The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (
-   Enterprise (
-   -   Similitude... (

Silvio Dante July 11 2013 08:55 PM

Without revealing any obvious spoilers I've just watched Similtude from Season 3 and cried my eyes out from nearly start to finish. A truly powerful piece of television.

Borgminister July 12 2013 01:32 AM

Re: Similtude...
'Twas one of the best episodes, yes...

JirinPanthosa July 12 2013 01:41 AM

A couple months ago I decided to watch seasons 3 and 4 which I never watched during the original run.

Similitude is, IMO, the first great ENT episode. It's the one that convinced me to definitely finish out the series.

JiNX-01 July 12 2013 08:23 PM

It's my favorite episode of Enterprise.

Melakon July 12 2013 09:11 PM

A good script, and great work from Connor Trinneer.

Reanok July 13 2013 04:29 PM

:techman:It's one of my all time favorite Enterprise episodes.

HopefulRomantic July 14 2013 09:11 AM

Amazing performances, not just by Trinneer, but all the actors, especially John Billingsley and Scott Bakula. Top-notch writing and directing, and an Emmy-winning score by Velton Ray Bunch. Classic Trek in the best sense of the word. I love this episode.

Mario de Monti July 15 2013 11:00 AM

Re: Similitude...
Oh yes, an absolutely great episode from start to finish. Not only do you have the crew´s moral dilemma between the rights/life of an individual and the success of their mission (which is saving earth, no less) but you can actually see that on the actor´s faces! You see their frustration and anguish, see how they are torn and wish for an alternative ... it´s totally believable. Stellar performances and extremely well written :techman:

No comparison to TNG´s "Ethics", where I always feel like banging Dr. Crusher´s head against the nearest bulkhead :klingon:

Mach5 July 15 2013 11:29 PM

I support this thread. :techman:

Superb performances by Scott Bakula, Jolene Blalock and John Billingsley. As for Connor Trinneer, he was in a league of his own here.

Silvio Dante July 16 2013 03:43 PM

I'm glad so many of you agree with me. I sometimes felp the Trip character was a bit predictable, but the writing and Connor's performance as Sim, particularly, blew me away...:)

Mutai Sho-Rin July 16 2013 11:03 PM

IMO, one of the best episodes of any Trek iteration. Of course, I put Dear Doctor in that league and could be burned at the stake for that opinion.

JiNX-01 July 28 2013 04:18 AM

I love this episode. Great script (of which I have a copy). Beautifully performed.

My favorite scene:

King Daniel Beyond July 28 2013 12:12 PM

I think they had one too many young Trips, and the ball of clone stuff was very obviously a ball of wet wool, but otherwise this episode was excellent.

BillJ July 29 2013 03:43 AM

Never much cared for it. I would rather watch Impulse or North Star from season three.

LOKAI of CHERON July 30 2013 05:51 PM

"Similitude" resides in the "Massively Overrated Episodes Club" along with the likes of "The Trouble With Tribbles", "Darmok" and "The Inner Light" for me.