The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tuvok is an Idiot (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=218200)

Defiant Obrien June 29 2013 09:24 PM

Tuvok is an Idiot

I am watching Star Trek Voyager Season 4: Episode 2 after taking a brief siesta from Voyager

(They have just brought on board 7 of 9 and unplugged her from the collective)

Kes is going through some sort of transformation

In this epsiode, Tuvok is trying to help her control some new aspects of her mental abilities with more vulcan voodoo magic. The result is to have a powerful, undisciplined telekinetic PLAY WITH FIRE

I dont care what anybody says, Spock would never do something this idiotic...

This is just one example of Tuvok using logic to do something stupid. He has a very... "cant see the forest for the trees" mentality...

R. Star June 29 2013 09:26 PM

Re: Tuvok is an Idiot

And you're an expert on telepathy? Did that give you your keen insights on all Asians?

Defiant Obrien June 29 2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8316250)
And you're an expert on telepathy? Did that give you your keen insights on all Asians?

I am speaking about the character of tuvok. And I inferred an offhand observable trait of mainstream asian culture is all

The point is, this Tuvok is a poorly written vulcan character.

iguana_tonante June 29 2013 10:22 PM

I think the point is, you have a problem with Asian people.

Sran June 29 2013 10:32 PM

As Spock never had the chance to meet Kes, it's hard to know what he'd have done in the same situation. In any event, I hardly think it was necessary to take a shot at Asian people just to make a point.

--Sran

marksound June 29 2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Defiant Obrien wrote: (Post 8316241)
I am watching Star Trek Voyager Season 4: Episode 2 after taking a brief siesta from Voyager

In this epsiode, Tuvok is trying to help her control some new aspects of her mental abilities with more vulcan black magic. The result is to have a powerful, undisciplined telekinetic PLAY WITH FIRE

This is just one example of Tuvok using logic to do something stupid. He has a very... asian "cant see the forest for the trees" mentality...(anyone who has lived in an asian community long term knows what im talking about)

I'm not a big Voyager fan, but I remember that Tuvok was trying to help Kes control what was happening to her. That's not stupid, that's smart. And compassionate.

Oh, and here's something that might be helpful in the future: infer vs. imply

JanewayRulz! June 29 2013 11:33 PM

Tuvok had a long history of helping Kes train her mind. All he was doing was trying to splint her mental capabilities enough to hold herself together enroute to the shuttle bay.

Defiant Obrien June 30 2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

iguana_tonante wrote: (Post 8316397)

Nah dice my friend.. Just because i chose not to be around a certain type of community doesnt mean there is something wrong with it.

Case in point, my asian friends that dont live in pre-dominantly asian communities are normal. Im arabic myself but i dont hang out with mainstream arabs because of similar societal issues..

I cant believe i let you idiots drag me into this race card nonsense.. lets go back to ragging on tuvok

Defiant Obrien June 30 2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Carcazoid wrote: (Post 8316496)
Quote:

Defiant Obrien wrote: (Post 8316241)

In this epsiode, Tuvok is trying to help her control some new aspects of her mental abilities with more vulcan black magic. The result is to have a powerful, undisciplined telekinetic PLAY WITH FIRE

This is just one example of Tuvok using logic to do something stupid. He has a very... asian "cant see the forest for the trees" mentality...(anyone who has lived in an asian community long term knows what im talking about)

I'm not a big Voyager fan, but I remember that Tuvok was trying to help Kes control what was happening to her. That's not stupid, that's smart. And compassionate.

Oh, and here's something that might be helpful in the future: infer vs. imply

Its not that he was helping her train her mind. its that he is dumb enough to need fire to do it. There was a season 2 episode where she nearly boiled his blood from some "accident" .. did this guy forget that? I remember it..

Hell if it happened to me the last thing i would want is to be anywhere near fire with a telepath that could turn me into a crispy critter because she cut a fart... LOGIC DICTATES..

geez

marksound June 30 2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Defiant Obrien wrote: (Post 8317069)
Quote:

iguana_tonante wrote: (Post 8316397)

Nah dice my friend.. Just because i chose not to be around a certain type of community doesnt mean there is something wrong with it.

Case in point, my asian friends that dont live in pre-dominantly asian communities are normal. Im arabic myself but i dont hang out with mainstream arabs because of similar societal issues..

I cant believe i let you idiots drag me into this race card nonsense.. lets go back to ragging on tuvok

Yeah, no. You dragged yourself into it in your first post. :rolleyes:

Defiant Obrien June 30 2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Sran wrote: (Post 8316445)
As Spock never had the chance to meet Kes, it's hard to know what he'd have done in the same situation. In any event, I hardly think it was necessary to take a shot at Asian people just to make a point.

--Sran

I wasnt "taking a shot" ... The analogy i stated is a FACT about mainstream asian mentality. Its the kind of thing you recognize only living around large populations of them. I meant no disrespect nor did i say anything about it being WRONG.. its an observation from an outsider

Do i really need to rattle off my own peoples flaws/observations to make this seem "fair"???? come on now people.. lets drop this..

iguana_tonante June 30 2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Just because i chose not to be around a certain type of community doesnt mean there is something wrong with it.

I don't think this needs commenting.

Quote:

Yeah, let's.

Quote:

Defiant Obrien wrote: (Post 8317078)
In this epsiode, Tuvok is trying (...) vulcan black magic.

Lulz.

Defiant Obrien June 30 2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

iguana_tonante wrote: (Post 8317117)

..corrections have been made.. please forgive.

Guy Gardener June 30 2013 02:36 AM

Spock melded with V'Ger, a super telepathic intelligence he could "feel" half a galaxy away which sent him for loops claiming that Logic can suck it.

Hmmm?

What's Old Spock going to do when he "feels" V'Ger entering the Milky Way, and is nuSpock going to be just as excited?

That is if Nero killing V'Ger in comic books hasn't been discounted?

marksound June 30 2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 8317213)
Spock melded with V'Ger, a super telepathic intelligence he could "feel" half a galaxy away which sent for loops claiming that Logic can suck it.

Hmmm?

What's Old Spock going to do when he "feels" V'Ger entering the Milky Way, and is nuSpock going to be just as excited?

That is if Nero killing V'Ger in comic books hasn't been discounted?

Maybe 2-Spock will send Tuvok to take care of it. ;)