The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Would do you preder this as nx-01 enterprise? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=213388)

Faria May 18 2013 01:34 PM

Would do you preder this as nx-01 enterprise?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ot-d3cdfka.jpg

Faria May 18 2013 05:18 PM

Re: Would do you preder this as nx-01 enterprise?

I think yes, but without the "primary warp field stabilizer " (that faint thing oin the middle of the motors section, between the warp nacelles)

Middleman May 18 2013 05:40 PM

It's beautiful work you have there, but I liked Doug Drexler's original NX-01.

C.E. Evans May 18 2013 09:51 PM

Hmm...I think I could have grown to like this design. Yeah, I do like it. I don't mind the warp field stabilizer (it's kind of a unique feature and drives home how less advanced it is from later starships).

R. Star May 19 2013 02:23 AM

I prefer the look of the actual NX-01, but this is a good ship and it does look a bit less advanced without looking like it came straight out of the 60's. I could've grown accustomed to it.

The Wormhole May 19 2013 02:26 AM

That is a pretty cool ship design. :techman:

Mach5 May 19 2013 10:06 AM

Lose the "tail" (or whatever that elongated thing behind the warp reactor is supposed to be), and we're in business. :)

Belz... May 19 2013 01:15 PM

I think it's a very nice design, but I prefer the NX-01. That said, although I don't like the fact that they based it on the Akira, the NX-01 looks better. I do like the NX-01 design quite a bit. But it doesn't look primitive enough, still. I would've prefered the Conestoga as a design for the show. It's not as pretty, but it fits the lineage better.

EDIT: And yeah, the tail is weird on the OP.

Ain Jalut May 19 2013 10:23 PM

I like the one from the series.

RyuRoots May 20 2013 03:19 AM

I also say lose the "tail", but other than that, it's good. It actually looks like its own ship instead of just being a flipped-over Akira with some very minor tweaks.

LtChange May 21 2013 10:01 AM

I prefer Doug Drexlers refit from the Ships of the Line calendar. Sorry. But nice work anyway

BillJ May 21 2013 06:18 PM

No.

horatio83 May 22 2013 04:16 AM

Visually I prefer the actual NX but I like the larger warp field governor and the deflector underneath the saucer as it makes the ship look more primitive with more stuff sticking out of the hull. Let's not forget that the Constitution looked more modern than the NX in the MU episodes because it seemed so smooth with everything being underneath panels / the hull.

C.E. Evans May 25 2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

horatio83 wrote: (Post 8133289)
Visually I prefer the actual NX but I like the larger warp field governor and the deflector underneath the saucer as it makes the ship look more primitive with more stuff sticking out of the hull. Let's not forget that the Constitution looked more modern than the NX in the MU episodes because it seemed so smooth with everything being underneath panels / the hull.

I agree. I think the large warp field stabilizer does work for this particular design in the sense that it makes it look more primitive (featuring something that will be phased out in later designs).

publiusr May 26 2013 10:23 PM

That looks pretty cool.