The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It's official: Dexter Season 8 is the Final Season (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=209866)

Enterprise is Great April 18 2013 09:15 PM

It's official: Dexter Season 8 is the Final Season

ew.com

It probably should've ended a couple of seasons back.

The question is will Dexter make it out of the season alive? Or imprisoned or dead? If he dies will Deb kill him?

Emh April 18 2013 10:36 PM

Re: It's official: Dexter Season 8 is the Final Season

Glad it's finally officially official.

Great clip at the bottom of the article. I hope the rest of the season as tense as that scene.

Ayelbourne April 19 2013 03:14 AM

June 30th? Why so soon this time and not end of September as usual?

Saga April 19 2013 03:54 AM

is it really for reals the final season again?

bigdaddy April 19 2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Ayelbourne wrote: (Post 7966816)
June 30th? Why so soon this time and not end of September as usual?

Homeland is such a hit that they want to have a new show start after it. So dying Dexter is in the summer and Homeland will take Dexter's 9pm slot and some new show will be on at 10pm.

Captain Craig April 19 2013 05:23 PM

I actually feel each season has been very strong. Even it's "weaker" seasons have been above average television viewing.

Looking forward to seeing how they conclude the series.

JirinPanthosa April 19 2013 08:40 PM

I stopped watching after season 4 because I hated Ghost Harry and because they had to make Dexter incompetent for the whole season to justify the entire plot.

I have heard what's gone on in future seasons. What I've heard makes no sense with established character traits. They've been in 'Reaching' territory since season 3 or so. The show lost its visual distinctiveness and creativeness after season 1. They never had anything nearly as cool as the hand suspended in ice or the blood-soaked room after season 1, and also all the characters moved away from their original personalities toward the center.

Still a great season 1 and good season 2, though.

Dream April 19 2013 10:10 PM

It's going to be the final season UNTIL they see the ratings for next season. Afterward they'll give the show two more seasons to wrap things up! :p

Random_Spock April 19 2013 11:03 PM

Looking forward to the season starting. Hopefully they can keep up the pace that they've had through last season.

auntiehill April 21 2013 05:56 AM

I think it's time they end it, once and for all. There needs to be some resolution, one way or another.

Harvey April 21 2013 06:16 AM

I bailed on the show after seasons 5 and 6, which were abysmal. Even the third and fourth seasons, which were adequate, mostly hinged on big guest stars (Jimmy Smitts and John Lithgow) rather than the careful plotting and character development of the first two seasons.

After reading about the further decline in the seventh season, I think I will find out about the finale in the same fashion I found out about season seven -- by reading the reviews.

Kegg April 21 2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Harvey wrote: (Post 7977412)
After reading about the further decline in the seventh season, I think I will find out about the finale in the same fashion I found out about season seven -- by reading the reviews.

I'm still watching season seven, but this is the first I've heard of 'further decline.' It's a distinct improvement on season six (which is not hard) and is easily the best season since the fourth.

Harvey April 23 2013 03:36 AM

What I read about season seven indicated it had a strong beginning -- and then fell completely off the rails. But, I haven't seen it, obviously.

Captain Craig April 23 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Harvey wrote: (Post 7986718)
What I read about season seven indicated it had a strong beginning -- and then fell completely off the rails. But, I haven't seen it, obviously.

Was that an editorial write up somewhere? I'd be curious to read it as I totally disagree with it.

I enjoyed S7. Deb has an interesting arc and how the season ends for her has to spill over into S8. She's a very changed person.

Savage Dragon April 23 2013 06:58 PM

^At this point she's got to be almost suicidal.