The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Your most anticipated upcoming game (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=218242)

Chrono85 June 30 2013 03:36 PM

Your most anticipated upcoming game

Which upcoming game(s) are you most looking forward to, and why?. For me, it is definitely SpaceVenture, because I love those old Sierra adventure games, and especially the Space Quest series :). It's by the same two guys that made that series, but it's a brand new IP. Second would be Wasteland 2, which happens to be the only other kickstarter after SpaceVenture that I contributed to. I just like old-school, tactical RPGs, and the post-apocalyptic setting is always fun :).

AlphaMan July 1 2013 04:32 AM

Re: Your most anticipated upcoming game

GTA V
Batman: Arkham Origins
Killzone Shadow Fall
inFAMOUS: Second Son
Quantum Break
Titanfall

JirinPanthosa July 1 2013 05:29 AM

Shin Megami Tensei IV, by far.

I was disappointed when I found out it was on a handheld, but that series is responsible for over half my favorite games in the last ten years. Nocturne is in my top three all time, and this is the first numbered entry in the series since Nocturne.

6079SmithW July 1 2013 06:43 AM

Assassin's Creed 4 is my most anticipated followed by CoD: Ghosts and BF4 tied for second.

Obiwansolo18 July 3 2013 12:56 AM

Ncaa 14, battlefront, and pokemon x/y

Steven July 3 2013 03:56 PM

Civ V: Brave New World for me, though it's just DLC. The new gameplay concepts are interesting and I can't wait to try them out. But that's out next week, so for the longer term, it will be Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That is the game that convinced me to finally get a 3DS when it comes out. A Link to the Past was the first Zelda game I played (it came with my SNES) and introduced me to the series. A direct sequel to that game should be pretty good.

RoJoHen July 3 2013 04:21 PM

Gotta be Arkham Origins.

John Clark July 3 2013 04:51 PM

Probably Dragon Age 3 for me. I know 2 had it's problems but I've enjoyed most of the Bioware games I've played so far and expect the same here.

137th Gebirg July 3 2013 07:53 PM

^^^ Yup - looking forward to DA3 as well. Also, Fable IV and Saints Row IV (just for the guilty pleasure of it).

I'm kind of bummed that the next Elder Scrolls game will be online - I'm more into single player stuff, myself - although I'm curious if there will be a single player mode even though it is considered an "online" game. The world and NPC's are still there, just nobody else. Anyone know?

Edit: According to Destructoid the main story will be single player, but it looks like you still may have to pay the subscription fee, as if it was being used in its MMO form. This will suck mightily, if true. More research required...

FPAlpha July 3 2013 10:21 PM

I am most curious about Destiny.

Bungie created an awesome universe with Halo full of cool stuff and i'd like to see if they can repeat it and make the world of Destiny as cool (the visual art and video footage i've seen give off a very positive vibe).

Jax July 4 2013 01:00 AM

GTA V is top of the pile though other honourable mentions for 2013...

Batman: Arkham Origins
Beyond: Two Souls
Fable Anniversary
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Watch Dogs

2014 is easy...

DESTINY

Owain Taggart July 4 2013 03:41 AM

Oh yes, Watch Dogs. Thank you for reminding me, Jax :)

And RDR 2. Well, one can only hope ;)

Also looking forward to:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
GTA V
The Order 1886.
And any future Naughty Dog games.

Jono July 4 2013 10:00 AM

Dragon Age 3 - looking forward to finishing the series
Planetary Annihilation - Big TA fan and I enjoyed the first Supreme Commander.
Battlefield 4 - Got a massive amount of usage out of BF3.
Witcher 3 - Still haven't finished number 2, but am excited about an open world third.
Star Citizen - Most, most anticipated. Put some money behind it and while it is looking like another 18 months until the release comes out there are some exciting modules coming out before the Alpha that will give a good taste of the game.

zarkon July 4 2013 10:53 AM

Undoubtedly Zelda : A Link Between Worlds. It's a pseudo-sequel to A Link to the Past on the SNES, which is one of the greatest games ever made.

I am not Spock July 4 2013 11:10 PM

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Not sure if I'm getting it for my PS3, or saving up and getting a PS4.