The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=207817)

StarTrekSlut March 31 2013 08:56 AM

Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
So princess leia started this bakery hairdo fetish it seems. But Star trek should be past all that right? Nooo...

In cometh Katheryn Janeway.. with the most ridiculous female hairstyle i have seen since Kassidy Yates of DS9..

I mean its bad enough that janeway is your basic midwest hillbilly chick.. You're telling me she cant get a decent haircut? Crusher was elegant and refined.. Janeway is a pompus tomboy!

Its like you want to respect her, but she just pisses you off by throwing that whole home-grown corn-pone nonsense in your face. Like she was Judy Garland with all the freakin answers.. doesnt need advice from anybody but lets call a conference anyway.. AAAUGH...

If TNG Season 1 was torture, Voyager S1 and S2 is guantanamo bay on steroids...

7 of 9 is the only light at the end of my tunnel

-crim

R. Star March 31 2013 09:32 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
You complain about Janeway's lack of style because she goes with a funky hairdo, then proceed to hold Seven of Nine up as a fashion example?

Freedom of expression is to be ridiculed, but skin tight cat suits that set back women's rights 300 years are approved. Hurray for sexism! :p

teacake March 31 2013 09:33 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
I'm groovin' to this picture of Janeway as Judy Garland. Who's with me?

R. Star March 31 2013 09:40 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Typically Janeway gets more crazy the more loose and casual her hair is. So uptight bun's are good for crew longevity! :p

Dream March 31 2013 09:45 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Janeway should have been bald from the start like Picard. Now that dude has a timeless hairstyle.

teacake March 31 2013 09:46 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
You could roll out pastry on his head.

R. Star March 31 2013 09:52 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Though shalt not speak blasphemy against the Picard!

Actually I could see Janeway pulling off a butch GI Jane look for some reason.

teacake March 31 2013 09:55 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Here you go:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5226/5...b9b1a2d2_z.jpg

Very appealing :adore:

R. Star March 31 2013 09:58 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
You notice how the Borg never mutilate the arms/eyes of main characters? Awfully nice of them.

But yeah... the Borg Butch look wasn't quite what I had in mind. ;)

teacake March 31 2013 09:59 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Didn't they eye implant Tuvok once??

R. Star March 31 2013 10:02 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Nope. But they gave him some nice ear jewelry.

http://www.tv-nostalgie.de/Voyager/Tuvok_Borg2.jpg

And you know if that was poor Ensign Ricky that his right arm would've been chomped off and replaced with a can opener while his left eye was gouged out and replaced with a digital clock.

R. Star March 31 2013 10:03 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Oh and I found this image while googling Tuvok Borg... oddly relevant.

http://fancydresscostumes.co.uk/blog...er-Vulcan.jpeg

Melakon March 31 2013 10:16 AM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7877443)
And you know if that was poor Ensign Ricky that his right arm would've been chomped off and replaced with a can opener while his left eye was gouged out and replaced with a digital clock.

And a tape recorder up his nose.

StarTrekSlut March 31 2013 08:26 PM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7877302)
You complain about Janeway's lack of style because she goes with a funky hairdo, then proceed to hold Seven of Nine up as a fashion example?

Freedom of expression is to be ridiculed, but skin tight cat suits that set back women's rights 300 years are approved. Hurray for sexism! :p

This is entertainment my friend. We want to be ENTERTAINED! We dont want to see some school marm (that 300 years far back enough for you?) with a pickle up her arse that thinks she is Gods gift to the delta quadrant. She is pompous ... Its pathetic

-crim

Captain Kathryn March 31 2013 09:32 PM

Re: Janeway Delta Quadrant BUN
 
Quote:

StarTrekSlut wrote: (Post 7878928)
Quote:

R. Star wrote: (Post 7877302)
You complain about Janeway's lack of style because she goes with a funky hairdo, then proceed to hold Seven of Nine up as a fashion example?

Freedom of expression is to be ridiculed, but skin tight cat suits that set back women's rights 300 years are approved. Hurray for sexism! :p

This is entertainment my friend. We want to be ENTERTAINED! We dont want to see some school marm (that 300 years far back enough for you?) with a pickle up her arse that thinks she is Gods gift to the delta quadrant. She is pompous ... Its pathetic

-crim

I'm on the "Janeway is sexy" boat. It was extra exciting when her bun would come loose! The crazier the situation became, her hair always matched. I wasn't a fan of the bun of steel but enjoyed when it came loose and we got to see her with the long hair.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.