The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek - Original Series (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   TOS S4 - If You Could Add to a Previous Storyline (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=216466)

AtoZ June 11 2013 03:39 AM

TOS S4 - If You Could Add to a Previous Storyline

If we had been given a fourth season and you could submit a season opener, or a compelling script based on a storyline from the previous three seasons, which one would you work off of?

Right off the top of my head, I'd like a return to Delta Vega.....with the realization that Kirk's phaser rifle hadn't completely ended matters, and that there was unfinished business with implications that threaten the entire galaxy. Something along those lines.....

How about you?

Nerys Myk June 11 2013 03:50 AM

Re: TOS S4 - If You Could Add to a Previous Storyline

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

SchwEnt June 11 2013 04:42 AM

TAS is considered by many to be TOS S4.
As far as adding to previous storylines, TAS did quite a lot of re-visiting of earlier eps...

"Yesteryear" went back to The Guardian of Forever and back to Spock's parents on Vulcan.

"More Tribbles, More Troubles", pretty much a direct sequel.

"The Infinite Vulcan" features a cloned scientist from the Eugenics Wars.

"Once Upon a Planet" goes back to the Shore Leave planet.

"Mudd's Passion" is another Mudd adventure.

"The Time Trap" features the return of Kor.

"The Pirates of Orion", as seen in "Journey to Babel".

For only 22 eps, TAS has a whole lot of follow-ups to earlier TOS eps.

Mario de Monti June 11 2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

AtoZ wrote: (Post 8230462)
If we had been given a fourth season and you could submit a season opener, or a compelling script based on a storyline from the previous three seasons, which one would you work off of?

Right off the top of my head, I'd like a return to Delta Vega.....with the realization that Kirk's phaser rifle hadn't completely ended matters, and that there was unfinished business with implications that threaten the entire galaxy. Something along those lines.....

How about you?

Before I even finished reading this I immediately thought of Where no Man has gone before. Itīs a geat episode that would surely deserve a sequel.
And every time I watch it, Iīm convinced Gary Mitchell didnīt die there. I mean, he had regained his superhuman powers before that (very conveniently shaped) rock fell on him. And since he wasnīt even nicked by a blast from a phaser rifle at short range, why should that rock have killed him?

Ovation June 11 2013 01:29 PM

I would want an answer to the burning question that should consume the thoughts of all true TOS fans to this day.

What of Lazarus? :lol:

Actually I kind of like the one-off nature of most of the episodes, so I wouldn't want too many "sequels". Perhaps have Bailey rejoin the crew and see what his experience on the Fesarious was like.

EnsignHarper June 11 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Ovation wrote: (Post 8231797)
I would want an answer to the burning question that should consume the thoughts of all true TOS fans to this day.

What of Lazarus? :lol:

Actually I kind of like the one-off nature of most of the episodes, so I wouldn't want too many "sequels". Perhaps have Bailey rejoin the crew and see what his experience on the Fesarious was like.

Bailey became a Tranyaholic :vulcan:

Redfern June 11 2013 02:34 PM

Or finally "snapped" after suffering years of Balok's bellicose laughter. :wtf:

"Don't you see, Captain? I had to stop him! The lil' gremlin would laugh at EVERYTHING! I'd tell a joke; he'd laugh. I'd relate a personal trauma; he'd laugh! And it was the same pitch and duration every time, no variation! It was like a stock recording! That's when he told me what I had to do. He? Why, the "puppet", of course! Except, he's not really a puppet. Don't you see? It's a double bluff. "Baby" Balok was the actual ruse to lure us into a false sense of security! But I figured it out! Just look at him glowering there. He's not pleased you abandoned me, Captain! What's that, Balok? The Captain must be punished? Oh, I wholeheartedly agree!"

Sincerely,

Bill

DaleC76 June 11 2013 04:05 PM

Another meeting with the Romulan Commander from The Enterprise Incident.

While not sequels, I would've liked more looks at some of the aliens races, Orions, Tellarites, Andorians, ect.

Ovation June 11 2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Redfern wrote: (Post 8231995)
Or finally "snapped" after suffering years of Balok's bellicose laughter. :wtf:

"Don't you see, Captain? I had to stop him! The lil' gremlin would laugh at EVERYTHING! I'd tell a joke; he'd laugh. I'd relate a personal trauma; he'd laugh! And it was the same pitch and duration every time, no variation! It was like a stock recording! That's when he told me what I had to do. He? Why, the "puppet", of course! Except, he's not really a puppet. Don't you see? It's a double bluff. "Baby" Balok was the actual ruse to lure us into a false sense of security! But I figured it out! Just look at him glowering there. He's not pleased you abandoned me, Captain! What's that, Balok? The Captain must be punished? Oh, I wholeheartedly agree!"

Sincerely,

Bill

:lol::lol::lol:

Desert Kris June 11 2013 08:48 PM

I would love to see an episode that played with the idea of duplicate planets. Except, instead of a Duplicate Earth, the Enterprise visits a duplicate Kronos.

I would love to see a version of what was commented about Klingons and their gods...something about how they killed their gods 'cause they were too much trouble! Or alternatively, watch Kahless rally the Klingons toward imperial amibitions. And play with the questions about what to do about discovering a duplicate Kronos, how the prime directive would apply to it's situation.

Sran June 11 2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

DaleC76 wrote: (Post 8232424)
Another meeting with the Romulan Commander from The Enterprise Incident.

I'd like to know what happened to the cloaking device that Kirk stole. There is a Section 31 novel that talks about it, but books aren't considered cannon.

--Sran

SiddFinch1 June 11 2013 11:52 PM

A flashback prequel about captain garth
Andorian and a Tellerite in starfleet
A return for trelaine
A return to ekos and zeon now without space Nazis United to fend off klingons or romulans

Shatnertage June 12 2013 02:15 AM

I don't have a concept, but I have an episode title...

"And the Grandchildren Shall Lead."

Sran June 12 2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Shatnertage wrote: (Post 8235526)
"And the Grandchildren Shall Lead."

"Plato's Stepchildren's Children"

--Sran

TOSalltheway June 12 2013 02:43 AM

The planned but unfilmed episode "Joanna" about Dr. McCoys daughter.