The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Trek Literature (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Is there a Where are they Now thread for the series? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=207208)

Arpy March 25 2013 01:31 PM

Is there a Where are they Now thread for the series?

Where's Picard and crew and Sisko and crew all scattered about and who're their replacements? How's Janeway and CO.'s fleet doing across the galaxy in the DQ, and whatever happened to TOS cast? What's the latest!?!?!?!?? Wondering if and where to read some current Trek lit.

Thrawn March 25 2013 01:35 PM

Re: Is there a Where are they Now thread for the series?

The flowchart in my signature will give you the big picture, all of the related post-finale books of all the different series, but without plot details.

If you'd like to catch up more specifically, probably you want to read:

- Star Trek: Destiny - a big crossover trilogy about the Borg, good starting point.
- Then, for VOY's crew: the four most recent Voyager relaunch novels, starting with Full Circle (see my signature)
- Then, for DS9's crew: the following novels from the Typhon Pact series - Rough Beasts of Empire, Zero Sum Game, Plagues of Night, Raise the Dawn
- Then for the most recent on TNG's crew: the Cold Equations trilogy.

There will be some gaps in there, but that's probably bare minimum to catch you up. (And all those books are goddamn kickass too, lemme tell ya.)

Unless you just want a whole bunch of spoilers, in which case say so and I'll give you a summary behind a spoiler warning.

Therin of Andor March 26 2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Arpy wrote: (Post 7848148)
Where's Picard and crew and Sisko and crew all scattered about and who're their replacements? How's Janeway and CO.'s fleet doing across the galaxy in the DQ, and whatever happened to TOS cast? What's the latest!?!?!?!?? Wondering if and where to read some current Trek lit.

Check out the character entries on Memory Beta. Many of them get updated each time a fan reads a new book or comic.

Sci March 26 2013 09:09 PM

Here's a short "Where They Are Now" for the canonical characters in TNG and some DS9. It's a little too long a list of characters for me to tackle them all at once, so if someone else wants to pick it up, feel free:

DonIago March 26 2013 09:39 PM

I'm tempted to ask for citations for a number of the events cited above so that I know which books I most need to read. :)

(has read Destiny, some of TP and the DS9 two-parter)

Sci March 26 2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

DonIago wrote: (Post 7855108)
I'm tempted to ask for citations for a number of the events cited above so that I know which books I most need to read. :)

(has read Destiny, some of TP and the DS9 two-parter)

I'll add a few.

King Daniel Into Darkness March 26 2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Sci wrote: (Post 7854943)
Here's a short "Where They Are Now" for the canonical characters in TNG and some DS9. It's a little too long a list of characters for me to tackle them all at once, so if someone else wants to pick it up, feel free:

"Short":lol:
Nice round-up!

Christopher March 26 2013 10:18 PM

One clarification: Rene Picard is only 6-7 weeks younger than Natasha Riker-Troi. Natasha was born July 21, 2381, and Rene was born in the first week of September '81 as near as I can determine. Since Cold Equations ends in August '84, that means that technically Rene is "2" and Natasha is "3" at that particular time of year, but that's misleading.

Therin of Andor March 26 2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 7855357)
One clarification: Rene Picard is only 6-7 weeks younger than Natasha Riker-Troi. Natasha was born July 21, 2381, and Rene was born in the first week of September '81 as near as I can determine. Since Cold Equations ends in August '84, that means that technically Rene is "2" and Natasha is "3" at that particular time of year, but that's misleading.

But they'll both be played by eight years olds in a few episodes' time! ;)

Sci March 27 2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Blame my memory. Thanks for the clarification!

Continuing a bit today:

Paper Moon March 27 2013 08:33 PM

^^This is epic. A great reminder of the depth and breadth of TrekLit from the last decade. Thanks, Sci!! :beer:

tomswift2002 March 28 2013 12:25 AM

Well, I would say that it's understandable that people would think the kids were still in diapers. The last couple of novels have moved the stories across great distances in time. This wasn't like when Palmieri was editing the books and each book moved the story ahead by a week or a month.

SicOne March 28 2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Sci wrote: (Post 7859752)
Quote:

Blame my memory. Thanks for the clarification!

Continuing a bit today:

Sci, this was awesome! :)