The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Justice League: War (animated movie) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=219946)

Out Of My Vulcan Mind July 16 2013 05:59 PM

Justice League: War (animated movie)

Some details have been revealed about Justice League: War, the DCU animated movie that will be released in late 2013 or early 2014 (an exact release date hasn't been announced yet). The director is Jay Oliva and the screenwriter is Heath Corson. The movie is an adaptation of Geoff Johns' "Justice League: Origin" story arc that kicked off the New 52 Justice League. The main voice cast is as follows:

Batman - Jason O'Mara
Superman - Alan Tudyk
Wonder Woman - Michelle Monaghan
Green Lantern - Justin Kirk
The Flash - Christopher Gorham
Cyborg - Shemar Moore

sojourner July 16 2013 06:35 PM

Re: Justice League: War (animated movie)

Alan Tudyk?? Wonder if he'll get to say "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar"?

ToddKent July 16 2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: (Post 8387440)
The movie is an adaptation of Geoff Johns' "Justice League: Origin" story arc that kicked off the New 52 Justice League.

That was two issues of story spread out over six issues.

Admiral_Young July 16 2013 07:29 PM

So it looks like Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox naturally is going to be the kick off to doing New 52 adaptions after all as originally thought. I'm sure we'll get more information later this weekend.

Here's a link containing the tweet that first leaked the casting.

http://www.newsarama.com/18378-justi...n-in-2014.html

Mr Light July 16 2013 10:54 PM

I'd rather be seeing pre-52 adaptations, but obviously that's not corporate synergy :p

Christopher July 16 2013 11:31 PM

In the past, they've adapted a mix of recent things like the Superman/Batman comics and more classic things like Superman: Doomsday and Batman: Year One. Hopefully there will still be some older projects getting adaptations from here on in.

You know, what I'd really like to see from the DC Universe DVD line is a movie or two (or more) wrapping up Young Justice -- distilling the high points of what would've been season 3 and giving the series some closure. And maybe a Batman: The Brave and the Bold movie. B:TAS and The Batman both got movies, so why not TB&TB?

But they seem to be committed to new continuities rather than revisiting old ones -- since they rewrote Crisis on Two Earths to be a new continuity rather than the DCAU movie it was written to be.

Dream July 16 2013 11:58 PM

Anyone else think it's starting to become so BIZARRE how many DC animated movies keep getting released, while Warners sits on their asses and does nothing but live action Superman and Batman movies?! :p

davejames July 17 2013 12:05 AM

Be interesting to finally see the New 52 costumes in a movie, assuming they use them.

Hound of UIster July 17 2013 12:22 AM

No Aquaman? That is bad.

Dream July 17 2013 12:25 AM

Doesn't anyone realize this is just a lame advertisement for the New 52 Comics?;)

Admiral_Young July 17 2013 12:26 AM

I'm guessing they are waiting to reveal the voice actors for both Bruce and Arthur.

sojourner July 17 2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 8389435)
I'm guessing they are waiting to reveal the voice actors for both Bruce and Arthur.

Are you saying Bruce won't be voiced by Jason O'Mara?

AviTrek July 17 2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 8389324)
Anyone else think it's starting to become so BIZARRE how many DC animated movies keep getting released, while Warners sits on their asses and does nothing but live action Superman and Batman movies?! :p

Not really. Most of the animated movies are superman, batman, or justice league staring superman and batman. So just as heavy on the big two as live action.

Admiral_Young July 17 2013 12:57 AM

Oop. I didn't see Batman at the top there.

Hound of UIster July 17 2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 8389435)

That is possible. I don't think Darkseid has been revealed yet either.