The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Future of Trek (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Brian Fuller again (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211240)

Kelso May 1 2013 05:16 AM

Brian Fuller again

Yeah, it's wishful thinking... but I'd love to see it.

Quote:

I want Angela Bassett to be the captain, that’s who I would love to have, you know Captain Angela Bassett and First Officer Rosario Dawson. I would love to do that version of the show and but that’s in the future to be told.

Click for more
They may not ever let him do it, but I love that he's so enthusiastic about making a new Star Trek show.

Ryan8bit May 1 2013 06:08 PM

Re: Brian Fuller again

Those are some interesting casting choices. I wonder how many would be turned off by that.

C.E. Evans May 1 2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Ryan8bit wrote: (Post 8029159)
Those are some interesting casting choices. I wonder how many would be turned off by that.

I'd actually been thinking a series with both a female captain and exec would be cool.

xortex May 1 2013 09:33 PM

Sounds like a radical mistake unless it was a movie, but it sounds like the voyager novels. Be happy with that. Captain Asfarah is pretty neat. Well at least her name is and better than both Janeway and her name.

C.E. Evans May 1 2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

xortex wrote: (Post 8030251)
Sounds like a radical mistake unless it was a movie, but it sounds like the voyager novels.

Not at all. Recently though:

Dream May 1 2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 8030167)
Quote:

I'd actually been thinking a series with both a female captain and exec would be cool.

"Say, is this a ship of the Valkyries? Or have you Human women finally done away with your men altogether?"

C.E. Evans May 1 2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 8030659)
Quote:

Quote:

"Say, is this a ship of the Valkyries? Or have you Human women finally done away with your men altogether?"

I think there would be a case for that if the ship had an all-female crew, but if it's still mostly male, then no.

Dream May 1 2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 8030731)
I think there would be a case for that if the ship had an all-female crew, but if it's still mostly male, then no.

As long as there is one or two token males on the show I would be fine with it. ;)

Kelso May 2 2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

I think it would be brilliant. But I doubt CBS would pay enough to get those two actresses.

But I love the idea of casting females as the captain and exec, particularly non-white females.

Ryan8bit May 3 2013 11:33 PM

Yeah, it wasn't so much the females as it was the non-white females. Star Trek lately seems to be a white dudes club with the exception of Uhura, and even she still seems to be written into some certain stereotypes (as are the men). Sadly, for both leads to be non-white women, marketing heads would probably flip and never go for it. I'd be all over it because I kinda don't care who they are as long as they aren't two straight white American/British men.

And I don't know how Fuller writes women, but I would just ask that there be some decent women writers on the show then. I can't stand a lot of current shows where you can tell that men are writing roles for women, and that they don't seem believable.

xortex May 7 2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 8030575)
Quote:

Sounds like a radical mistake unless it was a movie, but it sounds like the voyager novels.

What about Captain Asfarah? Didn't she take over for Janeway?
One woman is too much for me. Men hunt, women cook.

Women keep changing their minds which is why they make good cooks. Now if there is gold and diamonds in space.. when our supply is depleted on earth of course. :guffaw:

C.E. Evans May 7 2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

xortex wrote: (Post 8054074)
Quote:

C.E. Evans wrote: (Post 8030575)
Quote:

What about Captain Asfarah? Didn't she take over for Janeway?

JarodRussell May 7 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Will they be wearing skintight catsuits?

C.E. Evans May 7 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

JarodRussell wrote: (Post 8055145)
Quote:

Quote:

Will they be wearing skintight catsuits?

Unless the uniforms are miniskirts or two-piece ensembles, it's pretty much a given as female jumpsuit uniforms in Trek tend to be very formfitting.

FreddyE May 8 2013 07:31 AM

Good to hear Brian Fuller isnīt giving up :-)