The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210544)

ScottDS April 24 2013 09:22 PM

"Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
From GNP Crescendo's Facebook page:

"Best of Both Worlds Expanded Edition will be available mid-May, exact date to be confirmed. Thanks to Lukas Kendall for production and Mark Banning for art."

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...44686278_n.jpg

Beta-Z April 25 2013 06:46 AM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
So here we have the reason why we are not getting separated music-only tracks on the BDs.
Nice, nice. :rolleyes:

Scotty April 25 2013 07:14 AM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Beta-Z wrote: (Post 7999180)
So here we have the reason why we are not getting separated music-only tracks on the BDs.
Nice, nice. :rolleyes:

I can think of only one tv show on Blu ray that has seperate music tracks and that's The Twilight Show. It's a very rare special feature. You can roll your eyes, but the fact is that the chance of these soundtracks being included was pretty much non existent from day one.

I wonder if this is worth getting when you already have the original GNP releases and the Ron Jones Project. It seems that I already have the complete score if I combine the cues from both releases.

Dream April 25 2013 07:19 AM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Beta-Z wrote: (Post 7999180)
So here we have the reason why we are not getting separated music-only tracks on the BDs.
Nice, nice. :rolleyes:

It's called "CBS wants to make more money".

Tosk April 25 2013 08:40 AM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
I'd be surprised if there is anything on this release that wasn't on the original + Ron Jones box. But it's good for anyone who doesn't have the old disc and/or expensive box set.

Jeyl April 25 2013 01:04 PM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 7999327)
I'd be surprised if there is anything on this release that wasn't on the original + Ron Jones box. But it's good for anyone who doesn't have the old disc and/or expensive box set.

The one thing everyone is expecting from this release is that the editing will incorporate the "5 minutes" of music from the Ron Jones set more seamlessly with everything else. The original release was very tight in it's track separation and some music would from one track would actually be played out for a whole second before the music from the current track would actually begin. If you were listening to the soundtrack from start to finish, that's not a problem. Unfortunately the 5 minutes of BoBW music actually occurs in between a couple of the original album tracks. So you'll have one track end abruptly, having the Ron Jones Box music play and when it ends, the next track will play the last second of the track previous before it before it starts normally.

Confused? I know I am. Here's hoping that we get more from this soundtrack release than what we got in either the original and the Ron Jones set.

Scotty April 25 2013 05:36 PM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Jeyl wrote: (Post 7999789)
Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 7999327)
I'd be surprised if there is anything on this release that wasn't on the original + Ron Jones box. But it's good for anyone who doesn't have the old disc and/or expensive box set.

The one thing everyone is expecting from this release is that the editing will incorporate the "5 minutes" of music from the Ron Jones set more seamlessly with everything else. The original release was very tight in it's track separation and some music would from one track would actually be played out for a whole second before the music from the current track would actually begin. If you were listening to the soundtrack from start to finish, that's not a problem. Unfortunately the 5 minutes of BoBW music actually occurs in between a couple of the original album tracks. So you'll have one track end abruptly, having the Ron Jones Box music play and when it ends, the next track will play the last second of the track previous before it before it starts normally.

Confused? I know I am. Here's hoping that we get more from this soundtrack release than what we got in either the original and the Ron Jones set.

I don't have that problem with my copy.

jb1234 April 25 2013 09:18 PM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Tosk wrote: (Post 7999327)
I'd be surprised if there is anything on this release that wasn't on the original + Ron Jones box. But it's good for anyone who doesn't have the old disc and/or expensive box set.

There's a few Act in and Act out cues still remain unreleased but nothing of note.

R. Star April 26 2013 08:43 AM

Re: "Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!
 
Quote:

Dream wrote: (Post 7999231)
Quote:

Beta-Z wrote: (Post 7999180)
So here we have the reason why we are not getting separated music-only tracks on the BDs.
Nice, nice. :rolleyes:

It's called "CBS wants to make more money".

Be sure to pay 90 bucks for the bluray version of season 1 so you can listen to Picard lecture about how primitive and evil capitalism is! :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.