The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PSY Gentleman. Will it be an international hit? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=209446)

EmoBorg April 15 2013 05:36 AM

PSY Gentleman. Will it be an international hit?

Will Gentleman be the next international hit for the South Korean Rapper PSY after his last hit Gangnam Style.

The video link is below

https://i2.ytimg.com/vi/ASO_zypdnsQ/hqdefault.jpg

Bah Humbug April 15 2013 05:43 AM

Re: PSY Gentleman. Will it be an international hit?

Who knows. Even the Macarena was a hit for some reason. I'm going to try to ignore this one too.

The Mirrorball Man April 15 2013 05:50 AM

It already is an international hit. It won't be nearly as successful as Gangnam Style, though.

sojourner April 15 2013 05:50 AM

Looks like MC Hammer has found work as his fashion consultant.

Spot's Meow April 15 2013 06:05 AM

I think I'm the only person on the planet that hasn't seen the Gangnam style video. Apparently there's a dance where people look like they are riding a horse while a stick is up their ass. I don't know whether Gentleman will be an international hit, but I can say for sure that I won't be paying attention after I finish writing this post.

auntiehill April 15 2013 06:26 AM

FUCK, that's annoying.

Santa Claus April 15 2013 06:44 AM

I think it will be a lesser hit. I've seen it, I liked it, but it's not quite as catchy as "Gangnam Style."

teacake April 15 2013 09:25 AM

This man excels at taking the piss :guffaw:

He's like some kind of Kpop troll demon.

ElimParra April 15 2013 09:51 AM

Less of a hit. Listened to 30 seconds of that shit. Talk about more crap.

Yoda April 15 2013 10:40 AM

Hey if he's going to keep putting gaggles of Korean hotties in his videos, then I'm going to keep watching 'em

Eyes April 15 2013 11:42 AM

It's quite OK (mother father gentleman *.*) but is not as iconic as Gangnam Style, and the video, while fun is a bit of a cheap rehash.

It will probably do well but it won't get to anywhere near the same level of remembrance (like Eiffel 65 and Aqua have other hits but no-one remembers anything aside from Blue and Barbie Girl). I can live with this, I'm just really waiting for proper K-Pop to break through internationally, dammit.

Wintertainment April 15 2013 12:04 PM

hopefully it'll be like when the numa numa guy did another song and it was just really sad and everybody decided the best course of action was to ignore him

Yuletide Caroler April 15 2013 12:06 PM

Nice production values.

teacake April 15 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Eyes wrote: (Post 7946293)
It's quite OK (mother father gentleman *.*) but is not as iconic as Gangnam Style, and the video, while fun is a bit of a cheap rehash.

You mean like.. the ELEVATOR?!
Quote:

It will probably do well but it won't get to anywhere near the same level of remembrance (like Eiffel 65 and Aqua have other hits but no-one remembers anything aside from Blue and Barbie Girl).
Hey I have ALL of Aqua and I remember everything, EVERY DAMN THING.
Quote:

I can live with this, I'm just really waiting for proper K-Pop to break through internationally, dammit.
I'm doing my best posting my Kpop ass off. People, they will listen eventually. The real mystery to me is how people can love 80's pop (which is great) and yet turn their nose up at 21st century pop. Luddites :scream:

Yuletide Caroler April 15 2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 7946392)
The real mystery to me is how people can love 80's pop (which is great) and yet turn their nose up at 21st century pop. Luddites :scream:

You expect me to enjoy pop without parachute pants, legwarmers and mullets using two cans of hairspray?

Insanity!