The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Was there ever a Talaxian (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=218524)

Lt. Cheka Wey July 3 2013 04:27 AM

Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Who was a bad mother.... in the books or comics and they are portrayed as wimps in the comics and books too?

Therin of Andor July 3 2013 05:31 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Lt. Cheka Wey wrote: (Post 8329207)
Who was a bad mother.... in the books or comics and they are portrayed as wimps in the comics and books too?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Talaxian

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Talaxian

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Talaxians

Lt. Cheka Wey July 3 2013 05:45 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Beta is fairly incomplete.

Therin of Andor July 3 2013 09:12 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Lt. Cheka Wey wrote: (Post 8329450)
Beta is fairly incomplete.

So add to it. ;) It's a public-access wiki!

Lt. Cheka Wey July 3 2013 09:33 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
I cannot read all the books to find what i am looking for.

Therin of Andor July 3 2013 09:39 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Lt. Cheka Wey wrote: (Post 8329813)
I cannot read all the books to find what i am looking for.

How do you know there are Talaxians missing from the list? I'm fairly sure there haven't been very many Talaxian appearances in the novels and comics. They were already scattered, due to the canonical incident that destroyed Neelix's family.

Markonian July 3 2013 02:42 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Dexa features as a mother. She appears in VOY Homestead, Unworthy and Children of the Storm, if I'm not mistaken.

bbjeg July 3 2013 06:07 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Lt. Cheka Wey wrote: (Post 8329207)
Was there ever a Talaxian who was a bad mother....

Quote:

Markonian wrote: (Post 8330506)
Dexa features as a mother. She appears in VOY Homestead, Unworthy and Children of the Storm, if I'm not mistaken.

I take it you're not much of an Isaac Hayes fan.

tomswift2002 July 4 2013 01:34 AM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Markonian wrote: (Post 8330506)
Dexa features as a mother. She appears in VOY Homestead, Unworthy and Children of the Storm, if I'm not mistaken.


She also appeared in the episode where Neelix leaves the ship.

But, as I recall, Talax was destroyed, hence they are like the Vulcans in the 2009 movie.

Kertrats47 July 4 2013 04:17 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

tomswift2002 wrote: (Post 8333176)
Quote:

Markonian wrote: (Post 8330506)
Dexa features as a mother. She appears in VOY Homestead, Unworthy and Children of the Storm, if I'm not mistaken.


She also appeared in the episode where Neelix leaves the ship.

But, as I recall, Talax was destroyed, hence they are like the Vulcans in the 2009 movie.

That would be Voyager's "Homestead," already mentioned by tomswift2002.

And I'm fairly certain Talax wasn't destroyed. The population of Rinax, one of the moons, was completely wiped out by the metreon cascade, after which Talax surrendered to the Haakonians. But I'm pretty sure the homeworld was never destroyed, or I think Neelix would have mentioned it.

Paris July 4 2013 04:30 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Kertrats47 wrote: (Post 8335237)
...And I'm fairly certain Talax wasn't destroyed. The population of Rinax, one of the moons, was completely wiped out by the metreon cascade, after which Talax surrendered to the Haakonians. But I'm pretty sure the homeworld was never destroyed, or I think Neelix would have mentioned it.

Did they ever talk about about why Neelix never went back? Do the Haakonians still control the planet?

Kertrats47 July 4 2013 04:34 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Paris wrote: (Post 8335258)

Did they ever talk about about why Neelix never went back? Do the Haakonians still control the planet?

According to Memory Alpha, Talax remained under the control of the Haakonian Order "well into the 2370s," citing "Homestead" as the source for that piece of information. So that seems to have been the status quo at the time Neelix left the region aboard Voyager.

Paris July 4 2013 04:44 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

Kertrats47 wrote: (Post 8335270)
Quote:

Paris wrote: (Post 8335258)

Did they ever talk about about why Neelix never went back? Do the Haakonians still control the planet?

According to Memory Alpha, Talax remained under the control of the Haakonian Order "well into the 2370s," citing "Homestead" as the source for that piece of information. So that seems to have been the status quo at the time Neelix left the region aboard Voyager.

Ok. thanks :techman:

CNash July 4 2013 10:27 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
I wonder if one of Ms. Beyer's future Voyager novels will take the fleet into Talaxian space? I'd love to see it depicted at last; I was always sad that Voyager didn't visit the planet during the run of the series, as it would've helped Neelix's character development, but the assumption seems to have been that Talaxian space was "behind them" on their journey. Though, Tom Paris did manage to rustle up a Talaxian fleet to help him in "Basics, Part 2", so they can't have been that far away.

Kertrats47 July 4 2013 10:41 PM

Re: Was there ever a Talaxian
 
Quote:

CNash wrote: (Post 8336593)
I wonder if one of Ms. Beyer's future Voyager novels will take the fleet into Talaxian space? I'd love to see it depicted at last; I was always sad that Voyager didn't visit the planet during the run of the series, as it would've helped Neelix's character development, but the assumption seems to have been that Talaxian space was "behind them" on their journey. Though, Tom Paris did manage to rustle up a Talaxian fleet to help him in "Basics, Part 2", so they can't have been that far away.

They visited the Talaxian system and aided Dr. Jetrel in his attempts to recover the Talaxians lost in the metron cascade attack on Rinax in the first season episode "Jetrel."


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.