The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Roger Moore wants to do Who!! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=215062)

Starkers May 30 2013 09:56 AM

Roger Moore wants to do Who!!

...or sherlock...maybe :lol:

Quote:

This week Mark Gatiss tweeted about Roger's performance in "The Man Who Haunted Himself", the 1970 fantasy drama directed by Basil Dearden. "I have such a soft spot for the film," said Gatiss.
Roger's twitter account cheekily responded: "thank you. I might be equally wonderful in Dr Who or Sherlock if asked!"
Gatiss responded simply: "My life is complete! Will be [in] touch."
Link

Maybe it's time for Rassilon to regenerate?: ;)

Haggis and tatties May 30 2013 10:06 AM

Re: Roger Moore wants to do Who!!

I'm Pelham!!!

Emh May 30 2013 11:14 AM

I saw this on my Facebook news feed the other day. Honestly, I really don't care one way or the other. *shrug*

However, if Sean Connery, Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan want to appear, them I'm all for it. :D

Starkers May 30 2013 11:43 AM

God not Connery...besides he's retired :)

Haggis and tatties May 30 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 8175472)
God not Connery...beshides he's retired :)

I fixed It.;):lol:

Starkers May 30 2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Haggis and tatties wrote: (Post 8175496)
Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 8175472)
God not Connery...beshides he's retired :)

I fixed It.;):lol:

Thanksh for that... :p

Bob The Skutter May 30 2013 01:10 PM

No, not Roger Moore. After seeing him on HIGNFY he seems nothing more than a parody of himself at this point, and not even self aware as Shatner is.

NCC-1701-B May 30 2013 01:32 PM

Oh wow yes! Roger is amazing! He'd make a great old timelord :D Or disgruntled bad guy with a grudge :P

Allyn Gibson May 30 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Bob The Skutter wrote: (Post 8175652)
No, not Roger Moore. After seeing him on HIGNFY he seems nothing more than a parody of himself at this point, and not even self aware as Shatner is.

I found him delightful in A Princess for Christmas. True, I watched initially solely for Katie McGrath, but the whole thing was really quite fun, Moore was enjoyable as the embittered Duke, and it was great to see Miles Richardson (known to Big Finish fans as the Doctor's brother, Irving Braxiatel). :)

Sindatur May 30 2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 8175880)
Quote:

I found him delightful in A Princess for Christmas. True, I watched initially solely for Katie McGrath, but the whole thing was really quite fun, Moore was enjoyable as the embittered Duke, and it was great to see Miles Richardson (known to Big Finish fans as the Doctor's brother, Irving Braxiatel). :)

Brax is the Doctor's Brother? Where does that come from? I only know him from Gallifrey Adventures (never listened to The Benny Summerfield Audios yet nor do I know if he's in any other BF Audio Plays)

OmahaStar May 30 2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 8175913)
Quote:

Quote:

Brax is the Doctor's Brother? Where does that come from? I only know him from Gallifrey Adventures (never listened to The Benny Summerfield Audios yet nor do I know if he's in any other BF Audio Plays)

Apparently, though not confirmed, it's been implied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Braxiatel

Sindatur May 30 2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 8175967)
Quote:

Quote:

Apparently, though not confirmed, it's been implied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Braxiatel

Ah, thanks muchly

I'll have to watch/listen for that mention of Brax' Collection in City of Death next time I run through Tom Baker's era.

Samurai8472 May 30 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 8175208)
...or sherlock...maybe :lol:

Quote:

This week Mark Gatiss tweeted about Roger's performance in "The Man Who Haunted Himself", the 1970 fantasy drama directed by Basil Dearden. "I have such a soft spot for the film," said Gatiss.
Roger's twitter account cheekily responded: "thank you. I might be equally wonderful in Dr Who or Sherlock if asked!"
Gatiss responded simply: "My life is complete! Will be [in] touch."
Link

Maybe it's time for Rassilon to regenerate?: ;)

Then people would really have something for the "bond is a time lord" theory

And going in order it should be brosnan who's next

Allyn Gibson May 30 2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

It's heavily, heavily implied but, as best I can remember, never outright stated. The Benny audio Death to the Daleks reveals that Benny's Irving Braxiatel is a Time Lord and has a TARDIS in the Braxiatel collection (when it dematerializes in the audio, it's a jaw-dropping moment), and Cavan Scott and Mark Wright's "...Be Forgot" in Short Trips: A Christmas Treasury has the eighth Doctor visiting Benny because he's on his way to give Brax a Christmas present.

Mr. Adventure May 30 2013 04:47 PM

He could be the Master for the John Hurt Doctor.