The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   American Dad is Moving to TBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=220000)

Dream July 16 2013 11:51 PM

American Dad is Moving to TBS

Quote:

TBS has picked up FOX and Seth MacFarlane's animated hit American Dad as an original series, starting with the show's eleventh season. 15 new episodes will begin airing on TBS in late 2014, following American Dad's tenth season on FOX this fall.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...-moving-to-tbs

Interesting. I wonder if it has more to do with FOX no longer having anymore run on their animation lineup or if TBS simply offered to pay more money for the show.

Venardhi July 17 2013 12:11 AM

Re: American Dad is Moving to TBS

Between Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, the forthcoming MacFarlane-helmed Flintstones, at least one other show from him, plus a hand-full of other animated shows that I can't recall at the moment, Fox probably just doesn't see the need for it in their lineup. Given their past history with animation though. . . they may come to regret that decision.

BillJ July 17 2013 12:30 AM

American Dad is currently the best Fox animated show.

Dream July 17 2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8389450)

You are going to have to change that to WAS the best show after it moves.;)

JirinPanthosa July 17 2013 12:45 AM

There hasn't been a McFarlane show that wasn't completely terrible since the original run of Family Guy.

Mr Light July 17 2013 01:03 AM

Wow that's surprising. Better it air on TBS than get stuck into the 7:30pm death slot when no-one is even aware it's even there.

Mr. Adventure July 17 2013 02:28 AM

I like a lot of Turner stations but TBS is not one of them. I can only imagine it getting neutered and hacked with giant ad overlays.

Lindemann's Catch July 17 2013 02:31 AM

Would be better if they had moved it to Adult Swim. Not just the re-runs.

JirinPanthosa July 17 2013 03:24 AM

Would be better if they ground up all the writers into a fine paste and feed it to the seals who write Family Guy.

Then feed Roger to the giant alien from Super 8 so they lose the most annoying character in TV history who is also laziest 'Do whatever we want and don't worry about characterization or actually working for story resolution' plot device in TV history.

Then take all the characters from all Seth McFarlane stories and have them play parts in an apocalypse film so the McFarlane-verse is blown to oblivion and Fox is forced to hire writers who think there is more to storytelling than having all characters be dicks to each other while acting out direct parodies of famous movies and other pop-culture references.

cardinal biggles July 17 2013 04:35 AM

Please, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think. ;)

TemporalFlux July 17 2013 05:14 AM

I thought the MacFarlane Flintstones wasn't happening now?

bigdaddy July 17 2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 8389450)

Not saying a lot, but I like how it's crazy and has a plot.

Quote:

Venardhi wrote: (Post 8389354)
Between Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, the forthcoming MacFarlane-helmed Flintstones, at least one other show from him, plus a hand-full of other animated shows that I can't recall at the moment, Fox probably just doesn't see the need for it in their lineup. Given their past history with animation though. . . they may come to regret that decision.

Fox might still have rights to show it. They had first air rights to Futurama even when Comedy Central made their deal.

The Wormhole July 17 2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

TemporalFlux wrote: (Post 8390716)
I thought the MacFarlane Flintstones wasn't happening now?

It's been delayed from its original fall 2013 premiere date, but so far it's still supposed to be a go. Though they haven't announced another date yet.

Starbreaker July 18 2013 07:56 PM

Wouldn't be shocked to see Family Guy go somewhere else in a couple of years. FOX seems to be doing some rebranding.

bigdaddy July 18 2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Starbreaker wrote: (Post 8397253)
Wouldn't be shocked to see Family Guy go somewhere else in a couple of years. FOX seems to be doing some rebranding.

I feel MacFarlane is getting sick of Family Guy and wants to end it soonish and then do movies.