The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   'For I have returned.' (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210661)

Grup April 25 2013 10:47 PM

'For I have returned.'

Wouldn't this line from the first trailer lead us to believe that there is some amount of time travel? Returned from where?

Flake April 25 2013 10:51 PM

Re: 'For I have returned.'

Why would it imply time travel? I may just mean I have returned to the place I used to live? I have returned from the bathroom? :vulcan:

For I have returned from the bathroom, and I will have. my. vengeance. for whoever left the toilet seat up!

Gojira April 25 2013 11:50 PM

Yeah, he could have returned from just about anywhere!

Titus Andronicus April 25 2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Flake wrote: (Post 8002711)
Why would it imply time travel? I may just mean I have returned to the place I used to live? I have returned from the bathroom? :vulcan:

For I have returned from the bathroom, and I will have. my. vengeance. for whoever left the toilet seat up!

Is it bad that I heard this in the Cumberbatch voice, and it was the most epic thing I could imagine?

Ovation April 25 2013 11:54 PM

It depends entirely upon which person Harrison is addressing when he makes that statement.

SeerSGB April 25 2013 11:55 PM

Given the spoilers out, then it could be more of a "You thought I was gone, that you were safe from ME? How cute" sort of moment to the phrase.

-Brett- April 26 2013 12:31 AM

People throw around the word "facepalm" pretty loosely these days, but in this case...

SeerSGB April 26 2013 12:36 AM

What does it say about Classic Trek that the first thing people go too when a character utters a unusual or over the top line is "Must be time travel"?

Locutus of Bored April 26 2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Grup wrote: (Post 8002690)
Wouldn't this line from the first trailer lead us to believe that there is some amount of time travel? Returned from where?

Jersey

bryce April 26 2013 01:14 AM

Could mean, "You exiled me for my crimes...and now you will regret it, for I have returned!"

Could mean, "You thought I was gone, and you'd never have to deal with me again...but you were wrong, and now you will pay, for I have returned!"

Or it could mean "The Earth will tremble, for I have returned!! AND I AM KHAN NOONIAN SINGH!!"

Who knows. ('cept those lucky folks in Australia...)

bryce April 26 2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Locutus of Bored wrote: (Post 8003296)
Quote:

Jersey

Is that...worse than Detroit? ;)

Franklin April 26 2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jersey

Not Jersey. The Philippines.

Locutus of Bored April 26 2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

bryce wrote: (Post 8003323)
Quote:

Quote:

Jersey

Is that...worse than Detroit? ;)

Nothing's worse than Detroit.

Xaios April 26 2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jersey

I can understand why he'd want revenge against whoever sent him there.

The Keeper April 26 2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

bryce wrote: (Post 8003311)
Could mean, "You exiled me for my crimes...and now you will regret it, for I have returned!"

Could mean, "You thought I was gone, and you'd never have to deal with me again...but you were wrong, and now you will pay, for I have returned!"

Or it could mean "The Earth will tremble, for I have returned!! AND I AM KHAN NOONIAN SINGH!!"

Who knows. ('cept those lucky folks in Australia...)

Sure you don't know more than you're letting on? ;)