Batman (Peter Weller mentioned in Into Darkness).

Jax July 24 2013 12:37 AM

Sam Witwer

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...-%20Batman.jpg

Santa Kang July 24 2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8420746)
Quote:

Squiggy?

CorporalClegg July 24 2013 01:35 AM

Is Braff really that more "out there" than Keaton?

IMO, though, I think it might be good to have Bruce a few years older than Clark. Given that, what about Jon Hamm or Gabriel Macht?

Ovation July 24 2013 02:03 AM

Jon Hamm would have been good 6-7 years ago. A bit too old unless they're going for an end of career Batman.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind July 24 2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 8421283)
Is Braff really that more "out there" than Keaton?

Yes, he is.

Sindatur July 24 2013 02:37 AM

I like the Armie Hammer suggestion I've seen, but, how many years do they want the role to last, and how old do they want Batman/Bruce to be when it's done? He's almost 27 now, probably be 28 by the time they do this movie, might they want him the role 10+ years and might they want someone that old by then (NOTE: I have no problem with a 40 year old Batman when he leaves the role, but, would the movie makers want to do the stories that entails?). Or would they rather start at 25? Cavill's actually close to 3 years older than Armie.