The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Chris Hemsworth (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210298)

Dale Sams April 23 2013 03:56 PM

Chris Hemsworth
 
You know how actors talk about how hard it is to make it big, and before their big breakout roles, they do a lot of little stuff you never hear about...now it's true he did a lot of stuff in Australia, but man did he hit the ground running in the States.

Kirk's dad, Thor, Cabin in the Woods, Red Dawn...and I still haven't heard his natural accent and probably wouldn't recognize him if I saw him in real life.

trekkiebaggio April 23 2013 04:17 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
He had a small role in a film which starred Timothy Olyphant, Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn - A Perfect Getaway, too.

Captaindemotion April 23 2013 05:17 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Wasn't he also in Home and Away?

Sagart April 23 2013 10:57 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
This was when I met him at the Avengers première. He came across as a really nice bloke.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...4f35bf0520.jpg

feek61 April 23 2013 11:41 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Sagart wrote: (Post 7991362)
This was when I met him at the Avengers première. He came across as a really nice bloke.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...4f35bf0520.jpg

Is he on the left or on the right?? :)



When he first moved to the states he was the roommate of one of my daughters friends. Small world!

od0_ital April 24 2013 02:05 AM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Dale Sams wrote: (Post 7988944)
... Kirk's dad, Thor, Cabin in the Woods, Red Dawn...

To be fair, Cabin in the Woods was made a couple of years ago & shelved and Red Dawn also had its release delayed.

Hanukkah Solo April 24 2013 05:56 AM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

od0_ital wrote: (Post 7992295)
Quote:

Dale Sams wrote: (Post 7988944)
... Kirk's dad, Thor, Cabin in the Woods, Red Dawn...

To be fair, Cabin in the Woods was made a couple of years ago & shelved and Red Dawn also had its release delayed.

I think Dale's point was that Hemsworth got all of those jobs very quickly after he arrived in Hollywood.

Tulin April 24 2013 12:30 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Uuuummmmm..........he was on "Home and Away" for YEARS!!!!

While I used to think he was MAJOR eye candy, his resonant deep voice was actually, at times hard to understand(and yes, I am an Aussie). I remember one scene that I rewound about five times because I ACTUALLY COULD NOT understand what he said!

Dale Sams April 24 2013 03:37 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Tulin wrote: (Post 7994242)
Uuuummmmm..........he was on "Home and Away" for YEARS!!!!

Quote:

now it's true he did a lot of stuff in Australia, but man did he hit the ground running in the States.
See above.

js April 24 2013 03:56 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
One of the local stations randomly runs an Australian children's show called "The Saddle Club". I was channel surfing one day a few months back and stopped on it as this young guy guest-starring on it looked incredibly familiar. Could it be? I imdb'd it and yes, that was a very young Chris Hemsworth. Recognizable even from ten years ago!

But just from his brief scene in Trek, I knew that guy was gonna be a superstar - you couldn't take your eyes off him when he was onscreen. And he was emotionally compelling in such a small role.

Samurai8472 April 24 2013 04:25 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Skywalker wrote: (Post 7993369)
think Dale's point was that Hemsworth got all of those jobs very quickly after he arrived in Hollywood.


He's basically what Sam Worthington could have been

;)


Also had Heath Ledger not died, I could see him as Thor.

sojourner April 24 2013 05:24 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
What's the old addage? "worked for years in the industry before becoming an over night success"?

Lt. Cheka Wey April 24 2013 08:25 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Sagart wrote: (Post 7991362)
This was when I met him at the Avengers première. He came across as a really nice bloke.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...4f35bf0520.jpg

You look like a young a Morgan Bateson.

Ho Ho Homeier May 4 2013 10:43 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Yeah. They're both guys.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...psd331fa55.jpg

A young Kelsey Grammer, and Sagart.

Aragorn May 4 2013 11:03 PM

Re: Chris Hemsworth
 
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7995178)
He's basically what Sam Worthington could have been

;)

Worthington still gets to make the Avatar sequels in between his bad movies before he becomes the next Josh Lucas.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.