The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211399)

CoveTom May 2 2013 06:57 PM

John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
I don't usually venture over to the non-Trek forums, but I saw this news item and was very excited:

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/05/01...medium=twitter

I have absolutely nothing against Michael Giacchino. In fact, I think many of his scores are wonderful. But I am totally in support of John Williams continuing his association with the Star Wars franchise. In this case, I think he is a better choice than Giacchino.

What does everyone else think?

DarthTom May 2 2013 07:02 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Brilliant move on JJ's part. Old Wars fans would have been pissed if Williams wasn't at least asked first.

kirk55555 May 2 2013 07:23 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Well, Episode VII definately doesn't deserve John Williams, but atleast the movie will have atleast one thing going for it (not that it will really help, considering all the thigns it has going against it, but anything positive about the movie at this point is good news).

Tom May 2 2013 07:35 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Yeah!!!!!!!! John Williams is the best!

Relayer1 May 2 2013 07:42 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Quote:

kirk55555 wrote: (Post 8034358)
Well, Episode VII definately doesn't deserve John Williams, but atleast the movie will have atleast one thing going for it (not that it will really help, considering all the thigns it has going against it, but anything positive about the movie at this point is good news).

ALL Star Wars deserves John Williams. Anyway, I see no reason whatsoever why Episode VII couldn't be better than Episodes I, II, III or even VI...

Hunter X May 2 2013 07:45 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
That's a lot of Toms to kick off a thread.

Also, I hope John Williams lives forever, especially since Disney plans to be making Star Wars movies forever.

Peach Wookiee May 2 2013 08:12 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
All right! :D JJ isn't stupid and he knows John Williams made Star Wars music what it is. I'm glad he kept up with John.

Patrick O'Brien May 2 2013 09:37 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Exciting news! How old is John now?

Savage Dragon May 2 2013 09:41 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
81 according to IMDB.

RoJoHen May 2 2013 09:45 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Quote:

Relayer1 wrote: (Post 8034469)
Quote:

kirk55555 wrote: (Post 8034358)
Well, Episode VII definately doesn't deserve John Williams, but atleast the movie will have atleast one thing going for it (not that it will really help, considering all the thigns it has going against it, but anything positive about the movie at this point is good news).

ALL Star Wars deserves John Williams. Anyway, I see no reason whatsoever why Episode VII couldn't be better than Episodes I, II, III or even VI...

Agreed. Not exactly sure what VII has "going against it" right now. At this point, it's too early to form much of an opinion at all.

Savage Dragon May 2 2013 09:48 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
^This is the internet. You must form an opinion with as little information as possible. It's the law.

RoJoHen May 2 2013 09:49 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
I hate the internet. Too many nerds.

Savage Dragon May 2 2013 09:50 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Say's the guy posting on the Sci-Fi section of a Star Trek BBS.

RoJoHen May 2 2013 09:51 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Yes. Says that guy. :shifty:

Relayer1 May 2 2013 09:54 PM

Re: John Williams to Score Star Wars Episode VII
 
Quote:

TheSeeker wrote: (Post 8035180)
Say's the guy posting on the Sci-Fi section of a Star Trek BBS.

:D

Even if the films are crud, if they produce another 'Duel of the Fates' they will be worth it !


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.