The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Productions (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=214357)

TrekGirl May 24 2013 10:10 PM

Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA"

I hope this wasn't already posted on here somewhere, but here goes.

James Cawley posted the following on his Facebook page:

Here as a surprise for all My friends and Phase II fans IS A SPECIAL LINK TO VIEW act one of "KITUMBA"! It has not been color corrected yet, but I hope it will wet your appetite for the rest! Please remember to visit my youtube channel and view the Teaser first, so that the story makes sense to you !!lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFggXwE8oQ

Mysterion May 24 2013 10:37 PM

Re: Phase II - Act One of "KITUMBA"

Huzzah!

Admiral Buzzkill May 24 2013 10:48 PM

The Klingon guy - Ksia? - reminds me a little of Christopher Lloyd. :cool:

USS Intrepid May 24 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Admiral Buzzkill wrote: (Post 8148301)
The Klingon guy - Ksia? - reminds me a little of Christopher Lloyd. :cool:

Oh yeah.

scifib5st May 25 2013 01:44 AM

Does he have a Scottish accent? :rofl:

E-DUB May 25 2013 03:16 AM

Can't wait to see the whole thing. Seemed for a while they were coming out with a new ep every few months and now..........

DCR May 25 2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

E-DUB wrote: (Post 8149564)
Can't wait to see the whole thing. Seemed for a while they were coming out with a new ep every few months and now..........

Well, I know there were issues involving Kitumba and hard drives that caused serious delays in its release. IIRC it had to be completely recut and partially reshot.

I'm not in the know by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see both Kitumba and Bread & Savagery released within the next twelve to eighteen months.

Potemkin_Prod May 25 2013 05:49 AM

Looking forward to the rest!

pymfan2000 May 25 2013 06:14 AM

So excited for the rest of the episode!

TrekGirl May 25 2013 04:45 PM

The past few days have been some exciting ones for Star Trek fan productions. I'm a big fan of both Phase II and STC, just as I am a big fan of James and Vic. It was actually being a fan of Vic's voice acting & music that led me to discover James Cawley and this whole world of fan productions in 2009. The panel they did together with Gil Gerard was so EPIC. I've always loved TOS & was amazed at what these people were doing! Although I lament that they went separate ways, we ended up with two awesome productions. It's still hard for me not to imagine the possibilities, had they continued to combine their considerable forces and love of Star Trek. Different personalities, but both larger than life, magnetic people. And both so full of WIN :techman:

DCR May 25 2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

TrekGirl wrote: (Post 8151745)
The past few days have been some exciting ones for Star Trek fan productions. I'm a big fan of both Phase II and STC, just as I am a big fan of James and Vic. It was actually being a fan of Vic's voice acting & music that led me to discover James Cawley and this whole world of fan productions in 2009. The panel they did together with Gil Gerard was so EPIC. I've always loved TOS & was amazed at what these people were doing! Although I lament that they went separate ways, we ended up with two awesome productions. It's still hard for me not to imagine the possibilities, had they continued to combine their considerable forces and love of Star Trek. Different personalities, but both larger than life, magnetic people. And both so full of WIN :techman:

Exactly (minus the personal experience which I don't have).

As a fan, I love the fact that both productions exist so there is more for me to enjoy. And it's not just Phase II and Continues, there's all the other TOS-era stuff out there that I want to see when and if it gets completed. (Fan films are always an if before the first episode comes out, it's hard work)

Phase II
Continues
Farragut
Begins
Excalibur
Axanar
Ajax
Ironsides

Look at all those projects, and at least three groups with standing full-scale bridge sets, and they're just what's out there for TOS and earlier; and three projects have passed the first episode hump. If even half the other four make it, we're entering a golden age.

It's a great time to be a TOS-era fan.

Captain Randy Hall May 25 2013 10:25 PM

Consider my appetite whetted, Trek Girl! I'm avoiding any other story elements until it's completed and ready for viewing!

Kelso May 26 2013 06:37 AM

Nice!

Psion May 27 2013 03:10 AM

That was great! K'Sia was awesome!

DarKush May 30 2013 10:11 AM

This was pretty good. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing. Gil Gerard!