The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Better movie idea than Nemesis (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=209635)

lordbaltimore1 April 16 2013 08:49 PM

Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Set it on DS9.

Include the best of the cast from TNG, VOY, and DS9.

Lots of awesome stuff you could do with that. On a side note, is anyone else disappointed that there's zero Cardassian appearances in the TNG films? That they were series-long anagonists in DS9 but somehow not good enough for a film seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

Joker April 16 2013 09:03 PM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Not really feeling it.

Shazam! April 16 2013 09:05 PM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

lordbaltimore1 wrote: (Post 7953985)
Lots of awesome stuff you could do with that.

Like what?

R. Star April 16 2013 09:10 PM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Like have no budget for effects since you have three expensive casts? No screen time for everyone since you have three crews crammed into one movie? I'd love a DS9 movie, but the crossover stuff is best saved for the novels and fanfictions.

Danger Ace April 16 2013 09:43 PM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

lordbaltimore1 wrote: (Post 7953985)
Set it on DS9.

Include the best of the cast from TNG, VOY, and DS9.

Lots of awesome stuff you could do with that. On a side note, is anyone else disappointed that there's zero Cardassian appearances in the TNG films? That they were series-long anagonists in DS9 but somehow not good enough for a film seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. Your idea is very doable.

Do it like Peter Jackson's The Fellowship of Rings trilogy. One 6 1/2 hr. mega-epic story shot all at once then broken into 3 parts and released one per year. Financing could from an efficient Kickstart campaign. :techman:

To be clear, since we are talking the "best," Morn (with his deep soulful and expressive gaze) from DS9 would be included, right? Maybe as a scruffy rogue captain of a pirate ship!

Dr. Sevrin April 17 2013 01:46 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

lordbaltimore1 wrote: (Post 7953985)
Set it on DS9.

Include the best of the cast from TNG, VOY, and DS9.

Lots of awesome stuff you could do with that. On a side note, is anyone else disappointed that there's zero Cardassian appearances in the TNG films? That they were series-long anagonists in DS9 but somehow not good enough for a film seems like a huge wasted opportunity.

Well a lot of good this does us now! Where were you in 2001 before they started filming what we got? ;)

But look at your premise. You've got characters and a possible central setting. But where's the story? What's the awesome stuff you want to see? Sure, we say we'd pay to hear Patrick Stewart read the dictionary, but do we want to see that?

CaptainStoner April 17 2013 01:56 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
It starts out the same wedding, but with a few crossover characters. Data doesn't sing. Wesley gets drunk with Worf. They have sex. Things get awkward. Geordi gets really bitchy. The Enterprise gets a distress call from DS9. Massive space battle ensues. Enterprise rescued by Titan, Data dies, Spot gets blown out an airlock - CREDITS

Lindemann's Catch April 17 2013 01:59 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
The conflicts with the Cardassians had been played out.

EnsignRedshirt April 17 2013 02:34 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

CaptainStoner wrote: (Post 7955485)
It starts out the same wedding, but with a few crossover characters. Data doesn't sing. Wesley gets drunk with Worf. They have sex. Things get awkward. Geordi gets really bitchy. The Enterprise gets a distress call from DS9. Massive space battle ensues. Enterprise rescued by Titan, Data dies, Spot gets blown out an airlock - CREDITS

I'd contribute for the Kickstarter for that.

sonak April 17 2013 02:39 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
watching Captain Picard have a bowel movement while reading " amateur archaeologist monthly" magazine would have been a better idea than the NEM premise.

CaptainStoner April 17 2013 02:57 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
In my screenplay, one of Deanna's quotable moments is, "It's our wedding, Wil, and all anyone cares about is Wesley's tender butthole!"

Dr. Sevrin April 17 2013 03:07 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

CaptainStoner wrote: (Post 7955485)
. . .Wesley gets drunk with Worf. They have sex. Things get awkward. . .

Because Wesley was the top.

Danger Ace April 17 2013 03:12 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7955809)
Quote:

CaptainStoner wrote: (Post 7955485)
. . .Wesley gets drunk with Worf. They have sex. Things get awkward. . .

Because Wesley was the top.

And often ignored Worf when he would scream out his safeword (which I believe was: Razzmatazz).

Dr. Sevrin April 17 2013 03:20 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

Danger Ace wrote: (Post 7955827)
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7955809)
Quote:

CaptainStoner wrote: (Post 7955485)
. . .Wesley gets drunk with Worf. They have sex. Things get awkward. . .

Because Wesley was the top.

And often ignored Worf when he would scream out his safeword (which I believe was: Razzmatazz).

While Wesley taunted him with, "For honor and glory!"

Danger Ace April 17 2013 03:22 AM

Re: Better movie idea than Nemesis
 
Quote:

Pondwater wrote: (Post 7955509)
The conflicts with the Cardassians had been played out.

Not if they introduced Billi-Jakk Dukat (a lean, mean, Starfleet ass-kicking machine) along with his cousin who happened to be named Chuck Norris, Cardassian Ranger.

Can I hear a, "HELL-YA!" :devil:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.