The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Justice League FLashpoint at comicon (+video clip) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=218851)

RAMA July 6 2013 05:04 PM

Justice League FLashpoint at comicon (+video clip)

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/05/ju...eleased-video/

This comes out late July but will be shown at Comicon first.

This is the best animation I've seen yet from a Justice League movie.

Christopher July 6 2013 06:09 PM

Re: Justice League FLashpoint at comicon (+video clip)

Not too impressed by the voice work, especially Cyborg. I liked Michael B. Jordan in Chronicle, but his voice isn't interesting or strong enough by itself to be good for animation.

shivkala July 6 2013 06:40 PM

^
It's a weird mix of monotone and emotive. There's a hint of emotion, enough to save it from being too monotone, but it's not that expressive either. If it's a conscious choice, it might be a sign that this Cyborg is fighting the robotic parts. However, based on non evidence from the source material and a feeling that it's more of a poor job doing the voice than a creative choice, I just think it's a poor choice for Cyborg.

Batman sounds too...Batman-like. Not a horrible thing, but

Dick Whitman July 6 2013 07:51 PM

The problem with these movies having so many different actors play the "real characters", its hard for these alternate ones to seem different.

Admiral_Young July 6 2013 07:58 PM

This is gonna be better than the comic. Kevin McKidd is Thomas Wayne/Batman in this as mentioned above. Don't mind Cyborg.

JD July 6 2013 11:40 PM

I liked the animation, and I didn't think the voice work was that bad. I kind of wish they had tones down the Batman voice, but if I could put up with Bale's Bat-growl (that was my one and only issue with the Nolan movies), then shouldn't bother me too much.

Guy Gardener July 6 2013 11:46 PM

Let's be clear.

This is a holocaust movie.

This is the mechanism with which DC murdered a lot of fictional characters I care about.

Good?

Now, on with the show.

sojourner July 7 2013 04:22 AM

Looks like the same art style from Young Justice. I like it.

Christopher July 7 2013 04:33 AM

^Good catch. Phil Bourassa, the lead character designer for YJ, also did the character designs for this movie. He also did the previous two Justice League DVD movies, Crisis on Two Earths and Doom.

Admiral_Young July 7 2013 06:18 PM

Seems they're keen on the style. Not really anything distinctive about Andy Kubert's art for "Flashpoint" that they need to adapt other than of course the alternate reality character designs. I'm actually very hopeful for this, and as mentioned previously and in the other thread we had...this actually seems like it will be better than the actual event it's based on.

JD July 8 2013 05:02 AM

I like that design style, so I don't mind if they stick with it.

Guy Gardener July 16 2013 10:11 AM

(I'm watching it right now.)

The serenity prayer?

The AA Anthem?

Yes, yes, a sickness, diagnosed mental disorder... She's a drunky.

But Barry's mum successfully passed the serenity prayer off as sage home spun wisdom.

Fricking hilarious.

oh.

Keep watching the end credits, there's a cookie after they finish rolling.

PS.

Counting Robot Chicken, this is the FOURTH time Nathan Fillion has played Hal Jordan.

SG-17 July 20 2013 08:48 PM

Sam Daly sounds just like his father. I didn't realize that Superman wasn't voiced by Tim Daly until I looked up the movie on Wikipedia.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind July 25 2013 10:44 PM

Comic Book Resources has a write-up of what some of the filmmakers and cast had to say about The Flashpoint Paradox at Comic-Con. Some of them spoke about how a lot of the movies going forward are going to be more connected in a new continuity than the previous DC animated movies. You can read the story here.

Guy Gardener July 25 2013 10:59 PM

From NOW... The Barry Allen at the end of the story is a different human being living in a subtly different Earth from the Barry Allen at the... Well, before the beginning of the movie.

So all the new movies are going to be post new 52?

I'm don't trust that what they say is true is at all close to what will become the truth.