The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What Board style are you using? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210796)

Guy Gardener April 27 2013 02:55 AM

What Board style are you using?

You can chose the colours of your interface with the Trekbbs by toggling the style chooser on the left hand bottom corner of your screen.

'You feel me?

Are there more styles for paid users?

I'm having a waking daymare now contemplating what a bronies might do if a paid account could really stylize the Trekbbs as easily as those Muppets do with their facebook pages.

I use Big Blue.

J. Allen April 27 2013 03:05 AM

Re: What Board style are you using?

No extra styles for paid members.
Also, you can go visit Brony Kingdom (www.bronykingdom.org) if you want to see what styles we have (it's in the lower left hand corner, like this board).

I use "New Blue."

teacake April 27 2013 03:06 AM

New Blue. Big Blue is like old skool BBS (like the way theforce.net used to look). The grey one is just depressing.

Melakon April 27 2013 03:06 AM

I tend to use the defaults on forums. The white on dark gray is easy for me to read because I have very poor vision, with a combination of macular degeneration and what appears to be a detached retina in one eye.

Gaseous Anomaly April 27 2013 03:08 AM

I use old grey as it's the only one that doesn't hurt the eyes.

Mr. Laser Beam April 27 2013 03:10 AM

^ Me too. I can't stand looking at the Blue version, it makes me squint. There's no nostalgia value I attach to Blue, I just like Gray better.

Melakon April 27 2013 03:12 AM

There should be a theme contest. Maybe one could have a large, faint Starfleet insignia in the center of the screen.

Miss Chicken April 27 2013 03:14 AM

I use Big Blue.

auntiehill April 27 2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 8008231)
^ Me too. I can't stand looking at the Blue version, it makes me squint. There's no nostalgia value I attach to Blue, I just like Gray better.

Another one for grey, here.

Guy Gardener April 27 2013 03:21 AM

I can barely grade the difference between the depressing new blue and the antiseptic old grey.

I suppose if you are medically predicated towards one style over the other two, then you just have deal with the consequences of your limitations and weaknesses, curse god, and muddle on.

Of course my eyes are not strong either, but what I did is whack up screen resolution to clown shoes ridiculous until my cursor is bigger than a bumble bee, and everything else proportionate to that.

teacake April 27 2013 03:24 AM

I am worried that if more people don't vote for the (noble and stately) New Blue it will disappear and be replaced by some kind of vile pink.

Kestra April 27 2013 03:25 AM

Oooh pink could tempt me away from grey.

Gaseous Anomaly April 27 2013 03:27 AM

Could be what drives me away.

Quote:

Kestra wrote: (Post 8008312)
Oooh pink could tempt me away from grey.

Kestra April 27 2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Gaseous Anomaly wrote: (Post 8008327)
Could be what drives me away.

You'll never leave while I'm still here!

Gaseous Anomaly April 27 2013 03:30 AM

I have been gone for long periods, just have to keep in touch through LJ or something else. ;)