The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=214993)

Spock/Uhura Fan May 29 2013 11:57 PM

[spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
I know that Carol Marcus is supposed to be linked with Kirk, and I do think they work as a couple, but I liked her interactions with McCoy as well.

So, I'm wondering. Does anyone have a preference? I'm sure some people would rather she stay single for development purposes, but I think it would be nice to see her with someone as well.

So, which would you prefer and why?

Carol & Kirk
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3dff57df.jpg

Carol & McCoy
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...psa3421815.png

indranee May 30 2013 12:00 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
See? Now, this one I like -- Kirk/Marcus in this movie.

Let's just hope they don't f**k it up in the next one.

Spock/Uhura Fan May 30 2013 12:03 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
I'm just hoping they fix Spock/Uhura, but I also hope if they put Carol with Kirk that they do it well. I do wonder how that works with him being captain, but I think it can work well so long as they can keep work separate and there are rules. I still kind of like Carol/Bones better, though.

indranee May 30 2013 12:05 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
What do you think is wrong with Spock/Uhura?

Shanndee May 30 2013 02:09 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
So now you've gone and put an interesting couple possibility in my head!

I quite liked Marcus/Kirk in the movie. It seems obvious that the relationship will continue along the lines of the prime universe (if the homage scene is anything to go by), but I also like your Marcus/McCoy suggestion as well. I liked their back and forth while "defusing" the weapon.

So, do I vote for what I believe will happen (which I do like) or do I vote for what looks like a possibly more challenging (and fun?) pair?

Decisions, decisions...:lol:

Oh, indranee where will you be posting the review you mentioned in the Spock/Uhura thread (or have you posted it and I missed it?)

CorporalClegg May 30 2013 02:32 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
All of the above?

indranee May 30 2013 03:13 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Quote:

Shanndee wrote: (Post 8173966)
So now you've gone and put an interesting couple possibility in my head!

I quite liked Marcus/Kirk in the movie. It seems obvious that the relationship will continue along the lines of the prime universe (if the homage scene is anything to go by), but I also like your Marcus/McCoy suggestion as well. I liked their back and forth while "defusing" the weapon.

So, do I vote for what I believe will happen (which I do like) or do I vote for what looks like a possibly more challenging (and fun?) pair?

Decisions, decisions...:lol:

Oh, indranee where will you be posting the review you mentioned in the Spock/Uhura thread (or have you posted it and I missed it?)

Shanndee haven't posted it yet. I'm going to watch it, yes, a fourth time this coming weekend :p... I'll post after that. ALL my non-Trekkie friends seem to now watch this movie with me. They weren't like this in 2009. Most of them waited for the dvd/cable etc. I wonder what's going on...

*cough*WoM*cough* ;)

As for Spock/Uhura, see, I loved the *idea* of it but I just can't see it progressing well because of the way these dudes are writing it. Trek never did do romance well save for a precious few instances. I just don't think Orci/Kurtzman can write Uhura well. The problem is -- to me -- how she's being made to play "Uhura in love". Ugh. I'll leave it there for now. I'll put the rest of my thoughts in the review.

Spock/Uhura Fan May 30 2013 03:33 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Quote:

indranee wrote: (Post 8173423)
What do you think is wrong with Spock/Uhura?

Oh, that's a discussion for another thread. :cool:

Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 8174059)
All of the above?

Heh, there you go. ;)

Quote:

Shanndee wrote: (Post 8173966)
So now you've gone and put an interesting couple possibility in my head!

I quite liked Marcus/Kirk in the movie. It seems obvious that the relationship will continue along the lines of the prime universe (if the homage scene is anything to go by), but I also like your Marcus/McCoy suggestion as well. I liked their back and forth while "defusing" the weapon.

So, do I vote for what I believe will happen (which I do like) or do I vote for what looks like a possibly more challenging (and fun?) pair?

Decisions, decisions...:lol:

I know. It's hard isn't it? :p

Quote:

indranee wrote: (Post 8174203)
Shanndee haven't posted it yet. I'm going to watch it, yes, a fourth time this coming weekend :p... I'll post after that. ALL my non-Trekkie friends seem to now watch this movie with me. They weren't like this in 2009. Most of them waited for the dvd/cable etc. I wonder what's going on...

*cough*WoM*cough* ;)

It's the exact opposite for me, but none of my friends in real life are trekkies. Still, I could get people to watch the last movie, but no one wants to watch this one. Everyone is interested in something else, especially Superman. I guess it doesn't help that I didn't like it and said it's okay if all you want to see is a bunch of action sequences. Seems like the people that fall into that group went to see F&F6 or will. Still, it's good that STID is performing.

Quote:

As for Spock/Uhura, see, I loved the *idea* of it but I just can't see it progressing well because of the way these dudes are writing it. Trek never did do romance well save for a precious few instances. I just don't think Orci/Kurtzman can write Uhura well. The problem is -- to me -- how she's being made to play "Uhura in love". Ugh. I'll leave it there for now. I'll put the rest of my thoughts in the review.
And this is part of my problem. Their *conflict* didn't make any sense. What was beautiful about it the last time was that they just wrote a normal, healthy, couple dealing with the problems that life was throwing at them, and they did it with a quiet grace. This movie... Yeah, we may need to get back over to the S/U thread to discuss this a bit. I don't want to derail this one.

Gsam May 30 2013 04:02 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
I don't like the idea of Carol/Kirk. To be honest I didn't like the whole Carol/Kirk/David thing at all so I guess I could never vote for them in this verse either. I suppose I wouldn't mind as much if there is no child involved this time. Seems to me this Nu Kirk has strong feelings about fathers not being there and would not agree to stay out of child's life. Also I don't think given the Kelvin that he would be inclined to raise a child on a star ship. If they end up together I hope that this verse's Carol/Kirk act more adult like when making their decisions.

OpenMaw May 30 2013 04:22 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
It would be interesting if Carol swung towards Bones. If only because the poor grumpy doctor just isn't getting any love.

Kruezerman May 30 2013 04:30 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Marcus/Bones.

<3

CorporalClegg May 30 2013 04:33 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Quote:

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: (Post 8174320)
Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 8174059)
All of the above?

Heh, there you go. ;)

Star Trek needs more free love.

What am I saying? We all need more free love.

Kruezerman May 30 2013 04:37 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 8174536)
Quote:

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: (Post 8174320)
Quote:

CorporalClegg wrote: (Post 8174059)
All of the above?

Heh, there you go. ;)

Star Trek needs more free love.

What am I saying? We all need more free love.

*drops pants*

I'm down. :p

General_Phoenix May 30 2013 05:01 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Quote:

Gsam wrote: (Post 8174440)
I don't like the idea of Carol/Kirk. To be honest I didn't like the whole Carol/Kirk/David thing at all so I guess I could never vote for them in this verse either. I suppose I wouldn't mind as much if there is no child involved this time. Seems to me this Nu Kirk has strong feelings about fathers not being there and would not agree to stay out of child's life. Also I don't think given the Kelvin that he would be inclined to raise a child on a star ship. If they end up together I hope that this verse's Carol/Kirk act more adult like when making their decisions.

True. I could see Kirk in this timeline being there for David, considering Kirk grew up without his father. I suppose it depends on how attached this Kirk is to the captains chair, seems that Kirk-prime couldn't give up his life in Starfleet, even for his kid.

Seska May 30 2013 05:13 AM

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread
 
Carol / Terrell

"I'm afraid it's even harder than you think, Doctor."


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.