The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Better Call Saul, the TV series (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208771)

Temis the Vorta April 9 2013 09:39 PM

Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
A bit late for April Fools, so I'm assuming this is legit.

Quote:

As AMC‘s Breaking Bad is heading into its final eight-episode run this summer, the network and series producer Sony TV are exploring keeping the franchise alive with a spinoff series centered on one of Breaking Bad‘s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman.

...

Saul has served as Breaking Bad‘s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. As a result, I hear the potential spinoff is eyed as a comedy, which could be one-hour, but a half-hour format also is being explored.
A dark comedy about an outlandish scumbag lawyer? Could work.


Temis the Vorta April 9 2013 09:45 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Oh PS, I don't consider this a spoiler that Saul survives the series, because there's every chance this loopy idea is misdirection and they do plan to kill him off... ;)

Guy Gardener April 9 2013 11:45 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
He dies. They do a prequel. No biggy.

That would be hilarious.

Having characters dead and alive, Walter even, walking through Saul's periphery ALMOST intersecting with his life.

Turd Ferguson April 10 2013 08:27 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
This could be funny. Saul Goodman is in my top three Breaking Bad characters. As long as they keep the humor in Saul's typical scummy antics and not make it slapstick or anything, I'd definitely be up to watching it.

gblews April 12 2013 08:33 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Oh my god, I LOVE Saul. I was just posting about this character on another board in reference to this lawyer who was recntly busted for bringing cocaine (for one of his client's) into a California prison. I thought, this is Saul, a criminal attorney.

If this is a comedy, it has to be dark. Looking forward to it.

JirinPanthosa February 8 2015 09:35 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Who else is super-hyped?

sidious618 February 9 2015 01:56 AM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
The reviews have been stellar so I'm looking forward to it.

Guy Gardener February 9 2015 09:26 AM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 7921912)
He dies. They do a prequel. No biggy.

That would be hilarious.

Having characters dead and alive, Walter even, walking through Saul's periphery ALMOST intersecting with his life.

Fricking called it!

Past me is so much more on the ball than now me.

EnriqueH February 9 2015 01:49 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 10676692)
Quote:

Guy Gardener wrote: (Post 7921912)
He dies. They do a prequel. No biggy.

That would be hilarious.

Having characters dead and alive, Walter even, walking through Saul's periphery ALMOST intersecting with his life.

Fricking called it!

Past me is so much more on the ball than now me.

Hi, Guy. Could you explain what you mean? I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say: Are you saying Saul died? (If so, I must've missed it. Or is that a prediction, which wouldn't be a bad one, I might add. :))

Anyway, I really enjoyed the show. I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

I like the music they gave the two skaters.

Oh!

And the creators get bonus points for using Tony "Scarface" Montana's mom as the older lady at the end! Did you guys pick up on that?

JirinPanthosa February 9 2015 04:25 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
He's referring to Tucco's appearance in the last scene.

That is some pretty terrible luck. :)

marillion February 9 2015 06:52 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Always good to see my hometown on the screen.. I'm surprised they didn't give it an "older" look, considering this is set in the years prior to Breaking Bad. Though I noticed most of the police cars predate APD's current use of black at white Dodge Chargers. So points for that.

Toward the end, when the skaters are heading into the house with the old lady, they ponder what she means when she says "Mijo," which is a combination of "Mi hito" or "My son."... Most of us who live here, Hispanic or not, have a modicum of knowledge of Spanish/Spanglish and how it's used in the vernacular... So for them not to know what she was saying was a little doubtful...

That, however, is a minor nit-pick and something only residents here would pick up on . I really enjoyed the show, otherwise... A good start to what I hope will be a successful run.

For those of you wishing to understand a little bit more about how we talk here in the Q, I present to you "S**t Burquenos Say"

And there is a Part 2, which you can click on afterward. :)

Emh February 9 2015 07:17 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
That was a lot of fun. Good to have Saul back, even if that's not his real name. Mike, too, even if it was only one scene so far. I didn't expect Tuco coming back, so that was a pleasant surprise. :lol:

Beagleman February 9 2015 07:24 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Quote:

marillion wrote: (Post 10678033)
Always good to see my hometown on the screen.. I'm surprised they didn't give it an "older" look, considering this is set in the years prior to Breaking Bad. Though I noticed most of the police cars predate APD's current use of black at white Dodge Chargers. So points for that.

IIRC they also used pretty old flip-phone models.

Galileo7 February 9 2015 08:01 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Quote:

JirinPanthosa wrote: (Post 10677586)
He's referring to Tucco's appearance in the last scene.

That is some pretty terrible luck. :)

Agree. ;) I love the opening Saul now and then thinking back to the prequel happenings. Excellent potential for cameos from so many. Maybe, Walter, Gus, Hank, et.al. :beer::biggrin:

Guy Gardener February 9 2015 10:16 PM

Re: Better Call Saul, the TV series
 
Quote:

EnriqueH wrote: (Post 10677022)
Hi, Guy. Could you explain what you mean? I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say: Are you saying Saul died? (If so, I must've missed it. Or is that a prediction, which wouldn't be a bad one, I might add. :))

This is a 2 year old thread.

My post where I said that this is a prequel where he will bump into dead people like Mike is from "April 9 2013, 10:45 PM " which is probably before the final episode of Breaking Bad, so it was a time in out lives when we didn't know if Saul was going to live or die, or even if Walter was going to live or die.

It turns out that Saul was never alive. Just some guy called Robert.



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.