The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Game of Thrones 3.6 - "The Climb" - Rate and discuss (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211741)

Out Of My Vulcan Mind May 5 2013 08:58 PM

Game of Thrones 3.6 - "The Climb" - Rate and discuss

Rate and discuss (with spoilers for the episode, but not for forthcoming episodes) "The Climb", airing on the 5th May on HBO and on the 6th May on Sky Atlantic.

Mr. Adventure May 6 2013 12:50 AM

Re: Game of Thrones 3.6 - "The Climb" - Rate and discuss

If this one ends on the Miley Cyrus track....

sidious618 May 6 2013 03:10 AM

The monologue by Littlefinger was pure Game of Thrones and the fate of Ros was heartbreaking. Such sad stuff.

SiddFinch1 May 6 2013 03:26 AM

Another good one. Tywin and grandma tyrell awesome. Littlefinger speech great. Ros fate sad. Gendry with the red woman? Not in the book was it? Interesting

Evil Twin May 6 2013 05:04 AM

Above average. I was sort of expecting that Melisandre would end up coming for Gendry, seeing as how the siege of Storm's End was cut out of last season. I think this change works for the better, since Edric Storm was pretty much a non-character. Was interesting to see Melisandre and Thoros meet and talk shop. :) Surprised they killed off Ros already, but not sorry to see her go. The dinner scene with Roose Bolton was fun (I had forgotten they put Brienne in a dress :lol:.) Anyone else think he (Roose) looked a little like Daniel Craig there? Overall though, felt like lots of treading water here, especially the Sam, Bran, and Theon scenes.

WeAreTheBorg May 6 2013 08:28 AM

Sort of an average episode until the last 5 minutes... then damn. Shocking, beautiful score, beautiful direction... just awesome.

teacake May 6 2013 11:46 AM

Some powerful scenes, a real treat of an episode.

Lonemagpie May 6 2013 10:12 PM

Diana Rigg UST flirting with Charles Dance, while teasing him about whether he'd ever sampled bumming - I'm not tripping, so it must be this week's best scene in Game Of Thrones, when they've finally put the two biggest fucking scene stealers in a scene together...

And Thoros and Beric's back story, told by Thoros, was tear-jerking...

Now Varys and Littlefinger are having a good scene too... "chaos is a ladder."

And Joffrey's still a psycho cunt - with just one wordless but horrible scene at the end that's fucking freaking me out a bit - who deserves a really shitty end.

Lovely last shot though

Emher May 6 2013 10:27 PM

Bye bye, Ros. :(

Warped9 May 7 2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

sidious618 wrote: (Post 8048320)
The monologue by Littlefinger was pure Game of Thrones and the fate of Ros was heartbreaking. Such sad stuff.

I really hope to see that little shit Joffrey get it.

Kelthaz May 7 2013 02:58 AM

I'm a little surprised to see so much sadness at Ros' death. Ros was such a non-character for me that I didn't even realize who the dead woman was until I read this thread.

Warped9 May 7 2013 03:16 AM

Sansa said it: Joffrey is a monster.

A snivelling and cowardly monster. A regular little shit.

Enterprise is Great May 7 2013 07:52 AM

I can't wait until that little prick gets his. I hope he does get it. I haven't read t he books so i don't know if it'll happen but I sure hope so.

Lonemagpie May 7 2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Kelthaz wrote: (Post 8052373)
I'm a little surprised to see so much sadness at Ros' death. Ros was such a non-character for me that I didn't even realize who the dead woman was until I read this thread.

What? Shown killed like *that* by someone like *him*? Does it even fucking *matter* who the character was?

(Yeah, I know this show does a lot of nasty stuff, but I know someone just like her)

Guy Gardener May 7 2013 10:19 AM

The first time I watched the show I thought she was nine different prostitutes.

But truly that is the mark of an excellent whore, no?