The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=209734)

Kelthaz April 17 2013 09:04 PM

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2

Yup. We're getting a new Zelda game set in the same game world as Link to the Past. An actual sequel to the best Zelda game of all time.

R. Star April 17 2013 09:24 PM

Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2

Well the 2d overview left me scratching my head at first as it seemed a step back, but they sold it to me right up until... you can also transform into a drawing on the wall. :p

billcosby April 17 2013 09:50 PM

Hands down the best fucking news I've heard in a while!
Unless Disney buys it and cancels it, it'll be a gem. A Link To The Past was never bested by any other game in the series. (Although I haven't played Skyward Sword).
Gotta get a 3DS now!

Infern0 April 18 2013 04:43 AM

I don't LOVE the art direction, from this brief glimpse.

But i'll probably LOVE the game when it comes out.

dub April 18 2013 05:45 AM

Think they'll make a wii version? Also, I wonder when the big LOTR-like Zelda movie will be made? It's gotta happen sooner or later!

Reverend April 18 2013 08:17 AM

While this is good news....I must admit I had a hard time keeping a straight face when he said "...a new original story." I mean come on. If it were different, it wouldn't be Zelda. ;)

CorporalCaptain April 18 2013 08:27 AM

Awesome!

Kaijufan April 18 2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

dub wrote: (Post 7962145)
Think they'll make a wii version? Also, I wonder when the big LOTR-like Zelda movie will be made? It's gotta happen sooner or later!

Nintendo isn't making games for the Wii anymore. I would guess a Wii U version is unlikely as well, since they are releasing Wind Waker HD for the Wii U later this year.

Kelthaz April 19 2013 12:20 AM

I'm just glad they're finally ditching the shitty stylus controls. Buttons and a D-pad -- that's all you need.

The Squire of Gothos April 28 2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Kelthaz wrote: (Post 7966105)
I'm just glad they're finally ditching the shitty stylus controls. Buttons and a D-pad -- that's all you need.

Do the XL versions of the various DS models lend themselves any better to non-stylus controls? I tried a few GBA games on my DS Lite and had to go back to my GBA after a while, the rectangular form just wasn't comfortable enough.