The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Allemaraine....Third Shap (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=220291)

Photon July 19 2013 01:58 PM

Allemaraine....Third Shap

:klingon::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:: confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:: confused::confused::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

This is the episode that stopped me from watching DS9 in 1993. I was already a little dissappointed up until then, but after sweating through.... "Thialo... aga... aga... allamaraine...
nolo... Ferengi nolo... thialo..."

JirinPanthosa July 19 2013 02:36 PM

Re: Allemaraine....Third Shap

I think that episode is seriously over-hated. It could have been a great episode if they'd just thought of better obstacles than they did.

Come on, trapped in a board game? That's an awesome premise. Maybe a better premise for TNG or Voyager than DS9.

R. Star July 19 2013 02:46 PM

I always kinda liked the episode.

Tosk July 19 2013 02:51 PM

OP be damned, this is now the thread for people who kinda like Move Along Home. :)

Hi, I'm Tosk. And I liked Move Along Home.

dub July 19 2013 03:30 PM

It's a better episode than "Q-Less." :lol:

Crazyewok July 19 2013 03:36 PM

Its still better that 90% of the crap they spewed out in series 1 and 2 of TNG lol

Anyway If wishses were horses is a billion times worse.

Roboturner913 July 19 2013 03:53 PM

I wouldn't even say 'If Wishes Were Horses' is that bad. There is a certain bizarre did-David-Lynch-direct-this quality but it's not "bad".

Now 'The Passenger'.....that one was painful to watch.

Shatna July 19 2013 04:53 PM

What is generally considered to be the "Masks" or "Spock's Brain" of DS9? This one? Let He Who Is Without Sin? Profit and Lace?

Pavonis July 19 2013 04:56 PM

"Let He Who Is Without Sin" at least has the merit of being set on Risa, with all the hints of hedonism and titillation that implies. I watch it with the sound off and the occasional fast-forward.

I didn't think "Move Along Home" was bad. It had some good Quark moments, and developed his character nicely. The bizarre nature of the episode highlights the alien-ness of the Wadi. Too few aliens in Trek are made truly weird.

Roboturner913 July 19 2013 05:00 PM

Probably 'The Muse' but I wouldn't discount 'Second Sight' either.

Photon July 19 2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 8400742)
OP be damned, this is now the thread for people who kinda like Move Along Home. :)

Hi, I'm Tosk. And I liked Move Along Home.

Captive Pursuit was/is a bright spot in a hapless first season.

"Piece....of....cake.....O....Brien...."

Loved Tosk

dub July 19 2013 05:25 PM

Photon, did you end up watching the rest of the series? I know you said you stopped in 1993, but did you pick it back up later? Just curious.

Shatna July 19 2013 08:31 PM

Since we're sharing, I stopped watching after "The Circle" and with the exception of happening to catch (and enjoy) the Gabriel Bell arc, I didn't touch DS9 again until Worf's arrival. I know, I got sucked in.

JirinPanthosa July 20 2013 03:15 AM

I like If Wishes Were Horses too.

I thought Profit and Lace was considered DS9's worst episode. And The Muse is terrible too.

Queen Arachnia July 20 2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8400715)
I always kinda liked the episode.

Me too. I don't get the hate for Move Along Home.