The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Lindelof On The Mysterious Harrison (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=206044)

TrekToday March 13 2013 10:40 PM

Lindelof On The Mysterious Harrison

Star Trek into Darkness Co-writer Damon Lindelof explained that there is a logical reason for keeping quiet about the villain of the movie. After the success of Star Trek, the pressure is on to produce a good movie. “If anything, we’ve become more terrified [this time],” said Lindelof. “We kind of got it right the [...]

More...

Mach5 March 13 2013 11:33 PM

Re: Lindelof On The Mysterious Harrison

Quote:

“They know that if I said it to them, they would have a five-second rush of exhilaration followed by four months of being completely and totally bummed out that they can’t tell anybody else and that when it gets revealed in the movie, it will have been spoiled for them. That’s why they’re called ‘spoilers,’ they’re not called ‘awesomes.’”
Wait a second... John Harrison is actually a pseudonym of a canon character after all? Or is Lindelof just fucking with us again?

The Wormhole March 14 2013 01:29 AM

Sounds to me like he just gave away that John Harrison is an alias. Abrams is going to blow a fuse.

ChristopherPike March 14 2013 01:45 AM

Well... since it's either the first and last names of deceased Beatles put together, or the inventor of the marine chronometer that keeps perfect time across longitude - I never figured it could be anything other than a nom de plume.

As long as he doesn't turn out to be Khan! :rofl:

Mr. Laser Beam March 14 2013 03:00 AM

Didn't we all pretty much assume from the get-go THAT Harrison is a pseudonym? It just seems pretty obvious that he's shaping up to be somebody important, from canon, and he can't be that if we've never seen him before.

serenitytrek1 March 14 2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

ChristopherPike wrote: (Post 7798801)
Well... since it's either the first and last names of deceased Beatles put together, or the inventor of the marine chronometer that keeps perfect time across longitude - I never figured it could be anything other than a nom de plume.

As long as he doesn't turn out to be Khan! :rofl:

And lets not forget that he speaks with a british accent.:)

Opus March 14 2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

The Wormhole wrote: (Post 7798744)
Sounds to me like he just gave away that John Harrison is an alias. Abrams is going to blow a fuse.

Saying Harrison is a pseudonym doesn't give anything away though. If anything, it heightens the mystery.

The Mirrorball Man March 14 2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

OphaClyde wrote: (Post 7800451)
Quote:

Saying Harrison is a pseudonym doesn't give anything away though. If anything, it heightens the mystery.

And it may be a LIE planted in the interview to MISLEAD us and make us IMAGINE things! :eek:

The Wormhole March 14 2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sure it's still more than Abrams, Mr "telling things to the audience is evil" would have preferred.

Admiral Buzzkill March 14 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wrong.

It tells us that when his identity is revealed it will be a big moment- someone known even to casual Trek viewers as bad ass.

It ain't Muddy nor Mitchell. ;)

thumbtack March 14 2013 08:36 PM

Mr. Atoz?

Enterprise is Great March 14 2013 08:58 PM

Harrison is...

Sindatur March 14 2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

My Name Is Legion wrote: (Post 7801534)
Quote:

Quote:

Wrong.

It tells us that when his identity is revealed it will be a big moment- someone known even to casual Trek viewers as bad ass.

It ain't Muddy nor Mitchell. ;)

Not necessarily. He could turn out to be Pike's bastard son, or someone elses long lost family member or somethng. "Who he is" doesn't necessarily mean a named canon character

Shilliam Watner March 14 2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Enterprise is Great wrote: (Post 7802044)
Harrison is...

I think he is a rejuvenated Capt. Robert April with super strength and I think that ship that Kirk is space diving to is April's Enterprise.

marksound March 14 2013 09:43 PM

I'm pretty sure Harrison is ...