The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Enterprise theme song switch (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=217363)

BlackFire3 June 20 2013 10:14 PM

Enterprise theme song switch

Everyone has an opinion on this series wether it's the ship design, plot points, or the fact they named the ship "Enterprise".

I was wondering if anyone else would think if the series intro and outro would've been better if they swapped the songs. So instead having the instrumental music playing during the intro and having the vocals playing on the end credits.

Thoughts?

R. Star June 20 2013 10:32 PM

Re: Enterprise theme song switch

Quote:

BlackFire3 wrote: (Post 8276605)
Everyone has an opinion on this series wether it's the ship design, plot points, or the fact they named the ship "Enterprise".

I was wondering if anyone else would think if the series intro and outro would've been better if they swapped the songs. So instead having the instrumental music playing during the intro and having the vocals playing on the end credits.

Thoughts?

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I never minded the Faith of the Heart theme. It seemed to capture the essence of man making that first plunge into deep space exploration well enough. Regardless if you like it or not, who cares? Can anyone honestly say they do or don't watch a show because of the theme song during the credits? There's plenty to be critical of regarding this show than the theme that no one watched beyond the first few times anyways.

MacLeod June 20 2013 10:41 PM

I also didn't mind the theme song, I don't watch or not watch shows because of a theme song/tune. The only wrong step I would say they made was changing it for S3-4.

teacock June 21 2013 12:18 AM

I love the song. So there.

Sran June 21 2013 12:34 AM

I don't like "Faith of the Heart" much, but the end-credits theme is fine. It fits the show and the characters.

--Sran

marksound June 21 2013 12:45 AM

The song is fine, but I don't think it fits what was supposed to be an epic space adventure show.

I think it might have been cool to adapt the TAS theme. ;)

Boo! Did I Scare Ya? June 21 2013 01:42 PM

Not a fan of "Faith of the Heart", I would have preferred an instrumental for the opening credits. If it were to be the end credit music, though, it would need to be punched up a bit.

Bad Thoughts June 21 2013 04:57 PM

I hated the song. It was too much like "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century."

MacLeod June 21 2013 05:15 PM

Of course far worse than the song was the virtual lack of anything but American achievements, but that has been discussed before.

TheSubCommander June 22 2013 04:09 AM

I never really felt strongly either way about the theme song. Besides when I rewatch episodes on DVD now, I fast forward over the intro. OK it was the square peg as far as theme songs go, but it wasn't a horrible song. If they took the same melody and made it an instrumental, I bet no one would have minded.

Mutai Sho-Rin June 22 2013 05:13 PM

I liked the theme straight out of the box and still play it to this day. I played it at the party for our 25th anniversary (11 years ago) because it fit the occasion so well.

Gov Karnstein June 23 2013 03:56 AM

I loved the theme, I do prefer the slower first one to the more pop oriented second.

teacock June 23 2013 05:49 AM

What they should have switched is having the faster one for seasons 1 and 2 and the slower one for seasons 3 and 4.

In season 5 they dump it and have Russel Watson singing Beyond Antares to a rock beat.

Vulcan Logician June 23 2013 06:30 AM

The outro music had lyrics... sung by Mayweather.

REDrake June 23 2013 10:07 AM

I love that song.
A year ago I also had it as a theme at my wedding.

Try and top that!:techman: