The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208840)

Green Lantern April 10 2013 03:44 PM

What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
If you were in charge of doctor who and you had to write Matt Smith's swan-song, what would you do for the episode? Would you use old or new villains? what pace would you go with it? Would you make it a huge celebration of Smith's era, or just a standard one? Discuss!
__________________________________________________ ___
For me, I'd have a classic villain. If Idris Elba was ever the doctor and I was writing his last episode. I'd do a Dalek invasion of Earth. Full on. It's be based on 28 Weeks Later, but basically with Daleks instead. Not sure how that'd translate with Smith though.

Maybe I'd bring back the Timelords for good this time. I like using the Master, but I feel he'd been over-used in regeneration stories (Keeper of Traken/Logopilis/Castravava, The Trial of a Timelord: the Ultimate Foe, the 1996 movie, and the End of Time). However although the Daleks are the most famous enemies, they've only been used once in a regenerations story, and that's Ecclestons Parting of ways and Bad wolf (you could also count Troughtons first episode though).

Maybe I'd revisit the Asylum of the Daleks concept, but do it properly this time by Making it a milestone for doctor who.

Could use the cybermen again, only used in the tenth planet and would honour the fiftieth anniversary well by using the same villains as were used in the first regeneration story.

RoJoHen April 10 2013 04:03 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I think I'd have it be a River-centric episode, where she sees the end of his life (much like he saw her die in The Library). Make it the last River episode ever. I know she's probably traveled around with future Doctor's but to me her story will be forever tied to the Eleventh Doctor, so even though she knows other Doctors, we don't necessarily need to see it.

I'd even mix things up and make it a quieter, more character-driven story. Lay off the sonic screwdriver and the running and the big monsters. Make it more personal.

OmahaStar April 10 2013 07:06 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Oh, that's easy ... The Doctor, Captain Jack, Rory, Alonso, Ross Jenkins, Doctor 10.5, and 60s-era Jamie decide to get together and make gay porn.

Ok, ok, it "probably" won't happen ... but we never know!

Green Lantern April 10 2013 07:21 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 7924699)
I think I'd have it be a River-centric episode, where she sees the end of his life (much like he saw her die in The Library). Make it the last River episode ever. I know she's probably traveled around with future Doctor's but to me her story will be forever tied to the Eleventh Doctor, so even though she knows other Doctors, we don't necessarily need to see it.

I'd even mix things up and make it a quieter, more character-driven story. Lay off the sonic screwdriver and the running and the big monsters. Make it more personal.

I wouldn't have a River centric episode, but maybe she should be in it. Why not make her the dominant companion for a couple of episodes and dump Clara off at home for a few episodes like Martha, but she'd go back to being the main companion after. It'd be fun to see Clara's reaction to the doctor changing.

And yeah, I'd make it the last River episode. What I'd like to do to make sure she'd not come back is make it so she's wearing her space suit she did in the 10th doctor story and she reveals "I'm going on a mission for a while, we'll see each other again" although the doctor knows he won't, which would bring in a nice tragic element to the episode.

But I wouldn't have a quiet one. It'd be a big episode. Maybe we'd see the origin of the real cybermen, I'd love to see an episode of doctor who one day where we see the cybermen before and after their transformation into cybermen. We'd get to see the old cloth face ones again, but they'd have to make it more realistic by making the human hands sort of greenish so we know there's no blood flow, and there'd be like small fragments of blood on their cloth faces left over from operating. Maybe that'd serve as a great regeneration episode. I know the title would be parodying, but Genesis of the Cybermen would work as the title.

I wouldn't want her to know any of the other doctors. I'd like it to remain that it's just 11 and at the end of her life, 10 that she knew.

RoJoHen April 10 2013 07:24 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I do like the idea of having a kind of "closing arc" for River. Give her a string of 3 or 4 episodes where she is the only companion, and then end her story.

Sindatur April 10 2013 07:30 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 7925341)
Oh, that's easy ... The Doctor, Captain Jack, Rory, Alonso, Ross Jenkins, Doctor 10.5, and 60s-era Jamie decide to get together and make gay porn.

Ok, ok, it "probably" won't happen ... but we never know!

You forgot Jeff (Tom Hopper) from The Eleventh Hour

Relayer1 April 10 2013 08:33 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I'd have the 8th Doctor in it...how about if the regeneration 'misfired' ?

Green Lantern April 10 2013 09:00 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

RoJoHen wrote: (Post 7925482)
I do like the idea of having a kind of "closing arc" for River. Give her a string of 3 or 4 episodes where she is the only companion, and then end her story.

Yeah, that's about right.

OmahaStar April 11 2013 01:52 AM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

Sindatur wrote: (Post 7925521)
Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 7925341)
Oh, that's easy ... The Doctor, Captain Jack, Rory, Alonso, Ross Jenkins, Doctor 10.5, and 60s-era Jamie decide to get together and make gay porn.

Ok, ok, it "probably" won't happen ... but we never know!

You forgot Jeff (Tom Hopper) from The Eleventh Hour

Someone's been reading my letter to Santa!

Starkers April 11 2013 08:31 AM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I'd be tempted to make it small scale, more Androzani less The End of Time and ooh aren't I brilliant!

No giant Dalek invasions, no farewell tour, no saving the Universe. I'd have 11 sacrifice himself to save a single child, I think that'd sum up Smith's tenure rather well.

Professor Zoom April 11 2013 05:18 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 7928680)
I'd be tempted to make it small scale, more Androzani less The End of Time and ooh aren't I brilliant!

No giant Dalek invasions, no farewell tour, no saving the Universe. I'd have 11 sacrifice himself to save a single child, I think that'd sum up Smith's tenure rather well.

See, that feels like 10 sacrificing himself to save Wilf.

OmahaStar April 11 2013 08:50 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

Professor Zoom wrote: (Post 7930087)
Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 7928680)
I'd be tempted to make it small scale, more Androzani less The End of Time and ooh aren't I brilliant!

No giant Dalek invasions, no farewell tour, no saving the Universe. I'd have 11 sacrifice himself to save a single child, I think that'd sum up Smith's tenure rather well.

See, that feels like 10 sacrificing himself to save Wilf.

9 sacrificed himself to save Rose. 5 sacrificed himself to save Peri. It could happen again.

I still like my idea better. :D :evil:

Tom April 11 2013 09:29 PM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I'm tired of the whole River thing we don't need anymore from her. The 11th Doctor had 200 years to travel on and off again with her we really don't need anymore. Hopefully when 11 leaves, Moffet will to and we can go in a new direction with 12.

Psion April 12 2013 01:11 AM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
I'm actually tired of seeing the regeneration. Hold a couple of Matt Smith episodes in reserve and just start airing the next Doctor's episodes without any explanation. Hit the ground running with a new Doctor and a new companion and none of the usual Regeneration tropes.

Then, air one of the Smith episodes. Maybe it has a few teases about Eleven facing something big.

Then, back to Twelve.

Keep going like this for at least a year. This keeps the formula fresh, the audiences buzzing, and the Doctor's age unknown.

Then reveal we haven't been watching Twelve at all. It was the Thirteenth Doctor!

Professor Zoom April 12 2013 02:35 AM

Re: What ould you do for Matt Smith's last episode/s?
 
Quote:

OmahaStar wrote: (Post 7931131)
Quote:

Professor Zoom wrote: (Post 7930087)
Quote:

Starkers wrote: (Post 7928680)
I'd be tempted to make it small scale, more Androzani less The End of Time and ooh aren't I brilliant!

No giant Dalek invasions, no farewell tour, no saving the Universe. I'd have 11 sacrifice himself to save a single child, I think that'd sum up Smith's tenure rather well.

See, that feels like 10 sacrificing himself to save Wilf.

9 sacrificed himself to save Rose. 5 sacrificed himself to save Peri. It could happen again.

I still like my idea better. :D :evil:

I guess the BBC could move it to a post watershed showing...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.