The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208786)

BlueStuff April 10 2013 12:20 AM

Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Just out of curiosity. Who was the Wesley Crusher of DS9? This show has many beloved characters but who did fans dislike?

Relayer1 April 10 2013 12:27 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
I didn't hate anyone on DS9. I wasn't keen on Sisko and Jake at first, but I grew to like them.

I saved my hate for Janeway and Tuvok !

flemm April 10 2013 01:17 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

BlueStuff wrote: (Post 7922095)
Just out of curiosity. Who was the Wesley Crusher of DS9? This show has many beloved characters but who did fans dislike?

I'm not sure that it's really comparable to Wesley, but I think Bashir was the character that tended to register as least popular among the regular cast while the show was on the air.

HGN2001 April 10 2013 01:26 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
I didn't really "hate" any character, nor even dislike. I remember the mentions of fans' disfavor of Julian, but that was even echoed in the storyline.

I did come to not look forward to shows centered around Quark and the Ferengi stories, but even they had their moments.

Jake was never an irritant like Wesley was in those first-season episodes. Sisko took some getting used to, but he turned out just fine.

Early on, I had a hard time grabbing onto all of the Bajoran religion mumbo jumbo, but again, after awhile, it turned out just fine and added a lot to the overall story.

Harry

Captain Kathryn April 10 2013 01:56 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
I am almost done Season 2, but so far I do not hate any of the characters.

Sometimes it seems like Sisko can be a bit monotone-sounding at times, but he is certainly not a bad commander and he seems to be a good father and all that. He could use a little more...zing? But all in all, I do not dislike him or anyone.

This would be my pecking order from fave to least fave (only judging on Seasons 1 and 2 though!)
-Odo
-O'Brien
-Kira
-Quark
-Garak (Dude should have gotten more screen time. He's awesome.)
-Bashir
-Sisko
-Dax (I haven't gotten to any episodes with Ezri Dax, but so far I like Jadzia. I am sad to hear she will be killed... :weep:)
-Jake (Er...I have nothing against him...he's just not a main focus of many episodes so far lol.)


I guess Nog...I don't like that much. And O'Brien's wife is a little one-dimensional although their baby is ADORABLE.

t_smitts April 10 2013 03:33 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

Captain Kathryn wrote: (Post 7922506)
I guess Nog...I don't like that much.

I won't spoil it for you, but there's a BIG change for Nog in season 3 that'll probably surprise you, but I think worked really well.

Captain Nebula April 10 2013 04:12 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

BlueStuff wrote: (Post 7922095)
Just out of curiosity. Who was the Wesley Crusher of DS9? This show has many beloved characters but who did fans dislike?

Some may have started out with a funky character concept, but I think everyone except O'Brien's personality changed before the end of the series.

I found both Rom and Leeta a bit annoying right up 'til the end, even though the Ferengi shows were always funny. Rom's personality after season 3 always made me think of Gilligan from Gilligan's Island. Sometimes funny, sometimes just odd.

Worf needed to lighten up. Some of the episodes leading up to the marriage were very annoying. Even General Martok pointed it out.

JirinPanthosa April 10 2013 04:16 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
I would have guessed Rom, or maybe Bashir.

Plus at the very beginning a lot of people probably hated Kira.

Captain Kathryn April 10 2013 04:18 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

t_smitts wrote: (Post 7922854)
Quote:

Captain Kathryn wrote: (Post 7922506)
I guess Nog...I don't like that much.

I won't spoil it for you, but there's a BIG change for Nog in season 3 that'll probably surprise you, but I think worked really well.

Ooo cool. I'm almost at Season 3 actually. :D

Melakon April 10 2013 04:32 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Rom and Nog were my least favorites at the beginning, because it was like a double act of dumbasses. Either they mellowed or I did. Ferengi Three Stooges might have been interesting, though that usually happened any time more than 2 Ferengi were in a scene.

Shanndee April 10 2013 04:45 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Bashir annoyed me to no end, even after he and O'Brien became friends! (Although their friendship was one of my favourite relationships on the series).

This will be unpopular, but the character I resented the most was Ezri Dax. I felt they wasted too much time on a new character when they had really important plots to tie up by the end of the series. I won't say any more so as not to spoil Captain Kathryn!

Captain Kathryn April 10 2013 04:48 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7923007)
Rom and Nog were my least favorites at the beginning, because it was like a double act of dumbasses. Either they mellowed or I did. Ferengi Three Stooges might have been interesting, though that usually happened any time more than 2 Ferengi were in a scene.

Yeah, but I have a soft spot for the Ferengi. They make for good humor and Quark definitely helped Odo all those times without meaning to. :lol:

But yeah the fact that Quark was the most intelligent out of the threesome of Ferengi was kind of troubling haha.

Captain Kathryn April 10 2013 04:52 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

Shanndee wrote: (Post 7923052)
Bashir annoyed me to no end, even after he and O'Brien became friends! (Although their friendship was one of my favourite relationships on the series).

This will be unpopular, but the character I resented the most was Ezri Dax. I felt they wasted too much time on a new character when they had really important plots to tie up by the end of the series. I won't say any more so as not to spoil Captain Kathryn!

Sorry! :D

Melakon April 10 2013 04:53 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

Captain Kathryn wrote: (Post 7923064)
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7923007)
blah. . .bla-blah-blah. . .

Yeah, but I have a soft spot for the Ferengi. They make for good humor and Quark definitely helped Odo all those times without meaning to. :lol:

But yeah the fact that Quark was the most intelligent out of the threesome of Ferengi was kind of troubling haha.

Quark = Moe, Nog = Larry, Rom = Curly

Captain Kathryn April 10 2013 04:57 AM

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7923097)
Quote:

Captain Kathryn wrote: (Post 7923064)
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7923007)
blah. . .bla-blah-blah. . .

Yeah, but I have a soft spot for the Ferengi. They make for good humor and Quark definitely helped Odo all those times without meaning to. :lol:

But yeah the fact that Quark was the most intelligent out of the threesome of Ferengi was kind of troubling haha.

Quark = Moe, Nog = Larry, Rom = Curly

:lol:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.