The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Voyagers ending, redone. (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=215962)

bountifulboxesjeg June 6 2013 10:09 PM

Voyagers ending, redone.

With all the technology they came across, including borg megaton bomb upgrades and the energy behind transwarp, which was endless upon comparison to warp, you'd think Janeway would have came up with something of a battle upgrade without future Janeways help.

R. Star June 7 2013 12:00 AM

Re: Voyagers ending, redone.

Can we come up with a Voyager ending that doesn't involve turning on godmode?

JirinPanthosa June 7 2013 02:19 AM

I like the idea of Voyager ending up destroying a huge crucial Borg installation but I would have done something other than 'Future Janeway'.

Like, maybe Voyager was meant to destroy the transwarp hub, and if they don't do it the Federation will be destroyed by the Borg. And Voyager ends up into some kind of Enterprise C situation where they have a chance they weren't supposed to have to get home. Then the Relativity group try to force them to go back to the DQ, and Janeway tricky as always tries to find a way to both destroy the Hub and get to stay in the AQ.

It could end with Janeway pretending to agree then somehow stealing a 29th century ship to destroy the hub.

R. Star June 7 2013 02:32 AM

I actually was stoked for the first few minutes of the episode when it appeared that the future crew was at a celebration reminiscing how they got home. They could have just run with that and that would've been a satisfying ending. Not only would we have found out how they got home, but what happened with their lives after instead of a two second resolution shot of Voyager flying towards Earth.

Lance June 7 2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8212921)

:lol: Now I've got an image in my head of Tuvok typing the letters 'IDDQD' into his console. ;)

JirinPanthosa June 7 2013 05:56 AM

That explains how Voyager kept winning against the Borg. The Konami code!

Dream June 7 2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8212921)

The lame Batmobile armor we got in the finale was already godmode.

Dukhat June 7 2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8212321)
With all the technology they came across, including borg megaton bomb upgrades and the energy behind transwarp, which was endless upon comparison to warp, you'd think Janeway would have came up with something of a battle upgrade without future Janeways help.

How is this random thought "redoing" Voyager's ending?

Third Nacelle June 7 2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8213785)
I actually was stoked for the first few minutes of the episode when it appeared that the future crew was at a celebration reminiscing how they got home. They could have just run with that and that would've been a satisfying ending. Not only would we have found out how they got home, but what happened with their lives after instead of a two second resolution shot of Voyager flying towards Earth.

I like that. What I would have done is still start the episode with FutureJaneway planning to alter the past, but a series of flashbacks to the long voyage home as she talks with the crew causes her to change her mind at the end.

Guy Gardener June 7 2013 11:20 AM

What I would have liked was that Janeway tried to change the past, but Captain Kim stopped her, then sent the old bird to live in the nut house with Tuvok.

eskyliz June 7 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

JirinPanthosa wrote: (Post 8213740)
Like, maybe Voyager was meant to destroy the transwarp hub, and if they don't do it the Federation will be destroyed by the Borg. And Voyager ends up into some kind of Enterprise C situation where they have a chance they weren't supposed to have to get home. Then the Relativity group try to force them to go back to the DQ, and Janeway tricky as always tries to find a way to both destroy the Hub and get to stay in the AQ.

Well you've thought about this a lot haven't you. :p But that actually seems pretty cool.

Richard Baker June 7 2013 02:40 PM

I would have liked to have seen it with out the Future Janeway and her future tech. If they had discovered some novel and inventive way to really hurt the Borg and get home by themselves it would have been much more satisfying...

Gaith June 7 2013 06:45 PM

A Q-administered dance-off between the Borg Queen and Janeway, with the prize being the granting of the winner's fondest wish, would have been a better finale. :p

bountifulboxesjeg June 7 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 8216221)
A Q-administered dance-off between the Borg Queen and Janeway...

Borg Queen wins doing the robot.:lol:

Vulcan Logician June 13 2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8213785)

I agree with you R.Star. I wish we could have seen more about the aftermath of the arrival to Earth. But alas. But still, endgame is one of my faves. So other than adding onto it, I wouldn't change a thing.