The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208105)

TrekToday April 2 2013 07:00 PM

Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

For many Star Trek: Enterprise fans, the show ended way too soon, and a group of fans, led by Doug Drexler, are hoping to bring a fifth season to Netflix. “The voyages of the NX-01, with Captain Archer, Trip, T’Pol, and the rest of the crew ended just as the show was finally beginning to [...]

More...

BillJ April 2 2013 07:25 PM

Re: Drexler?s Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

Oh my God! Just enjoy the show for what it was. Not every single cancelled show needs a follow up. And has anyone thought about how ridiculous these people are going to look trying to pick up characters where they left off a decade ago?

Melakon April 2 2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 7888825)
And has anyone thought about how ridiculous these people are going to look trying to pick up characters where they left off a decade ago?

Yeah, no one remembers TMP through TUC anymore. :shifty:

R. Star April 2 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7889440)
Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 7888825)
And has anyone thought about how ridiculous these people are going to look trying to pick up characters where they left off a decade ago?

Yeah, no one remembers TMP through TUC anymore. :shifty:

Good point. I always enjoyed the TOS movies way more than TOS itself.

DS9forever April 2 2013 09:34 PM

Even if Netflix did bring it back (never gonna happen!), the budget would be a fraction of what it was - it would be Mayweather in a small room talking about still being an ensign.

Melakon April 2 2013 10:17 PM

And he'd be complaining about former ensign Hoshi now being a commander.

Ptrope April 2 2013 10:18 PM

No, it wouldn't - Mayweather didn't have that many lines! ;)

Sorry, Doug - after 4 years of Zombie Star Trek, I don't see any good reason to try to make it walk again. Leave that coffin shut, locked, chained and buried - better to start a new show from scratch without the B&Baggage.

dub April 2 2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7889461)
I always enjoyed the TOS movies way more than TOS itself.

Glad I'm not alone in that! :techman:

JarodRussell April 2 2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Ptrope wrote: (Post 7889734)
No, it wouldn't - Mayweather didn't have that many lines! ;)

Sorry, Doug - after 4 years of Zombie Star Trek, I don't see any good reason to try to make it walk again. Leave that coffin shut, locked, chained and buried - better to start a new show from scratch without the B&Baggage.

Too bad you weren't around when they tried to revive zombie-TOS.

mythme April 2 2013 11:24 PM

If Drexler and Coto are involved - these guys are FANS and sticklers for making things look good. Even if the budget was small i'm sure they would make the most of it without sacrificing quality. I think the hardest part would be getting Bakula again. Realistically, the best we could hope for would probably be a 5-part mini-series sort of thing; maybe as a test to see if a full-fledged new series on Netflix is viable.

R. Star April 2 2013 11:27 PM

You know I don't think reviving Enterprise is worthwhile, but if others do, I don't see any reason to tell them they shouldn't try. I never got why people think they have to be against something someone else does just because they don't think it's plausible. If we get a 2 hour tv movie out of the deal years later somehow, great. Can't be worse than TATV.

Admiral Buzzkill April 2 2013 11:34 PM

Well, Enterprise was an improvement over much of what had been produced as Star Trek after 1994...but I think that ship has sailed.

In a number of respects Abrams's first Trek movie was conceptually similar to Enterprise. The producers of the series had a good sense of what needed to be done in order to jump-start the Franchise, but at best faltering notions of how to execute the necessary changes.

Still, if it weren't for Star Trek: Enterprise we wouldn't be about to see Into Darkness on the big screen - so good for Enterprise. :techman:

BillJ April 2 2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

mythme wrote: (Post 7890148)
If Drexler and Coto are involved - these guys are FANS and sticklers for making things look good. Even if the budget was small i'm sure they would make the most of it without sacrificing quality. I think the hardest part would be getting Bakula again. Realistically, the best we could hope for would probably be a 5-part mini-series sort of thing; maybe as a test to see if a full-fledged new series on Netflix is viable.

Broken Bow cost Paramount $12 million dollars to produce in 2001.

Melakon April 2 2013 11:39 PM

They might be pushing this idea just to see if Paramount/CBS bites, and The Suits say "You know what? Try it as a new series instead. Here's some seed money."

BillJ April 2 2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7890274)
They might be pushing this idea just to see if Paramount/CBS bites, and The Suits say "You know what? Try it as a new series instead. Here's some seed money."

Doubtful. Paramount/CBS seems to be keeping a pretty tight grip on who does what with the franchise these days. Pocket had a series of four Abramsverse books ready to be published which were yanked at the last minute.

When a new series is greenlit, it'll be under the very tight control of Paramount/CBS.