The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   If it leaked... [Cain, Fisk, Adama and what if] (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=205648)

Marcus Porcius Cato March 10 2013 04:05 AM

If it leaked... [Cain, Fisk, Adama and what if]

At the end of the Resurrection Ship 2, we saw that Cain and Adama were both prepared to kill the each other battlestar's leadership. Adama wanted to kill only Cain, while (in my view) far more indefeasible action Cain wanted to kill Adama's entire leadership staff (Tigh, Geata, Lee, etc... eventually President herself).

I've wondered if the fact that they were trying to take one another leaked (I assume either by Starbuck or Shaw, etc) by the time of Gaeta's rebellion... that could be why Pegasus crew mutinied against Adama.

THE Robert Maxwell March 11 2013 02:20 PM

Re: If it leaked... [Cain, Fisk, Adama and what if]

I don't think there is any further explanation needed than what we got: Gaeta, Zarek, and the rest of the mutineers were pissed as hell that their supposed leaders were in bed with the Cylons. The Pegasus crew harbored a particularly strong enmity for Cylons, nurtured by Admiral Cain, which no doubt stuck around long after Pegasus herself was lost.

I don't see why their mutual assassination plots would ever be discussed again after both Cain and Adama declined to give the kill orders.

DigificWriter March 24 2013 05:49 AM

I've got to agree with Robert Maxwell; the knowledge of Cain and Adama's aborted dual assassination plans really wouldn't have had that big of an affect on the Pegasus crew's participation in Gaeta and Zarek's rebellion because they (the Pegasus crew) already had enough motivation to join the mutineers as it was and wouldn't have needed anything else to push them over the edge.

Marcus Porcius Cato April 13 2013 04:29 PM

So you don't think something like that could be the motivation to push them off the reservation?

Dead Possum April 15 2013 06:52 AM

Allying with the Cylons would be enough really. They have no reason to trust them other than lack of anyone else to trust. They all likely see the Cylon attack to be completely unprovoked after the Cylon War and possibly a Cylon plot to wipe out the last of humanity. They've gone through constant Cylon attacks for the last few years, many were likely on New Caprica and had to go through that ordeal and now some Cylons roll up with some story about a civil war and want to be friends. It would be like Hitler landing in Washington and asking for help fighting the other Nazis. They'd see it as an absolute betrayal.

You can't really blame them, they aren't working from the same knowledge of the audience where we know the rebel Cylons were the ones who didn't want to wipe them out. Plus the fact that Tigh was a Cylon and still the XO had to be rough. They knew Adama had a weak spot for Tigh, most had to be aware he is a drunk and Adama allows it. They could think that they used Tigh to trick Adama into allowing the Cylons to wipe them out.

If I were in the situation I can't say I wouldn't join in, unless I had an absolute trust in Adama's leadership and judgement.