The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   24 returns as limited series (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=212206)

bigdaddy May 10 2013 12:46 AM

24 returns as limited series
 
Weird TV news continues.

Fox is really smart in doing these miniseries events. ABC needs to smarten up (Looks at the creator of Revenge stepping down because he didn't want to do 22 episode season).

However I hope they rename it something besides 24, that wouldn't really work well.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/24-e...land-in-talks/

jayceee May 10 2013 01:06 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Wonder what kind of storyline they will do for this.

Guy Gardener May 10 2013 01:32 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Obviously it's a romantic comedy set on the day of Jack and Chloe's wedding.

jayceee May 10 2013 01:59 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
The terrorism thing seems to have become a tired tv/movie cliche after a decade. Not so compelling anymore.

bigdaddy May 10 2013 02:15 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Quote:

jayceee wrote: (Post 8065705)
The terrorism thing seems to have become a tired tv/movie cliche after a decade. Not so compelling anymore.

The creator of 24 went on to make Homeland, one of the most award winning shows in years.

Terrorism isn't cliche, 24 is.

Gil T.Azell May 10 2013 02:21 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps75a7984e.png

Dream May 10 2013 02:22 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
I guess the "24" movie is completely dead? :lol:

Guy Gardener May 10 2013 03:07 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8065777)
Quote:

jayceee wrote: (Post 8065705)
The terrorism thing seems to have become a tired tv/movie cliche after a decade. Not so compelling anymore.

The creator of 24 went on to make Homeland, one of the most award winning shows in years.

Terrorism isn't cliche, 24 is.

"Make" is a liberal description of buying the scripts off the Israelis, which isn't an awful thing to do at all, but it did mean that the pulse of this show is two years in the past compared to the airing of Homeland.

SJSharksfan39 May 10 2013 08:53 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
This is not official yet. If it does get official I don't know how I feel about it, but the title of this thread isn't necessarily true yet.

Captaindemotion May 10 2013 09:19 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 8065933)
Quote:

bigdaddy wrote: (Post 8065777)
Quote:

jayceee wrote: (Post 8065705)
The terrorism thing seems to have become a tired tv/movie cliche after a decade. Not so compelling anymore.

The creator of 24 went on to make Homeland, one of the most award winning shows in years.

Terrorism isn't cliche, 24 is.

"Make" is a liberal description of buying the scripts off the Israelis, which isn't an awful thing to do at all, but it did mean that the pulse of this show is two years in the past compared to the airing of Homeland.

'Buying the scripts off' is misleading. As I understand it, the original show featured POWs returning and adjusting to civilian life but the whole idea of one of them having been turned and acting as a double agent was the invention of the US version. And arguably it's Brodie's amiguity which has proven the real hook of the American series.

On-topic, I think this is a good way to bring back Jack. I was a big fan of the show but it had arguably reached the end of the line by the weak 8th season (its excellent final 3rd notwithstanding). It was hard to see where they could go with another series (even if they hadn't come up with that ending). I always had my doubts about the viability of a movie (without the real-time concept it would just have been indistinguishable from Taken or the likes) but I did say some time ago that I thought they could bring it back as telemovies or miniseries. This limited series idea sounds workable to me.

Mutara Nebula 1967 May 10 2013 03:59 PM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
This is without a doubt the best TV news I've heard in a long time. I always said it was a terrible mistake to cancel the series. Since then almost every drama FOX has launched has been a failure. Why walk away from something good.

24 could have continued on without KS if they hadn't done what they did to the Renee charcter played by Annie Wershing.

I really hope this is true because this would be such a welcome addition back to TV because COP, DOCTOR & LAWYER shows are becoming so tiresome!

Admiral2 May 10 2013 06:09 PM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Quote:

Gil T.Azell wrote: (Post 8065801)

^^^Perfection!!!

bigdaddy May 11 2013 02:32 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Yeah, "may" should probably be added to the title, sorry about that, but with Idol failing I think Fox will bring it back, they just need to sign people.

Guy Gardener May 11 2013 02:39 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Is Touch failing? I know it's sucking but is it failing too?

bigdaddy May 11 2013 04:07 AM

Re: 24 returns as limited series
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 8070844)
Is Touch failing? I know it's sucking but is it failing too?

It's canceled so someone has plenty of time for 24: Phase Two


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.