The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   DWM Announces Full Cast List for Big Finish's The Light at the End (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211450)

Emh May 2 2013 10:31 PM

DWM Announces Full Cast List for Big Finish's The Light at the End

For those who don't (or can't) read Doctor Who Magazine and for those who don't (or don't want to) visit the audio forum at GallifreyBase, Doctor Who Mazazine recently released the full cast for Big Finish's upcoming 50th anniversary special, The Light at the End:

I was already highly looking forward to this and this has only heightened my excitement level! I've already ordered the limited edition (which comes with extra behind the scenes material and The Revenants, a Companion Chronicle with William Russell, which had only been previously available as a download for DWM readers).

Allyn Gibson May 2 2013 10:46 PM

Re: DWM Announces Full Cast List for Big Finish's The Light at the End

Why are you disappointed Jac Rayner isn't making a cameo? When did she star in Doctor Who?

Brendan Moody May 2 2013 10:54 PM

I would guess Emh meant to type "Jackie Lane," as she's the one surviving companion actor not in the cast or on the list of people he was disappointed aren't involved. And she, like Matthew Waterhouse and unlike the other absentees, has never done a BF audio.

Emh May 2 2013 11:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant. Complete brain fart.

Christopher May 2 2013 11:53 PM

That's an amazing cast.

As for audio appearances of the first three Doctors, I recently rented the DVD of "Planet of Giants" with the reconstruction of the full episodes 3 & 4 (which were cut down and combined into a single episode for air), and the actor they got to perform the Doctor's lines, John Guilor, did an amazingly accurate impression of William Hartnell, the best I've ever heard. I mean, I have a keen ear for voices and I'm rarely satisfied by any impersonation because I can hear the differences in timbre and rhythm and such, but Guilor's First Doctor was so dead-on I think it might've fooled me if I hadn't known it was an impersonator. I think it would be a great idea for him to do some audios as the First Doctor.

Mr. Adventure May 3 2013 12:28 AM

What? No David Tennant? Fail.

Christopher May 3 2013 12:30 AM

^Doesn't Big Finish only have a license for pre-2005 Doctors and companions? Anyway, Tennant's going to be in the anniversary episode on TV.

Mr. Adventure May 3 2013 12:31 AM

Just a joke, friend, twisting around the reaction to the official 50th Special.

Allyn Gibson May 3 2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 8036053)
^Doesn't Big Finish only have a license for pre-2005 Doctors and companions? Anyway, Tennant's going to be in the anniversary episode on TV.

Tennant could always reprise his officious UNIT character, Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood. :) (I think I have it spelled correctly.)

Emh May 3 2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 8036125)
Quote:

Tennant could always reprise his officious UNIT character, Colonel Brimmicombe-Wood. :) (I think I have it spelled correctly.)

Actually, that's exactly what I had hoped for.

But who knows, maybe he will still make a surprise appearance?

Allyn Gibson May 3 2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 8036137)
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 8036125)
Quote:

Actually, that's exactly what I had hoped for.

But who knows, maybe he will still make a surprise appearance?

I'm hoping for the exact same thing. :)

And I think Big Finish would keep that cameo under wraps and have it be a surprise when people actually hear it, much like the third Doctor in Zagreus.

diankra May 3 2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 8035477)
Why are you disappointed Jac Rayner isn't making a cameo? When did she star in Doctor Who?

Jackie Lane gave up acting 40 years ago, and her one con appearance didn't persuade her to do any more. Matthew Waterhouse is in America.
Jac Rayner is too busy looking after her twins to do any acting (though she did appear in a local group spoof 25-odd years ago). Her husband sometimes escapes to the pub, but the guy who gives him a lift had a knee op on Wednesday, so it'll be a few weeks before that happens again... *

*And yes, that is for real. Honestly!

Valin May 13 2013 06:28 AM

"The Light at the End" sounds rather interesting. I may have to order my first audio Doctor Who adventure.

Emh August 16 2013 02:42 PM

Big Finish has announced that it will be releasing a limited edition vinyl release (500 copies) and has also released the cover image, along with a cheesy lenticular image that comes with the vinyl release.

Allyn Gibson August 16 2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Emh wrote: (Post 8514757)
Big Finish has announced that it will be releasing a limited edition vinyl release (500 copies) and has also released the cover image, along with a cheesy lenticular image that comes with the vinyl release.

I haven't seen a Photoshop that bad since the Avengers movie poster. :)