The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   "Again with the Klingons" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=216745)

darkshadow0001 June 13 2013 09:02 PM

"Again with the Klingons"

Were any of you disappointed that Kirk did not reference to the Simpsons episode when they were watching "Star Trek XII"? What I mean is when Kirk found out they were going to be dealing with the Klingons and he mentioned "Again with the Klingons"... I actually was really curious to see if they would through that in there :) After all in Trek '09 we had Beastie Boys and Nokia references, why not The Simpsons?

Charles Phipps June 13 2013 09:03 PM

Re: "Again with the Klingons"

I find it amusing we've seen Kirk actually FIGHT Klingons very rarely. I'm up for 3 being the Klingon-Federation War.

This time with no pesky Organians.

And Bill Shatner deserves credit for his Gorn commercial.

F. King Daniel June 13 2013 09:08 PM

I was actually hoping for a Family Guy reference.

Jon1701 June 13 2013 09:10 PM

"So...very...tired" :D

Jack Frost June 13 2013 09:33 PM

May as well post it, in case anyone has not seen it. (only copy I could find)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI

Pavonis June 13 2013 10:17 PM

Thanks for the link The Keeper. I find it odd when people ask questions about an obscure pop culture reference without including a little refresher. That episode of The Simpsons was released over twenty years ago!

Ryan8bit June 13 2013 10:34 PM

I seldom watch the Simpsons, haven't seen an episode in ages. I still knew what he was talking about though. Didn't remember that it was actually 12 that it was referring to though. That's great.

darkshadow0001 June 14 2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Pavonis wrote: (Post 8243713)
Thanks for the link The Keeper. I find it odd when people ask questions about an obscure pop culture reference without including a little refresher. That episode of The Simpsons was released over twenty years ago!

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't think of it, I figured whoever would respond would know what I'm talking about. Yeah, I know it's that old but who would of thought there would be a Star Trek XII... :)

StarMan June 14 2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Pavonis wrote: (Post 8243713)

Holy bejezus... really? Man. This whole ageing thing is a sobering experience. That seems like just the other day...

GalaxyX June 14 2013 05:33 AM

I loved that little Simpsons clip!

"Capten! Ish nae good! I canna reach tha control panel!"

-Brett- June 14 2013 05:05 PM

Half the audience hadn't been born yet the last time the Klingons were the villains. They probably would have been dazed and confused by that line.

I was kind of hoping that Scotty would, for some reason, have trouble reaching a control panel.

Jack Frost June 14 2013 06:47 PM

20 years! *head explodes*

Funny thing is, the line "again with the Klingons" in the sarcastic tone presented is a sentiment I actually agree with to a smallish extent.

I understand the importance of using Klingons in an OS remake but I was really hoping they'd continue advancing a Romulans/Vulcans story here since they were such a hugh aspect of this timeline creation in the first place.[/whine]

SiddFinch1 June 28 2013 02:11 AM

20 years??? Yikes. I feel.old....haven't watched the simpsons in years

bountifulboxesjeg June 28 2013 04:14 AM

This thread should be called 'Who just found out they're old'. I remember the Simpsons episode, though it didn't feel like 20 years, way back when arcades and Blocbusters existed and 56k was all you needed. I guess the Simpsons reference would be lost to the younger demographic.

M'Sharak June 28 2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8309767)
I guess the Simpsons reference would be lost to the younger demographic.

It's kinda cute when you kids get all "back in the day" with stuff. :lol: