The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Cover & Blurb for Dayton Ward's "From History's Shadow" (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=210025)

Avro Arrow April 21 2013 03:14 AM

Cover & Blurb for Dayton Ward's "From History's Shadow"

OK, not sure how I missed hearing about this one, but apparently Dayton Ward has an upcoming book called From History's Shadow. I just saw the cover and blurb here on The Trek Collective.

I have to say, I'm really excited about this one. A Star Trek take on Majestic 12 and the Roswell/UFO "conspiracy"? Sounds like a lot of fun... can't wait!

(I never thought about it before, but I guess based on "Little Green Men", in the Trek world, the conspiracy was real!)

And that retro-looking cover is all kinds of awesome!

The article on The Trek Collective doesn't mention a release date, and neither Memory Alpha or Beta seem to have this one listed. Anyone know when this one comes out?

(The linked article also has the blurb for A Choice of Futures, but Christopher has already posted that one in the thread for that book.)

Sakrysta April 21 2013 03:25 AM

Re: Cover & Blurb for Dayton Ward's "From History's Shadow"

That cover is all manner of shiny. :techman:

DeVario April 21 2013 03:45 AM

I really like that cover, and the story sounds like it will be very interesting. As for the release date, I'm pretty sure it will be August, the month after A Choice of Futures.

Christopher April 21 2013 03:56 AM

That's a neat cover, and an interesting story. It sounds like it might not be in continuity with Forgotten History, though, depending on how immediately it follows "Assignment: Earth."

tomswift2002 April 21 2013 03:59 AM

I like the cover. It's a lot better than the bland cover for ROTF that's below it.

But besides "Little Green Men", Star Trek has another connection to AREA 51. Jonathan Frakes made a documentary on Roswell back in the late-90's. As far as I know, it has only been released on DVD by Front Row Entertainment with poor audio quality (the audio is very muffled).

As for continuity, I was thinking more of the Greg Cox continuity from the "Assignment:Eternity" and the Eugenics Wars books.

Christopher April 21 2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

tomswift2002 wrote: (Post 7977061)
Jonathan Frakes made a documentary on Roswell back in the late-90's.

And was an executive producer and frequent director on the TV series Roswell.

Quote:

As for continuity, I was thinking more of the Greg Cox continuity from the "Assignment:Eternity" and the Eugenics Wars books.
Which are part of the same overall novel continuity as the DTI novels.

Enterprise is Great April 21 2013 07:12 AM

The Observers are invading the Star Trek universe now! Where Fringe Division?

Nice cover , btw. :techman::techman:

Allyn Gibson April 21 2013 02:18 PM

The mention of Majestic 12 leads me to wonder if Cryptosporidium-136 will have a cameo in the book. :)

The Wormhole April 21 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Avro Arrow wrote: (Post 7976893)
The article on The Trek Collective doesn't mention a release date, and neither Memory Alpha or Beta seem to have this one listed. Anyone know when this one comes out?

It's supposed to be the August book (meaning it'll be out the last Tuesday of July).

It is a nice cover, and something I saw on the blurb:

Quote:

Incredibly, one of the infiltrators is a Vulcan, who asserts that hes lived among Earth's population for over a decade.
My guess is that's supposed to be Mistral from Carbon Creek.

Lonemagpie April 21 2013 04:15 PM

I love that cover.

Allyn Gibson April 21 2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Lonemagpie wrote: (Post 7978423)
I love that cover.

I look at it, and I can hear a theremin. :)

Reanok April 21 2013 04:23 PM

:techman:I like that cover. And to have Roberta Lincoln in the novel great to have her character return in another TOS novel. This is Definitely a novel I plan on getting.

DS9forever April 21 2013 05:14 PM

This isn't the first time that the author has focused on the subject; Ward wrote "The Aliens Are Coming!" for SNW, which featured John Christopher from "Tomorrow is Yesterday" and Wainwright (now working for Project Sign) from "Little Green Men".

JD April 21 2013 08:42 PM

I love that cover, I'd put it up there as one of my all time favroites. The story sounds really cool. I was interested in this before, but now I am very excited. I am curious if it will take the Euegenics Wars books into account. I'm hoping it will since most have Dayton's books have been part of the novelverse continuity.

BillJ April 21 2013 09:54 PM

I wish the non-TOS book covers were as creative...