The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   SFX Poll for Top Trek Moments (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=207226)

NightJim March 25 2013 07:00 PM

SFX Poll for Top Trek Moments

Brit sci-fi mag SFX is having a poll for Star Trek’s Best Moments. I've already voted, but did it quickly, and as soon as I did I realised I'd missed one I really should have picked.

It's also missing my favourite moment from First Contact, but there's plenty there already.

DalekJim March 25 2013 07:13 PM

Re: SFX Poll for Top Trek Moments

Went with Sisko's In The Pale Moonlight log. Closest thing I'd have to a favourite Star Trek moment.

sonak March 25 2013 08:38 PM

of those, I think it's "I am Locutus of Borg." Probably the most influential TV moment of modern Trek.

Greg Cox March 25 2013 08:50 PM

Fun poll. It was hard boiling it down to ten, but I managed to spread my votes across TOS, TNG, DS9, and the movies.

(Nothing from VOYAGER or ENTERPRISE, alas.)

BillJ March 25 2013 08:55 PM

Romulan captain to Kirk: "In a different reality, I could have called you friend.” (TOS, “Balance of Terror"). This is my top moment.

CorporalClegg March 25 2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

BillJ wrote: (Post 7849915)
Romulan captain to Kirk: "In a different reality, I could have called you friend.” (TOS, “Balance of Terror"). This is my top moment.

I picked the same. BoT is my single favorite episode of Trek.

NightJim March 25 2013 11:25 PM

I completely missed "There are four lights" or that would have been in there. But first thing I did was try and find Best of Both Worlds.

Anji March 26 2013 03:56 AM

The end of TVH.

Spock: "My father says that you have been my friend. You came back for me."
Kirk: "You would have done the same for me."
Spock: "Why would you do this?"
Kirk: "Because the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many."

'Nuff said.

Merlanthe March 26 2013 04:45 PM

Worf killing Duras or Worf killing Gowron were both great moments but werent included in the poll :(

yousirname March 26 2013 05:07 PM

I was puzzled to see nothing from Darmok, but in thinking about it I suppose there probably isn't really any one moment in particular that stands out.

Bry_Sinclair March 26 2013 09:44 PM

I like how Vedek Yassim's death is there. I love that scene just for Kira's reaction.

One moment I would liked to have seen on the list, which is probably my favourite line from VOY (just ahead of "Get the cheese to sickbay") is from 'Caretaker', where Kes proclaims: "I saw the sunlight." A defining line for the character given in such a great way, which made me love Kes.