The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Future of Trek (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Greatest Trek Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=215431)

Vulcan Logician June 2 2013 04:09 AM

My Greatest Trek Fantasy

Allow me my dream, though it will never come to fruition, and undoubtedly it's been thought of before:

A "Next Gen" trilogy of feature-length films featuring the cast of TNG, DS9, and VOY (as crotchety as they are) which would further the cannon and succinctly tie up the Next Gen franchise and (perhaps) lay the groundwork for a new "post gen" series down the road.

Each movie would concentrate on a different setting TNG enterprise, DS9, Voyager, but with an intertwined plot (A Borg-dominion alliance, perhaps). As we will never see another production with these characters, it could be action-packed, though not Abrams-style. The Sisko returns, some characters die off, we get to see interaction between characters from all three Next Gen shows. Mr. JJ can stay the hell away from this, as it will be CLASSIC trek format (though I am not a huge JJ hater or anything).

What do you think? Wouldn't that be awesome? Of course it will never happen, but it COULD happen.

Ryva Brall June 2 2013 04:57 AM

Re: My Greatest Trek Fantasy

...Which characters die off?

Vulcan Logician June 2 2013 05:16 AM

Characters I wish would die off: Neelix and Alexander

Characters that may die off for poignant dramatic effect: WORF or
Picard, Sisko, you name it.

surak-toc June 3 2013 11:15 AM

sounds like a good idea, could have Riker on the titan though

R. Star June 4 2013 07:02 PM

I always would've liked to see a movie based on the Avatar novels. Though yeah... that one's scheduled for release on February 30th.

CorporalClegg June 4 2013 08:05 PM

There's no way something like could ever happen without it being convoluted and contrived.

They basically tried to do that with the litverse, and it turned out pretty messy. The only way something like that could ever work is in some kind of montage mini-series.

R. Star June 4 2013 09:48 PM

Heck, you pretty much could cut out all the TNG scenes without really effecting the story with the exception of the Ro/Picard bits. Just have Vaughn on Ross's ship and it find the Orb.

ralfy June 5 2013 05:03 AM

Continuous use of warp technology takes their toll, leading to the end of interstellar travel.

Dukhat June 5 2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Vulcan Logician wrote: (Post 8189275)
What do you think? Wouldn't that be awesome? Of course it will never happen, but it COULD happen.

Not even taking into consideration the amount of money that would have to be spent on actors' salaries, recreations of all the TNG, DS9 and VOY sets (just for three TV movies?), etc., the time for this to realistically have happened was right after ENT got cancelled. Now, there's no chance in hell of this happening.

Plus, you realize that all these actors have aged, right? They don't look anything like how you last saw them. "Action" is not the type of genre I'd see these geezers partaking in;)

teacake June 6 2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 8201908)
I always would've liked to see a movie based on the Avatar novels. Though yeah... that one's scheduled for release on February 30th.

The Avatar novels would make a fantastic miniseries.

Vulcan Logician June 6 2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Dukhat wrote: (Post 8206267)
Quote:

Not even taking into consideration the amount of money that would have to be spent on actors' salaries, recreations of all the TNG, DS9 and VOY sets (just for three TV movies?), etc., the time for this to realistically have happened was right after ENT got cancelled. Now, there's no chance in hell of this happening.

Plus, you realize that all these actors have aged, right? They don't look anything like how you last saw them. "Action" is not the type of genre I'd see these geezers partaking in;)

Yes, yes. It was just a fantasy after all. I wouldn't mind that they had aged. After all, The TOS crew was well over the hill when they started on the first set of movies.

bbjeg June 9 2013 02:53 AM

(Your) Greatest Trek Fantasy

IMO the DS9 and Voyager crew were due a film of their own. I too dreamed of a feature film featuring the three casts, at least one last one. A joint mission, using the best qualities of each captain.

Quote:

...but with an intertwined plot (A Borg-dominion alliance, perhaps).

Both the Borg and the Founders shared that "bringing order to chaos" mindset but a Borg-Dominion alliance would just be the Dominion's assimilation, but that wouldn't be bad idea either. A Changeling-Borg queen would be terrifying, they clone and assimilate. How would Starfeet stop that?

teacake June 9 2013 03:02 AM

Re: (Your) Greatest Trek Fantasy

Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8221273)

Both the Borg and the Founders shared that "bringing order to chaos" mindset but a Borg-Dominion alliance would just be the Dominion's assimilation, but that wouldn't be bad idea either. A Changeling-Borg queen would be terrifying, they clone and assimilate. How would Starfeet stop that?

Gooey nanites spread throughout the galaxy!

You think your liquids are safe..

Elim Garakov June 9 2013 04:09 AM

Borg Dominion War would be kickass

CorporalClegg June 9 2013 09:31 AM

Re: (Your) Greatest Trek Fantasy

Quote:

bbjeg wrote: (Post 8221273)
IMO the DS9 and Voyager crew were due a film of their own.

How do you figure?