The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Netflix BSG queries (Spoilers) (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=217249)

gblews June 19 2013 09:37 PM

Netflix BSG queries (Spoilers)

Just finished another re-watching of the entire series again on Netflix and was wondering if this version of the show is missing some scenes from the show's original airing?

The reason I ask is because I seem to recall that during the show's initial run, in Daybreak Part 2, there was a "redemption" scene for Boomer sometime right before (or after) Athena shoots her. The scene was very short and just showed her interviewing with Adama and Tigh, presumably, when she first came aboard the Galactica.

This scene is not in the Netflix version. Am I mis-remembering this scene? Did I dream this scene (I was a HUGE Boomer fan)?Was it not in Daybreak? Does anyone remember it and did it somehow not make it into the Netflix version?

Also, and this has nothing in particular to do with Netflix, but what happened to Chief Tyrol at the end of Daybreak. It seems the last we see of him is him sitting in the CIC on the floor looking dazed after killing Tori? I don't think we see him on New Earth.

Harvey June 19 2013 09:57 PM

Re: Netflix BSG queries (Spoilers)

I certainly recall that scene. Perhaps it is only part of the extended episode, which Netflix doesn't stream?

Although, to be honest, I remember watching the scene on television, too. Perhaps Netflix has an edited-for-syndication version?

ialfan June 19 2013 10:14 PM

As far as Tyrol goes there is a scene after that on Earth with Ellen Tigh and him talking about the future and his plans to go off on his own to a remote area of the planet having had enough of people. Maybe that also was cut in the Netflix version?

gblews June 19 2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

ialfan wrote: (Post 8271469)
As far as Tyrol goes there is a scene after that on Earth with Ellen Tigh and him talking about the future and his plans to go off on his own to a remote area of the planet having had enough of people. Maybe that also was cut in the Netflix version?

You know, now that you mention it, I remember this scene too. It definitely is not in the Netflix version. Makes me wonder what else is missing that just am not remembering.

Harvey - I think it is one or the other of what you mention.

137th Gebirg June 20 2013 01:17 AM

^^^ I definitely remember that scene. IIRC, the way the dialog was worded, I believe the implication there was that he moved to what would later become the British Isles. Although how he would have gotten across the Channel leaves much for debate. But then again, he was a engineer, so he probably built a raft or something.

Gep Malakai June 20 2013 06:05 AM

I recall both of those scenes as well, and what's more, I'm sure I saw them on NetFlix when I watched through the series last year. The Tyrol-on-Earth scene was there for sure once upon a time.

solariabsg25 June 23 2013 11:36 PM

Yes the Boomer flashback (where she promised Adama she owed him one for giving her another chance after another rough Raptor landing) is definitely missing. I seemed to notice a few bits missing during the aborted download before Tyrol snaps Tory's neck too, but until I get around to getting the blurays I can't be sure.

Gforce1971 June 26 2013 07:23 PM

I was so pissed the Boomer scene was missing on netflix! It wrapped up her tragic life nicely!
#gotta keep those ghost outta your cockpit!
Words to live (and die) by