The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is it wrong... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210046)

Data Holmes April 21 2013 08:34 AM

Is it wrong...

Is it wrong that for my birthday today, all I want is to sleep late, do nothing, and not be bothered/annoyed by anyone?

Roger Wilco April 21 2013 08:57 AM

Re: Is is wrong...

I don't care about celebrating my birthday either. Although it's always nice to get a cake. ;)

eta: happy birthday.

Locutus of Bored April 21 2013 09:00 AM

You can try hiding out in your home Runner, but the Sandmen are gonna get you eventually. ;) Nice avatar, BTW. I'm assuming that means you're turning 30?

No, there's nothing wrong with that, if that's what you want to do.

Happy birthday.

Brent April 21 2013 09:21 AM

No it's not wrong

On my birthday last year I wanted the same, my sister et all wanted to take me out to dinner, I told them I didn't feel like going anywhere and just wanted to stay home and eat ice cream and watch a movie, guess what I did, I stayed home. I didn't want to be bothered, I didn't' want to go anywhere, and I didn't want anyone to call me. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Sparky April 21 2013 09:36 AM

All I want is to have my birthday be an ordinary day. I don't want cards, gifts etc. I find it amusing that other people think the day of my birth is actually worth acknowledging, let alone celebrating. It's one out of 365 or so days, whats the big deal?

RJDiogenes April 21 2013 10:36 AM

http://home.comcast.net/~RJDiogenes/BirthdayCake.gif

I'm getting the best of both worlds. My birthday party will be Saturday, when I will get a big birthday breakfast and all my presents. My actual birthday will be on Wednesday, when I will sit around the shanty, mama, with some Twisted Tea and a good book or two. Maybe a DVD. Very likely a stroll in the Blue Hills or something.

Quote:

Locutus of Bored wrote: (Post 7977637)
You can try hiding out in your home Runner, but the Sandmen are gonna get you eventually. ;) Nice avatar, BTW. I'm assuming that means you're turning 30?

Depends on if he's a fan of the book or the movie. But I'm guessing 30. :rommie:

MacLeod April 21 2013 11:16 AM

No it's not wrong.

teacake April 21 2013 11:28 AM

On my birthday I want TONS of PRESENTS!! And some very expensive drinks. And green tea cake.

I'm easy to please.

iguana_tonante April 21 2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Data Holmes wrote: (Post 7977583)
Is it wrong that for my birthday today, all I want is to sleep late, do nothing, and not be bothered/annoyed by anyone?

Then what are you doing here? :p

Mr. Laser Beam April 21 2013 01:23 PM

I got a new lawn mower for my birthday (which is next month). I'm also easy to please.

Rhaven April 21 2013 01:31 PM

In any case, happy birthday. Since it is your day, do nothing if that's what you want.

Count Zero April 21 2013 06:52 PM

If that's what you want you should do that, Data. You aren't obligated to do something just because it's your birthday. However, you only turn 30 once and I threw a party when I did.
Personally, I prefer to do something nice on my birthday, even if I do it by myself, e.g. going to the cinema.

Anyway, happy birthday!

Rhubarbodendron April 21 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Data Holmes wrote: (Post 7977583)

Naah, it's only human. Nice try at fishing for congrats, btw :D
Happy new year!

The Mirrorball Man April 21 2013 07:35 PM

It's not wrong but on the other hand, if sleeping and doing nothing is your idea of a good time, maybe it would be interesting to check if you are suffering from depression.

BillJ April 21 2013 07:45 PM

Happy Birthday. :techman: