The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Doctor Who (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The 10th doctor and plans for series 5 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208399)

Samurai8472 April 5 2013 06:06 PM

The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Basically working backwards(pre regeneration) but going forward with Amy for 13 episodes

http://tennantnews.blogspot.co.uk/20...ould-have.html

Quote:

I only had the roughest idea. Had David stayed for one final year, it would certainly have been his last, so my pitch was that it would start with the TARDIS crashing in Amelia's back garden - as now - and a terribly battered and bruised Tenth Doctor staggering out. Amelia finds him, feeds him fish custard (no that was for Matt, it would have been something more Davidy) and generally helps him. But we, the audience, can see he's in a truly bad way. Dying maybe. Eventually he heads back to his TARDIS, and flies off.
But when he returns - many years later for Amy - he seems perfectly fine, and indeed doesn't remember any of those events...And of course over time, we realise what we saw was the Tenth Doctor at the end of his life, about to regenerate.
Events that we return to in Episode 13...

Interestingly Moffat's version of things where the doctor is nearing his end(Big Bang or proposed season 5) all involve seeing Amelia.


I wonder if he'll do the same when Smith steps down.

We get a glimpse of Caitlin(little Amy) who's a few years older the last time we saw her

Timofnine April 5 2013 06:17 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
I just read this on Facebook! A great idea but I think that it would have been a bit obvious... would have needed another twist or two to trick us all :p

Samurai8472 April 5 2013 06:41 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

Green Lantern April 5 2013 06:48 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
An interesting idea, but I much prefer the End of Time.

Allyn Gibson April 5 2013 06:50 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7902961)
Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

RTD wasn't anywhere close to writing "The End of Time" when Tennant turned down Moffat's offer for series 5. They were filming the River Song two-parter at the time, so while RTD knew there was going to be a year of specials, he had no idea what those specials were going to be.

If Tennant had wibbled and decided to stay on for series 5, if there was an "End of Time," it would have been vastly different -- and RTD would likely have written his final special as a lead-in to whatever Moffat had in mind.

Green Lantern April 5 2013 06:59 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 7903003)
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7902961)
Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

RTD wasn't anywhere close to writing "The End of Time" when Tennant turned down Moffat's offer for series 5. They were filming the River Song two-parter at the time, so while RTD knew there was going to be a year of specials, he had no idea what those specials were going to be.

If Tennant had wibbled and decided to stay on for series 5, if there was an "End of Time," it would have been vastly different -- and RTD would likely have written his final special as a lead-in to whatever Moffat had in mind.

I have a feeling that if Tennant did stay on, I probably wouldn't have liked his last series anywhere near as much as his previous ones. I don't really like Moffatt's style of writing much. To many plot twists.

The Mirrorball Man April 5 2013 07:09 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

Green Lantern wrote: (Post 7903045)
To many plot twists.

Are you offering a toast?

Sindatur April 5 2013 07:13 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

The Mirrorball Man wrote: (Post 7903090)
Quote:

Green Lantern wrote: (Post 7903045)
To many plot twists.

Are you offering a toast?

Make mine Dill Rye or Sourdough, please ;)

Klaus April 5 2013 07:17 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
How about powdered toast?

N-121973 April 5 2013 07:18 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
I've always imagined had series five featured Tennant it could have played out pretty much as it did, but the twist could have been as Amy 'wishes' the Doctor back into existence and the Tardis materializes at her reception, when the doors open instead of Dr 10 emrging it could be Dr 11. The regeneration could have happened off screen and then series 6 could have had a running story arc where doubts are created in both Amy and Rory (and more importantly the audiences' minds) as to whether or not this is indeed the Doctor, or a substitute.

diankra April 5 2013 08:00 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 7903003)
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7902961)
Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

RTD wasn't anywhere close to writing "The End of Time" when Tennant turned down Moffat's offer for series 5. They were filming the River Song two-parter at the time, so while RTD knew there was going to be a year of specials, he had no idea what those specials were going to be.

If Tennant had wibbled and decided to stay on for series 5, if there was an "End of Time," it would have been vastly different -- and RTD would likely have written his final special as a lead-in to whatever Moffat had in mind.

Well, he wouldn't have needed to do any lead in on the basis of what's been posted here: the last of the 2009 specials could have ended with the Doctor heading off as normal: then 11th Hour opens with the dying Doctor crashing in Amelia's garden, without any explanation at the time, but we later learn that's the Doctor from season's end. Then the Doctor, just post-2009 specials, turns up as normal and meets Amy with no knowledge of young Amelia's meeting with his later self.

No need for any set up from RTD.

Samurai8472 April 6 2013 12:15 AM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

diankra wrote: (Post 7903258)
Quote:

Allyn Gibson wrote: (Post 7903003)
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7902961)
Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

RTD wasn't anywhere close to writing "The End of Time" when Tennant turned down Moffat's offer for series 5. They were filming the River Song two-parter at the time, so while RTD knew there was going to be a year of specials, he had no idea what those specials were going to be.

If Tennant had wibbled and decided to stay on for series 5, if there was an "End of Time," it would have been vastly different -- and RTD would likely have written his final special as a lead-in to whatever Moffat had in mind.

Well, he wouldn't have needed to do any lead in on the basis of what's been posted here: the last of the 2009 specials could have ended with the Doctor heading off as normal: then 11th Hour opens with the dying Doctor crashing in Amelia's garden, without any explanation at the time, but we later learn that's the Doctor from season's end. Then the Doctor, just post-2009 specials, turns up as normal and meets Amy with no knowledge of young Amelia's meeting with his later self.

No need for any set up from RTD.


Some minor tweaking from "Planet of the Dead" and we're good


-Take out the psychic black woman giving the doctor a warning


"Planet of the Dead" basically ends the same way with Christina off in the bus and the Doctor going back inside the TARDIS



The Christmas special would be "The Eleventh Hour" since Amelia is praying for Christmas presents and Santa

Starkers April 7 2013 09:01 PM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 7902817)
Basically working backwards(pre regeneration) but going forward with Amy for 13 episodes

http://tennantnews.blogspot.co.uk/20...ould-have.html

Quote:

I only had the roughest idea. Had David stayed for one final year, it would certainly have been his last, so my pitch was that it would start with the TARDIS crashing in Amelia's back garden - as now - and a terribly battered and bruised Tenth Doctor staggering out. Amelia finds him, feeds him fish custard (no that was for Matt, it would have been something more Davidy) and generally helps him. But we, the audience, can see he's in a truly bad way. Dying maybe. Eventually he heads back to his TARDIS, and flies off.
But when he returns - many years later for Amy - he seems perfectly fine, and indeed doesn't remember any of those events...And of course over time, we realise what we saw was the Tenth Doctor at the end of his life, about to regenerate.
Events that we return to in Episode 13...
Interestingly Moffat's version of things where the doctor is nearing his end(Big Bang or proposed season 5) all involve seeing Amelia.


I wonder if he'll do the same when Smith steps down.

We get a glimpse of Caitlin(little Amy) who's a few years older the last time we saw her

Well that would have been a nice idea, hopefully he won't do that with Smith given he's already given the game away now though :p

The Borgified Corpse April 8 2013 12:19 AM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
As interesting as I think that would have been, if Tennant had stayed on, it means that we wouldn't have gotten Season 5's best episode, "The Lodger." Let's face it, so much of that episode is based on Smith's social awkwardness. Tennant is just too cool for it to work.

diankra April 8 2013 12:49 AM

Re: The 10th doctor and plans for series 5
 
Quote:

The Borgified Corpse wrote: (Post 7912153)
As interesting as I think that would have been, if Tennant had stayed on, it means that we wouldn't have gotten Season 5's best episode, "The Lodger." Let's face it, so much of that episode is based on Smith's social awkwardness. Tennant is just too cool for it to work.

Except that... The Lodger is adapted from a DWM comic strip of the same name, with the 10th Doctor and Mickey rather than 11 and Craig.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.