The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Captain Picard Prank (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208480)

Captain McBain April 6 2013 10:13 PM

Captain Picard Prank

All joking aside, what do you think Picard would do if one of his senior officers rigged a bucket of cold water so that it would dump on his head as he entered his quarters? Do you think they'd get busted down in rank? Severely reprimanded? Let's assume that this occurs during a routine investigation of an interstellar dust cloud.

Melakon April 6 2013 10:28 PM

Re: Captain Picard Prank

Few people would have security access to Picard's quarters, so suspects would be quickly identified thanks to the ship's computer, which keeps track of such things (shown during "In Theory" after Spot escapes Data's quarters).

Enterprise doors are not hinged and do not open inward, so balancing said bucket is a potential obstacle to achieving the prank.

A Starfleet officer would not do that, as they are evolved beyond stupid juvenile stunts. :angel:

But what would Picard do? Court-martial, guilty, and the culprit is summarily beamed into space on wide dispersion during a "transporter accident". :evil:

Edit: Michael Dorn once said that when standing at the tactical console, always seeing the top of Patrick's head, he thought about throwing an egg at it.

Captain McBain April 6 2013 11:52 PM

The bucket could be rigged in some other way.

Admiral_Sisko April 7 2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Captain McBain wrote: (Post 7907623)
The bucket could be rigged in some other way.

I suppose one could use a microtransporter to beam a bucket of water into Picard's quarters in response to his triggering of the door's proximity sensors when he enters.

od0_ital April 7 2013 01:05 AM

^

Still be a computer record of who did it, though.

Agreed that it wouldn't be considered by Starfleet officers, because they're professional adults & all that.

But the E-D did have a large complement of children on board...though I doubt any of 'em would have the knowledge and/or ability to pull of a stunt like that. Or the testicular fortitude to dump water on the ship's captain...

Gaith April 7 2013 01:57 AM

Oddest. Thread. Ever. :cardie:

Admiral_Sisko April 7 2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

od0_ital wrote: (Post 7907953)
^

Still be a computer record of who did it, though.

Agreed that it wouldn't be considered by Starfleet officers, because they're professional adults & all that.

But the E-D did have a large complement of children on board...though I doubt any of 'em would have the knowledge and/or ability to pull of a stunt like that. Or the testicular fortitude to dump water on the ship's captain...

Would there? Anyone willing pull off such a prank would doubtless have found a way to cover his or her tracks. A Maquis operative could easily pull together a scheme like this.

Admiral_Sisko April 7 2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Gaith wrote: (Post 7908061)

You're calling something to do with Star Trek odd? I thought the whole purpose of the show was to "boldy go where no one has gone before." That's what we're doing. :techman:

marksound April 7 2013 02:12 AM

What would he do? Did you see what he did to the Borg on the holodeck?

That was a mild overreaction. :lol:

Captain McBain April 7 2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Carcazoid wrote: (Post 7908118)
What would he do? Did you see what he did to the Borg on the holodeck?

That was a mild overreaction. :lol:

:guffaw:

R. Star April 7 2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7907302)

But what would Picard do? Court-martial, guilty, and the culprit is summarily beamed into space on wide dispersion during a "transporter accident". :evil:

You sir, have been watching too much TNG recut! :p

Though really, I'd see him throw the book at anyone stupid enough to do something like that. They'd deserve it really. A formal reprimand, along with getting the crappy assignments for the next year at least.

Melakon April 7 2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7908340)
You sir, have been watching too much TNG recut! :p

I've only seen a few, and not in weeks, so it must have been a subconscious influence.

What really surprised me is out of all the ridiculous stuff I put in that post, only the door thing was objected to. ;)

JirinPanthosa April 7 2013 05:15 AM

Stern speech.

Flake April 7 2013 11:45 PM

Picard would convene a meeting in the observation lounge to announce an investigation into the incident but only after drinking a cup of Earl Grey Tea to recover from the shock.

Admiral Norah Satie would come onboard to conduct the investigation assuming the incident occurs before Season 4.

Eventually it is discovered that Picard often wakes up during the night as Locutus and it was Locutus who set Picard up.

Melakon April 8 2013 12:47 AM

Q is the only person who could get away with it.