The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Please don't airlock me . . . (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=208057)

Ryn April 2 2013 12:25 PM

Please don't airlock me . . .
 
So, I'm new to the beauty that is Voyager, but I fell in love fast. Back in January, a friend suggested I watch it. She promised that I'd like it and that it'd be something fun for me to do. I can't lie, the prospect of watching anything Star Trek was unsavory and sort of left a bad taste in my mouth, as I'd grown up thinking that only nerds and losers wasted time on Trek. Well holy crap, I was wrong. I started watching Voyager and within ten minutes of Caretaker (part I, of course), I was completely and utterly in love with the show.

A lot of it had to do with the fact that Kathryn Janeway was so damn gorgeous. I'm not ashamed to admit it; I have a massive crush on the enigmatic and utterly commanding captain. It helps that Kate Mulgrew is something of a hero to me, and I wound up watching five seasons of Voyager in a week and a half. I was that obsessed. I loved the plotlines, the arcs that carried over, the development that was going on in the complex characters . . . I loved it all. I'm almost down to the final six episodes of the seventh season and as excited as I am to see them, I've found myself dragging my feet. It's almost over for me; I'm nearing the end and I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

So after this very long and very drawn out introduction in which I've blathered on and on about my new addiction to Voyager, I'll conclude with a question for you lovely people.

Which is your favorite episode and why is held in such high esteem?

-Ryn

Jeri April 2 2013 01:05 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
I love it, too; I started watching TOS in September, 1966, on NBC and loved it. TOS is my sentimental favorite, with VOY my modern favorite. I like all the episodes and don't have any complaints. :D

My favorite is "Muse," with "Blink of an Eye" a close second. I like the classical/historical aspects of those two -- and with the latter, the fact it spans all the time frames and comes into their space-faring present. It doesn't hurt that Daniel Dae Kim as Gotana-Retz became a TV star I could see elsewhere.

Melakon April 2 2013 01:13 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
"Year of Hell", for Kurtwood Smith.

Why would anyone airlock you?

Captain Kathryn April 2 2013 02:18 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Quote:

Ryn wrote: (Post 7887370)
So, I'm new to the beauty that is Voyager, but I fell in love fast. Back in January, a friend suggested I watch it. She promised that I'd like it and that it'd be something fun for me to do. I can't lie, the prospect of watching anything Star Trek was unsavory and sort of left a bad taste in my mouth, as I'd grown up thinking that only nerds and losers wasted time on Trek. Well holy crap, I was wrong. I started watching Voyager and within ten minutes of Caretaker (part I, of course), I was completely and utterly in love with the show.

A lot of it had to do with the fact that Kathryn Janeway was so damn gorgeous. I'm not ashamed to admit it; I have a massive crush on the enigmatic and utterly commanding captain. It helps that Kate Mulgrew is something of a hero to me, and I wound up watching five seasons of Voyager in a week and a half. I was that obsessed. I loved the plotlines, the arcs that carried over, the development that was going on in the complex characters . . . I loved it all. I'm almost down to the final six episodes of the seventh season and as excited as I am to see them, I've found myself dragging my feet. It's almost over for me; I'm nearing the end and I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

So after this very long and very drawn out introduction in which I've blathered on and on about my new addiction to Voyager, I'll conclude with a question for you lovely people.

Which is your favorite episode and why is held in such high esteem?

-Ryn

My favorite episode? I would have to get back to you on that since I love too many.

I love Voyager too and re-watched all 7 seasons somewhat recently within 1-2 months haha. Many an all-night marathon. :lol:

Tralfaz April 2 2013 04:23 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
It took me a while to warm up to Voyager. Mainly because everytime I looked at Janeway, all I could see was Mrs. Columbo!

Captain Kathryn April 2 2013 05:40 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Quote:

Tralfaz wrote: (Post 7888108)
It took me a while to warm up to Voyager. Mainly because everytime I looked at Janeway, all I could see was Mrs. Columbo!

Apparently she detested that role lol.

JanewayRulz! April 2 2013 06:11 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
I can't possibly pick just one... but if I was FORCED to, it would be season 6's Barge of the Dead. One of the reasons I love it was that it culminated a year long dance / estrangement :klingon: /rapproachment between Janeway and Torres. :bolian:

I would throw up my fav final scene from the ep, but I've been accused of liking that scene as much as Chandler and Joey liked porn on "Friends". :alienblush:

Captain Kathryn April 2 2013 06:17 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Quote:

JanewayRulz! wrote: (Post 7888510)
I can't possibly pick just one... but if I was FORCED to, it would be season 6's Barge of the Dead. One of the reasons I love it was that it culminated a year long dance / estrangement :klingon: /rapproachment between Janeway and Torres. :bolian:

I would throw up my fav final scene from the ep, but I've been accused of liking that scene as much as Chandler and Joey liked porn on "Friends". :alienblush:

Yeah I would have to do some digging around and serious thinking before picking ONE episode. I could probably list my favorite episode by-character or pairing easily though.

Lynx April 2 2013 08:09 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Nice to see a new Voyager fan among us. And your enthusiasm reminds me about how I was after watching the first episodes of the show.

As for favorite episode, it's the season 2 episode "Cold Fire".
It's exciting, spooky with a good story and Kes as the main character.

My 10 favorite episodes are:

1 Cold Fire
2 Persistence Of Vision
3 Caretaker
4 Warlord
5 Basics (part 1 and 2)
6 Projections
7 The Swarm
8 Darkling
9 Time And Again
10 Before And After

CorporalClegg April 2 2013 08:26 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Quote:

Ryn wrote: (Post 7887370)
Well holy crap, I was wrong.

Not wrong, but welcome to the club. :evil:

Quote:

I started watching Voyager and within ten minutes of Caretaker
You do realize most of those 10 minutes involve Deep Space Nine stuff. Perhaps that should tell you something?

Quote:

A lot of it had to do with the fact that Kathryn Janeway was so damn gorgeous. I'm not ashamed to admit it; I have a massive crush on the enigmatic and utterly commanding captain.
Don't be ashamed; it happens to the best of us.

Quote:

It helps that Kate Mulgrew is something of a hero to me
She was also a hero to Secretary Clinton, so you're in good company.

Quote:

I'm nearing the end and I honestly don't know what to do with myself.
There are four other Star Trek series to watch. Just sayin'. :shifty:

Quote:

Which is your favorite episode and why is held in such high esteem
"Deadlock"

It has some outstanding emotional drama, the birth of Naomi Wildman, and, of course, two Captain Kathryn Janeways.

R. Star April 2 2013 09:31 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
I'd have to say Scorpion is the high water mark of Voyager. Even though Species 8472 was completely silly, it was the drama between Janeway and Chakotay that carried the episode for me.

teacake April 2 2013 11:36 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
My favorite episode is Timeless. I love time travel, surly old Harry, frozen Janeway, the EMH chopping up 7's head for parts, the ship CRASHING..

And here's my favorite fanvid of Timeless, it's PERFECTION.


Mr. Laser Beam April 2 2013 11:38 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
My favorite episode? Living Witness. 'Nuff said.

teacake April 2 2013 11:38 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Quote:

Melakon wrote: (Post 7887475)
"Year of Hell", for Kurtwood Smith.

Why would anyone airlock you?

Maybe the poster jumped into some of the recent hate threads and freaked out.

Don't worry Ryn the VOY love is strong here :adore:

Also for Mulgrew drooling check out this thread..

R. Star April 2 2013 11:39 PM

Re: Please don't airlock me . . .
 
Timeless was definitely up there on my list too. Surprising for a Kim/Chakotay centered episode. Burton really brought out the best in Garrett Wang.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.