The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Fall: The Crimson Shadow cover revealed (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=219940)

Defcon July 16 2013 04:47 PM

The Fall: The Crimson Shadow cover revealed

Found this on thetrekcollective.com:

StarTrek.com has posted the cover and a new blurb/synopsis for The Crimson Shadow:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...ps29ebb139.jpg

Quote:

Cardassia Prime is home to a prideful people who, for centuries, forged alliances with those they believed would strengthen them and their place in the Alpha Quadrant, and expanded their empire at great cost to other worlds. For generations, dissenting voices were silenced either by fear or an early grave. When their wartime ally, the Dominion, suddenly turned on them, seeking to transform Cardassia into a tomb for every last member of their race, their old adversary—the United Federation of Planets—put an end to the carnage, and even now works to help rebuild Cardassia Prime.
To celebrate this alliance, the Castellan of the Cardassian Union is to welcome the Federation president to Cardassia Prime. As a symbol of this deepening friendship, the U.S.S. Enterprise-E is tasked to carry the Cardassian ambassador to the Federation back home. For his part, Ambassador Elim Garak is working with Captain Jean-Luc Picard to oversee the diplomatic reception that will commemorate the last of Starfleet’s personnel finally leaving the homeworld. However, there are malevolent forces at work, who even now strive to “restore Cardassia to its proper place and glory,” and are willing to do anything to achieve their goal...

Relayer1 July 16 2013 04:52 PM

Re: The Fall: The Crimson Shadow cover revealed

Can't wait - Una, Cardassia, Garak, TNG - what's not to love ?

Julio Angel Ortiz July 16 2013 05:28 PM

Took, what? An entire 15 minutes to put that cover together?

It's a nice shot of the ship but just feels too basic, IMHO.

F. King Daniel July 16 2013 05:30 PM

Suffering some serious Bacco overload here.

Christopher July 16 2013 05:33 PM

With a title like The Crimson Shadow, I'm expecting this to be a pulpy origin story for a Cardassian costumed crimefighter... ;)

ryan123450 July 16 2013 05:50 PM

I sense that the end of the Bacco Administration is near...

zarkon July 16 2013 06:09 PM

Heh, the title instantly made me thing pulp too.

Synopsis sounds pretty good.

Reanok July 16 2013 06:30 PM

I'm definitely can't wait to get The Crimson shadow. David R.George got to read Una's book and said it was really good that fans of Ds9 will really like this book and Garak's story especially something to look forward to finding out how the Cardassians are plotting and conniving for return of the old political regime.

Mage July 16 2013 07:18 PM

Sounds like it's gonna be great!!!

Covers sucks a$$ though.

USS Firefly July 16 2013 08:08 PM

The cover is very simple but i don't mind it as long the book is good.
I hope that Garak has a big role, maybe with a guest appearance of Bashir?
Even if its just halve a page.
I can't wait for it, I only hope that i'm finishing the Vanguard series in time.

BillJ July 16 2013 09:45 PM

What a generic cover.

Still going to pick up the e-book though.

C.E. Evans July 16 2013 10:14 PM

I like the cover. It's a beautiful shot of a descending Enterprise against a flame-filled starfield.

JD July 17 2013 12:35 AM

The synopsis sounds great, but the cover is kind of mediocre. I wonder if the group plotting against the Federation/Cardassian alliance is the True Way?

Frontier July 17 2013 12:58 AM

Book looks good, cover looks bland and generic and able to be inter-changed with 20 others. :S

Kirks_Flying_Wig July 17 2013 08:36 AM

Very dull, bland cover, especially coming after the cover for Revelation and Dust. Not what I'd expect for a novel with such a great premise from a well established and popular author.