The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Seth Rogen taking over Late Night after Fallon leaves? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=212605)

gblews May 13 2013 02:50 AM

Seth Rogen taking over Late Night after Fallon leaves?

Rogen just tweeted that he is taking over Late Night after Jimmy Fallon leaves for the Tonight Show. Wonder what happened to the other Seth...Myers. On the surface, still appears Myers would make a better host, but who knows?

Quote:

Seth Rogen ‏@Sethrogen 6h
I'm replacing Jimmy Fallon! Big shoes to fill but I'm excited to give the show my own twist. Thanks NBC for believing in me.

the G-man May 13 2013 02:53 AM

Re: Seth Rogen taking over Late Night after Fallon leaves?

I am guessing this is a joke on Rogans part

bigdaddy May 13 2013 03:31 AM

Seth Meyers is taking over The Late Show.

Thus ending NBC's rating dominance. Worse choice ever.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/12/seth-meyers/

Santa Claus May 13 2013 03:39 AM

Eh, definitely not a Seth Meyers fan. I'm not sure how well this will work out. I'll give him a chance, but he's going to need to step up. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.

billcosby May 13 2013 03:57 AM

Rogen? I appreciate him in whatever role he does, but he's nowhere near the wit of someone who should take that spot. Seth Myers is well deserved. He's currently (IMHO) the only consistent high point of SNL, Weekend Update. Who will take that spot? Hader maybe but then who will do every. single. game. show. host?
SNL has been rough this season. Sadly, the only one that really worked for me this year was the holiday PaulMcCartney/Martin Short SNL. So incredible. Otherwise it has been unusually meh.

gblews May 13 2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

the G-man wrote: (Post 8079772)

Apparently it was. Seth Myers was definitely my first choice for that spot. He just might end up being better than Fallon.

Mr Light May 13 2013 11:57 AM

I'd much prefer Seth Meyers over Jimmy Fallon!

Mysterion May 13 2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

J. Allen wrote: (Post 8079985)
Eh, definitely not a Seth Meyers fan. I'm not sure how well this will work out. I'll give him a chance, but he's going to need to step up. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.

CBS would do well to move Craig Ferguson to the 11:30 time-slot first chance they get.

I'm a long-time Letterman fan, but I think he needs to go have himself a long rest now, and let someone else have at it.

Seth Meyers is funny doing Weekend Update, but I'm not sure I'd want to see him for a whole hour every night.

Mr. Adventure May 14 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

billcosby wrote: (Post 8080045)
Rogen? I appreciate him in whatever role he does, but he's nowhere near the wit of someone who should take that spot.

Rogen is quick on his feet and can ad lib which is not something I'm so sure about Seth Meyers. I'm also not sure he is as personable as the role needs. We'll see of course but I think the jury is out on that one.

TemporalFlux May 14 2013 03:12 PM

Seth Green should be host. He could play with action figures for 30 min every night; it would be awesome.

Squiggy Claus May 14 2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8079952)
Thus ending NBC's rating dominance.

Where have you been?

bigdaddy May 14 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Squiggy wrote: (Post 8086705)
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8079952)
Thus ending NBC's rating dominance.

Where have you been?

Their late night shows are still number 1, as is their special coverage news. Their primetime and 12 hour long Today Show are dead.

Samurai8472 May 14 2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

the G-man wrote: (Post 8079772)

They should poke fun at people confusing all the Seth's in Hollywood

Rogen- Going to the Late Show! I hope Family guy won't miss me!

Agent Richard07 February 25 2014 05:30 PM

Anyone catch Seth Meyers' first show last night? I laughed at a few of his monologue jokes and was surprised that Joe Biden was the second guest. The biggest surprise though was Fred Armisen as the band leader because I know him as a comedic actor. I thought it would be a guest stint but it looks to be a permanent thing.

Yoda February 25 2014 06:09 PM

I thought it was OK-ish.. Seth Meyers is pretty stiff doing stand-up during the monologue, and his delivery is very 'weekend update' still. He'll have to grow a bit. Seemed a lot better than the early Fallon I watched on Late Night. The Venn Diagrams bit wasn't stellar.